Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Idk if you guys have seen it, you probably have, but there is an issue of Superman Red and Blue is it? Where Clark is kidnapped by the Russians and tortured. And apparently some other sites think he was raped by the Russians. Was it really was implied?
    I mentioned it on pg. 5 of this thread... and yeah. They did, its roughly the same scene as that first Jessica Jones, Luke Cage comic scene.

------
    And what I was mentioning is my biggest complaint about superman is that he "feels" like such a magnet for every coward with a grudge.

He's just... He's the center of things and similar to batman people resent that. They resent Bats for his "plot armor" and his "BatGod" Tower of babel antics, but
    Superman is just resented SO much for what he was known to represent "Truth, Justice, and the American Way" and the more people take umbrage, and carry these
    huge grievances against that last part superman is kinda on the ropes. Its hard to recognize for the modern kids that somebody might be "Just GOOD" and "Want Good",
    its a LOT easier for them to identify with Omni-man and Homelander... than somebody that just wants "good" for everybody.

So you get things like supeman red and blue, and various evil supermen, and ineffectual superman. He should

I know this probably goes without saying for ANY hero but it'd be nice if the only people writing superman were people who not only "Understood" the character, but actually "LIKED" his Norman Rockwell
    'merica-ness. He's just a likely to move against big banks and Robber Barons, as terrorists and murderers.

I think his depiction as the lapdog of the status quo is a bit off, but thats to be interpreted by someone else. I'm not his biggest fan, and given full thought his writers don't NEED to be, but moreso his
    editorial should be.

After I wrote this I went and checked this thread out. I think this encompasses a lot of what I complain about, not it totality but a lot of it.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...absolute-power
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 01-10-2022 at 12:37 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I mentioned it on pg. 5 of this thread... and yeah. They did, its roughly the same scene as that first Jessica Jones, Luke Cage comic scene.

------
    And what I was mentioning is my biggest complaint about superman is that he "feels" like such a magnet for every coward with a grudge.

He's just... He's the center of things and similar to batman people resent that. They resent Bats for his "plot armor" and his "BatGod" Tower of babel antics, but
    Superman is just resented SO much for what he was known to represent "Truth, Justice, and the American Way" and the more people take umbrage, and carry these
    huge grievances against that last part superman is kinda on the ropes. Its hard to recognize for the modern kids that somebody might be "Just GOOD" and "Want Good",
    its a LOT easier for them to identify with Omni-man and Homelander... than somebody that just wants "good" for everybody.

So you get things like supeman red and blue, and various evil supermen, and ineffectual superman. He should

I know this probably goes without saying for ANY hero but it'd be nice if the only people writing superman were people who not only "Understood" the character, but actually "LIKED" his Norman Rockwell
    'merica-ness. He's just a likely to move against big banks and Robber Barons, as terrorists and murderers.

I think his depiction as the lapdog of the status quo is a bit off, but thats to be interpreted by someone else. I'm not his biggest fan, and given full thought his writers don't NEED to be, but moreso his
    editorial should be.

After I wrote this I went and checked this thread out. I think this encompasses a lot of what I complain about, not it totality but a lot of it.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...absolute-power
    Well said!

That is a major problem for the character- he embodies values that are out of place now-a-days. And his writers are unable to write him well because they can't put themselves in his head. Or as i recall from Mark Waid's comments about Birthright they have editorial people who need explanations for what should be self-evident about the character's motives.

Idk if you guys have seen it, you probably have, but there is an issue of Superman Red and Blue is it? Where Clark is kidnapped by the Russians and tortured. And apparently some other sites think he was raped by the Russians. Was it really was implied?
    That people think DC would put a story where Superman was raped in prison alongside a bunch of wholesome stories where he helps kids in frankly insane to me. It’s based on an old Pre-Crisis story where Superman gets captured and starved. Ridley upgraded it to outright torture. People screamed it was rape to bait the outrage machine and a bunch of people who never read the book took the bait. That issue came out in March of last year and a bunch of ComicsGate douchebags only found out about it now.

R&B was a bit of a disappointment all around but it seems it’s legacy will be being used for Internet fodder. Oh well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That people think DC would put a story where Superman was raped in prison alongside a bunch of wholesome stories where he helps kids in frankly insane to me. It’s based on an old Pre-Crisis story where Superman gets captured and starved. Ridley upgraded it to outright torture. People screamed it was rape to bait the outrage machine and a bunch of people who never read the book took the bait. That issue came out in March of last year and a bunch of ComicsGate douchebags only found out about it now.

R&B was a bit of a disappointment all around but it seems it’s legacy will be being used for Internet fodder. Oh well.
    Well it does give that implication. But the fact he was also torture is f*cking stupid as hell as well if you ask me. This story is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    8^o
    What is happening right now?
    You didn't read the page? It's from one of those Red and Blue issues. Supermna gets captured and it implied he was raped

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You didn't find her interesting during Loeb/Kelly era?
    If you mean Superman vs. Lois Lane, then yes that might be something I omitted by accident.

Anyone notice we barely have any memorable Villains stories compared to Batman and Spiderman?

oh wow, I had hoped you all were lying about that Russian storyline. I'm going to try very hard to forget the article I just read on it
    The J-man

Incredible Member

It wasn't the Russians but some made-up dictatorship. Superman mentioned they "did things to him" and it spiraled from there.

rednblue.jpg