Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Netflix CCO Talks Daredevil Tone, Casting Jessica Jones

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=106533

It was really based on the theatrical model of The Avengers. Could you take another group of characters, The Defenders, and go about it the same way? Normally they do the big movie and then eventually they get to the group origin story. Having 13 hours to tell each of these stories, you can go right to the origin story and the action at the same time."

Right now, the writers' rooms are open and they're looking at casting Jessica," the CCO revealed. "If you sense some hesitation in my voice, that's classic Marvel fashion. They like to keep that veil of secrecy. But Daredevil is already shooting, since that's out first. Eventually the series will run very close together. You can then have a separate season where the characters will cross over." As for whether these cross overs will reach the movies, he would only say: "It has definitely been talked about."
    I'm looking forward to all these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=106533

I'm looking forward to all these shows.
    Me too. I've been thanking the TV gods for a while that I chose Netflix over Hulu or Amazon Prime.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Can hardly believe we're actually getting a Jessica Jones show, even if it's 13 episodes instead of 22 like it likely would've been had the original show, AKA Jessica Jones, managed to make the light of day.

Wonder would it have taken the form it is now, or been like it will be.

Hope Iron Fist getting a show doesn't prevent the chances of getting a film. Remember reading that he would, so hopefully those plans don't get a stopper in the works due to this.

Hopefully his origin'd get a quick explanation, opening credits style, or something therein, though, given that it mostly likely be set after the show. Also, maybe a nice reference to his time in The Defenders, hopefully same, for a Jewel, or Power Man, or Daredevil reboot.

Hopefully they cast well with Jessica, Danny and Luke, and realise their powers, looks and personalities well.

Ultimate Member

Yes, but since it's on Netflix instead of ABC, now they can make it more like Alias in terms of tone, content, maturity, etc, which is exciting because that book was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yes, but since it's on Netflix instead of ABC, now they can make it more like Alias in terms of tone, content, maturity, etc, which is exciting because that book was awesome.
    I'll put it this way: Netflix is a good place for a Jessica Jones show. ABC is a good place for a Jewel show.

But, hopefully, Jessica Jones and The Defenders are a good place for both.

And, yes, that is a benefit, which is something I'd hope for with Daredevil myself, especially with the Bendis stuff I've read, but hopefully there'll be shades of light amongst the dark.

A sense of mystery and adventure for IF, and of action, fun, liike LC.

Astonishing Member

I liked alias, i have hated Jessica Jones in every appearance since.
    So i'm hoping this is more like alias.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I really hope DAREDEVIL is allowed to keep a darker tone than the films. I mean it's on Netflix, we can have full on BORN AGAIN and all the Bendis/Brubaker stuff. Nocenti stuff too.

I want to see my favorite MARVEL character the way he's meant to be, THE GUARDIAN DEVIL. I want a sadistic Bullseye, a ruthless Kingpin, I hope we get it.

BANNED

I think the sister from Dexter would make a perfect Jessica Jones. I also hope we get a few other core members of this new Defenders- probably not Punisher, but a few other previous heroes showing up for it would be great. Like how the Avengers were the starring characters of the four previous movies/franchises plus a select few other characters. I'm thinking maybe Misty Knight and White Tiger? Three super heroines is better than one!

BANNED

All I want to know is if there will eventually be blue-rays...

Fantastic Member

This and how it all ties is going to be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm sure there will be. Orange is the New Black and House Of Cards are out on blu-ray aren't they. Casting Jessica right is going to be difficult. she needs to have the warn out alcoholic look while still being appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    I think the sister from Dexter would make a perfect Jessica Jones. I also hope we get a few other core members of this new Defenders- probably not Punisher, but a few other previous heroes showing up for it would be great. Like how the Avengers were the starring characters of the four previous movies/franchises plus a select few other characters. I'm thinking maybe Misty Knight and White Tiger? Three super heroines is better than one!
    I agree Jennifer Carpenter would be great (maybe because her character on Dexter swore so much-)

All-New Member

Marvel has lots of great female characters that could have got a netflix show, but instead they make one about that shallow waste of space Jessica Jones.

Extraordinary Member

God, I can't wait for the Jessica Jones show! It oughta be great!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why wouldn't there be?

Other than the Kingpin, has there been any word on villains we can expect to show up in the DD series?