View Poll Results: Should Legion become the next host of the Carnage symbiote?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

17 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Legion Xavier as Carnage?

Could you envision Legion Xavier as the new host of the Carnage symbiote instead of Cletus Kasady? I feel that the Carnage symbiote should move on from Cletus Kasady to Legion as a way of making things interesting and unpredictable. Having the same host is boring.

the problem here is the whole idea of.... "why that guy?"

It's not only an X character but one of the most powerful ones.

Astonishing Member

Because Legion needs to spread his wings outside of the X-Verse. Characters need to migrate to other places. There is not enough mutant representation in the Spider-verse. Peter Parker needs a challenge that he's not encountered before. Legion as Carnage would allow the symbiote to do things we have yet to see. Carnage(Legion) would test Spider-Man's abilities to the limit. For all we know, Spider-Man and Deadpool might had worked together against Legion in the past.

I guess their combined insanity could break the cap and make 'em into one sane individual .

Jokes aside, the hell would Legion even need a symbiote for? That's like giving a squirt gun to Aquaman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I guess their combined insanity could break the cap and make 'em into one sane individual .

Jokes aside, the hell would Legion even need a symbiote for? That's like giving a squirt gun to Aquaman.
    Legion could bring out the Carnage symbiote's full potential....
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-10-2021 at 09:02 PM.

For starters, I hate the idea of characters just passing around symbites.

On top of that, the powers don't compliment each other. Legion is a brain-whammy guy. Carnage is a tear you to pieces type. You can't really effectively do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Legion could bring out the Carnage symbiote's full potential....
    That doesn't answer how Legion would need, or even have an use, for Carnage lol.

Also I'm not sure if Legion is so bloodthirsty, 'cause the Carnage symbiote is definitely violent.

And as Alan2099 points out, the powers don't compliment each other, and considering Legion's power is "reality warping", something like a symbiote is too small for him too, and the idea of Legion getting more powers sounds odd anyways.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

To illustrate the above points on mismatched powers and the general feeling of 'Why?' I present this nonsense.

Cosmic Carnage.jpg

That is the Sliver Surfer with the Carnage symbiote. While this is a hilarious visual, essentially all it did was completely nerf BOTH characters.

Cletus IS Carnage and, for better or worse, that is the most interesting thing you can do with such a one-note character as Carnage (as entertaining as the note can be).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    To illustrate the above points on mismatched powers and the general feeling of 'Why?' I present this nonsense.

Cosmic Carnage.jpg

That is the Sliver Surfer with the Carnage symbiote. While this is a hilarious visual, essentially all it did was completely nerf BOTH characters.

Cletus IS Carnage and, for better or worse, that is the most interesting thing you can do with such a one-note character as Carnage (as entertaining as the note can be).
    The absurd idea of this thread made me think of that too lol.

Thumbs up

No, there is only one true Carnage Cletus Kasady. Others can temporarily wear the symbiote but in the end, Kasady is the default host and, IMO, the best host.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Bring him back, you cowards
    RCO021_1471422160.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Cosmic Carnage.jpg

The Carnage symbiote bonding with Legion Xavier would make for an interesting story against Peter Parker. This could allow for both Carnage and Legion to work together that could be a dangerous combination...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Carnage symbiote bonding with Legion Xavier would make for an interesting story against Peter Parker. This could allow for both Carnage and Legion to work together that could be a dangerous combination...
    Darth, have you read Si Spurrier's X-Men: Legacy run starring Legion?

-Pav, who is honestly curious...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Darth, have you read Si Spurrier's X-Men: Legacy run starring Legion?

-Pav, who is honestly curious...
    I would love to see Peter or Kaine encounter Legion Xavier and Proteus...

"Legion Xavier".

Call him David Haller or Legion. "Legion Xavier" isn't a thing.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.