Well actually on second thought I may have to retract what I said before. It’s not just Twitter it’s everywhere across all social media. There’s a huge contingent of people who hate Superman, who think he’s lame, and that’s something you lay squarely at the feet of WB for how badly they’ve mismanaged him. For the past two decades his major appearances have been:
1. Superman Returns where he’s a boring Jesus figure and the whole movie is just Donner nostalgia wankfest
2. Man of Steel again had him as a boring Jesus figure. At least there was some action but Superman himself was still terrible
3. Batman vs. Superman which was just unmitigated crap and where he had fewer lines than Spider-Man in Civil War
4. Justice League where he was a total meme
5. ZSJL where he was again a hollow Jesus entity
6. Injustice games where he was a mass murdering villain
7. Smallville where he wasn’t Superman
8. Superman & Lois which was the only adaption I can call “good” but unfortunately many people have abandoned the CW entirely because of how badly the Arrowverse as a whole declined. I’ve seen many people refuse to even give the show a chance simply because it’s CW, and of course the Snyder stans hate it simply for existing
9. A handful of DTV animated movies which have varied widely in quality
10. The DCAU where he was an easily provoked moron who was constantly getting one upped by Batman

Christ it’s been an absolutely hellish century for him so far. This is what you get when you pretty much abandon any effort to keep him in the public eye as WB did after the 90s. S&L is a nice start but it can’t solve his godawful pop culture image alone. Hopefully between S&L, MAWS, League of Super-Pets, and maybe Legion of Superheroes we will start to see Superman’s pop culture image recover.