Mighty Member

Default Wonder woman vol. 5: Flesh

WW vol.5 has gotten a title now! "FLESH"

It collects WONDER WOMAN #23: First Born and 24-29 and looks like it'll use #24's cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-V...wonder+woman+5

As many of you'v figured, Brian Azzarello is often playing with his titles. While Vol 1-4 Blood, Guts, Iron and War feels like they where named to give weight to Ares death, any theories what FLESH could mean? Some metal-song or something?

I thought it was cause of First Born's lack of it

Anyway, yyayyyy \O/ I can't find War at my local comic store yet =/ I guess I'll just buy it online

The first four were said by War in number #0...

I wonder if he did / or will do the same with flesh and the one which will follow... I don't remember if some character said that in some issue. It could be Diana who will say it, since she is the god of war now xD
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    The first four were said by War in number #0...
    Yup, what I meant by vol 1-4 giving weight to Ares death.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    I wonder if he did / or will do the same with flesh and the one which will follow... I don't remember if some character said that in some issue. It could be Diana who will say it, since she is the god of war now xD
    I was actually hoping for a Kirby-esque continuation of Ares speech with the amazons gathered and chanting Conan like "Blood, Guts, Iron, War, Wonder, Women" in the lines of "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women!".

But FLESH. Perhaps something the First Born will utter? Whom I Wonder Woman will need to kill, perhaps to fullfill what Ares says in #4 about that War will rule the world. Will probably need to wait towards the end till there's more to it

Ah! In this page it was said "flesh":

And maybe the next title could be "Family"...?
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)