BANNED

Default Superman a hero from List B.

comics: his name and one of his series have been stolen.
    cinema: nothing is known.
    videogames: nothing is known.
    tv: a series, like the rest of dc substitutes (flash will have a movie).
    Not only is batman far above superman, ww has far surpassed him and seeing what is in movies (there are no plans) and video games (where he is only a villain) other characters will soon surpass superman.

What a bunch of nonsense. Be happy that Diana is finally getting her first solo game. Superman is in a better place than he was a decade ago.

Damn, can't believe they cancelled Action Comics, Superman and Lois, My Adventures with Superman, the Coates movie, the Supergirl movie, and the Jordan series while I was asleep.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What is the point of this?
    Assassinate Putin!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'll admit Superman doesn't feel like he's in the best spot right now but it's far from doom and gloom.

Wonder Woman is getting more spotlight now than she has in recent memory and that's a good thing. She's exploded in pop-culture relevance thanks to her movie (and to a lesser extend WW1984) and WB are finally moving in to make a buck years later (because even with the golden goose of Batman WB are shockingly late to capitalise on popularity/trends).

It's certainly nothing to do with superman's current situation.

The best thing is if MORE of DC's heroes are enjoying mass appeal and performing well.
    Last edited by exile001; 12-10-2021 at 09:01 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Fantastic Member

This is hilarious.

WW has far surpassed Superman? The only thing she has over him right now is films.

Superman's comic line is bigger than Wondy's, and as far as I can tell, neither's comics are setting the world on fire in terms of acclaim.

Superman is getting a cartoon, after having had several over the 80 years. Wonder Woman has yet to have a single cartoon of her own. Probably the most iconic superhero to have never gotten their own cartoon.

You started this thread based off of Wondy getting her first video game...after Superman has had several. And for all we know, this game could turn out bad.

Incredible Member

One of the things that you realize early on around here is that our various fan bases enjoy doing excessive whining.
    There is also this sense that if one group of heroes is getting attention, it must be at the detriment of someone else.
    Along with building up our favorites, we must go about the process of tearing down someone else.
    I don't get it myself.
    I love Superman, but don't feel his place in the pantheon is dependent on some video game.

I'll also frankly admit that video games aren't my cup of tea.
    Others love them to death, talk about them, but I'm too aged and decrepit for it to speak to me.
    I hope that it is a good game, that Wonder Woman fans get pleasure from them.

BANNED

Outside of the comics WW has movies and a video game, superman a series (spin off of supergirl) and a drawing, clearly ww is much superior. in the comics neither of them does very well, but superman is getting worse and worse and has a clear substitute. so if WW (right now )>>>>>> superman. As for superman being from list b, there is nothing that makes him a top tier hero.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Outside of the comics WW has movies and a video game, superman a series (spin off of supergirl) and a drawing, clearly ww is much superior. in the comics neither of them does very well, but superman is getting worse and worse and has a clear substitute. so if WW (right now )>>>>>> superman. As for superman being from list b, there is nothing that makes him a top tier hero.
    He is literally up there with Micky Mouse as one of the most recognizable characters in pop culture. His merchandise sales are probably still exceptionally strong, and maybe only bested by Spider-Man and Batman. Superman gets tons and tons of merch. He couldn't be a B-List character if he tried. For all the hemming and hawing here, it's likely his new movie is going for prestige Oscar bait over popcorn, so its likely that will be quality. Comics wise, he's consistently better than Wonder Woman who actually has two replacements in comics - Wonder Girl and Nubia - at the moment. And for a "spinoff" of Supergirl, Superman and Lois did not even acknowledge Kara's existence. Literally the only thing Wonder Woman has on him at the moment is a video game. Literally. That's it.

Superman fans have the biggest inferiority complex in comics.

I don't know why the rest of you are feeding the troll.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-10-2021 at 06:10 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.