Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

All that green screen for the Fantastic Four, who are renowned adventurers and should be exploring the world and multiple galaxies/dimensions.... How sad, but we knew this would be the case considering the budget they gave to this. Also, Doom looks awful.

Guys, let's just remember to keep a cool head and chill it with needless profanity. Thanks.

~~Gordon

looks like a burned mummy im sure they are gong to beef it up with CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    I can't really tell what I'm looking at. I suppose the mask looks okay, but is his body burned? Is that a suit or organic skin?

On the one hand, I think there's an overabundance of vitriol being thrown at this film by fans; on the other hand, Fox is doing such a crappy job at building pre-release buzz, I don't really blame people for not getting excited. Every piece of information has been leaked in random ways, completely devoid of context.

Trank seems like a smart guy, and the cast is a fascinating, offbeat, but well-proven bunch of actors. If Marvel were running this show with the same talent, they would have actually known how to handle the production-- when to release pictures, what to focus on, what snippets of information will get fans excited.

Also, the Dr. Doom costume would probably be better than this.

Instead, it seems Fox has no idea what they're doing. They've finished filming already, and I keep forgetting this is even a real movie being made.
    I'd agree with all of this.

Obviously we shouldn't take a leaked picture as a good showcase for what the costume will look like, especially when it's behind a green screen, but Fox should be smart enough to have released some pictures of the film by now. Just look at the picture they released of Paul Rudd as Scott Lang, it was totally useless but it still got hype, even without anything interesting in it. Releasing a picture of Doctor Doom in his full costume, or the Thing's design would get some enthusiasm for this thing at last (I'm guessing they don't have any actual costumes for the Fantastic Four themselves, or else we would have have seen pics of them on location).

The same thing did happen with First Class, so I guess we'll see.

BANNED

Well..if Dr. Doom is supposed to be a homeless guy in the new movie then they really did their jobs well here with the outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    That looks amazing. It looks like Doom.

The "new" Doom in the FF reboot looks like something a cosplayer on an extremely tight budget would cobble together.
    I think the costume looks creepy. Maybe even will look "good" on screen just in terms of being something fear inducing but as Doom it's pretty poor. It definitely looks like Trank is going Ultimate, and I wouldn't be surprised if that "military experiment" plot synopsis is what we get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Well..if Dr. Doom is supposed to be a homeless guy in the new movie then they really did their jobs well here with the outfit.
    Victor the Stunt Bum?

I like it. It's an interesting design that differs from the comics, and what's wrong with that? Am really looking forward to the Doom bots in this film as well.

Am looking forwards to this film ( even if am in the minority here ). The reason why people have been hating this movie already is only because of the previous 2 movies that sucked. This film however has a great director and a solid cast. It's a new crew that looks promising, and people are already giving it crap even though not one single footage of the movie has been released...
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

BANNED

and a script that has been turned over more than Joanna Angel on a busy day at the office

Quote Originally Posted by ScottSummers View Post
    Yeah, it kind of is. If you're blind I suppose it's not, but I mean whether your for it or against it, the character he was cast as is not black.
    The character is black because the actor playing him is black.

Spectacular Member

I hope that's not the mask used in the film, the eyes are too big and it makes the mask look really weird and a bit unsettling.
    Also, has anyone else noticed that Doom is missing an arm in the first two pictures?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THE DANGER965 View Post
    I like it. It's an interesting design that differs from the comics, and what's wrong with that? Am really looking forward to the Doom bots in this film as well.
    I'm getting the feeling they are trying to rush this and make the Doom bots be like Ultron in the Avengers before Avengers 2 comes out.

Like this, only with Doom bots
    The-Avengers-2-nuovi-concept-art-e-un-poster-dal-Comic-Con-2014-1.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    I hope that's not the mask used in the film, the eyes are too big and it makes the mask look really weird and a bit unsettling.
    Also, has anyone else noticed that Doom is missing an arm in the first two pictures?
    His arms look there to me in both pictures. The first one his arm is just bent.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottSummers View Post
    you have to start questioning when the negativity is finally justified.
    When you've seen some actual footage and it's awful?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    His arms look there to me in both pictures. The first one his arm is just bent.
    My bad. Zooming in, you can see the blur from where the arm is moving. On a small screen it looks like his arm ends at the elbow.