Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Fantastic Four's Doctor Doom Surfaces Online

Wow, no wonder they haven't shown any images from this. That costume looks...terrible.

Extraordinary Member

Whooooooooooo....that's bad.

BANNED

Soooo. It's a stealth remake of the first FF film? Not the two with Alba in it.

I can't really tell what I'm looking at. I suppose the mask looks okay, but is his body burned? Is that a suit or organic skin?

On the one hand, I think there's an overabundance of vitriol being thrown at this film by fans; on the other hand, Fox is doing such a crappy job at building pre-release buzz, I don't really blame people for not getting excited. Every piece of information has been leaked in random ways, completely devoid of context.

Trank seems like a smart guy, and the cast is a fascinating, offbeat, but well-proven bunch of actors. If Marvel were running this show with the same talent, they would have actually known how to handle the production-- when to release pictures, what to focus on, what snippets of information will get fans excited.

Also, the Dr. Doom costume would probably be better than this.

Instead, it seems Fox has no idea what they're doing. They've finished filming already, and I keep forgetting this is even a real movie being made.

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    I can't really tell what I'm looking at. I suppose the mask looks okay, but is his body burned? Is that a suit or organic skin?

On the one hand, I think there's an overabundance of vitriol being thrown at this film by fans; on the other hand, Fox is doing such a crappy job at building pre-release buzz, I don't really blame people for not getting excited. Every piece of information has been leaked in random ways, completely devoid of context.

Trank seems like a smart guy, and the cast is a fascinating, offbeat, but well-proven bunch of actors. If Marvel were running this show with the same talent, they would have actually known how to handle the production-- when to release pictures, what to focus on, what snippets of information will get fans excited.

Instead, it seems Fox has no idea what they're doing. They've finished filming already, and I keep forgetting this is even a real movie being made.
    The last part...maybe. I mean, I'm a huge Marvel fan and I love majority of the MCU movies, but they've made some poor decisions with costumes IMO. Nothing terrible, but sometimes not the best costumes. These stills, they are severely out of context and maybe they'll look better in motion. Who knows? This movie could surprise people by being good or it could be as terrible as so many people think it will be.

I think something like this is fairly easy to pull off and it looks great

Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Maybe the reason it looks so cheap and crappy is that its a rough mock up for a stand in to wear why rehearsing wire work. I doubt that's his costume the tattered cloak is the only part I can see making it into a real movie. Even the mask looks kinda cheap. The metal skin is a loosing fitting Spandex suit it looks like. This is no doubt no where near a finished product, it might not even be a early version. Just a prop to wear to see how the mask and cloak move around during the wire work.

edit: Atleast I hope so, you never knw with fox

Hmmm... that looks quite poor.

I think it looks sweet as heck.

Ahhhh!!!! It's naked Malekith!
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Soooo. It's a stealth remake of the first FF film? Not the two with Alba in it.
    So it will be a better movie then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post

It looks like some kind of suit that's be damaged by something like chemicals. Also has what look like exhaust holes (or something) on it, but I'm not sure if that's a "real" part of the suit, or something that's just there for the wires. It would be nice to have a better look at it, but it doesn't look good here.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Looks like something from Doctor Who

BANNED

Guessing the Thing is going to be huge in this movie.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    The last part...maybe. I mean, I'm a huge Marvel fan and I love majority of the MCU movies, but they've made some poor decisions with costumes IMO. Nothing terrible, but sometimes not the best costumes. These stills, they are severely out of context and maybe they'll look better in motion. Who knows? This movie could surprise people by being good or it could be as terrible as so many people think it will be.

I think something like this is fairly easy to pull off and it looks great

Yeah wouldn't it? I'm pretty convinced we will never see anything nearly this good onscreen.

You have to keep in mind that Mark Millar is a consultant in this movie. I suspect we may be getting Ultimate Doom and just like the Julian McMahon version, he's becoming metallic and may not even be wearing armor. That will be disappointing to me. Even in the Rise of The Silver Surfer they at least put him in armor but he ended up looking like Darth Vader.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-28-2014 at 06:17 AM.