Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    OH GOD a friend of mine just pointed something out.

Gerry Duggan is writing. And his pet character at the moment? Emma Frost. And guess what big 'universe changing' plotline has been hinted at about Emma Frost?

The Wedding of Tony Stark and Emma Frost.

Oh no.
    This is the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

It would be totally cool to finally bridge the X world with the rest of the Marvel universe where there isn't this weird hate towards mutants.

Also has Duggan ever written Stark before?
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-10-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

It would be a cool to finally bridge the X world with the rest of the Marvel universe where there isn't this weird hate towards mutants.

I'm sure Tony was in Deadpool once.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Sometimes the Hickman worship is a little too much... the man literally was a core writer on the original AvX lol.
    At the time, Hickman was nowhere near as big of a name as he is now, with a lot less room to dictate things. Mind you, he still wrote the only great issue of the crossover (and the one that is most clearly pro-mutant) and had AvX in that "lost decade" panel in House of X#2.

Astonishing Member

It would be a cool to finally bridge the X world with the rest of the Marvel universe where there isn't this weird hate towards mutants.

I remember when an Avenger and an X-Character got married out of nowhere. It totally brought r the two sides together and totally didn’t result in some creepy ass hateboners from the writers and fans

BANNED

I was pissed then I saw it's Gillen. I chilled

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    OH GOD a friend of mine just pointed something out.

Gerry Duggan is writing. And his pet character at the moment? Emma Frost. And guess what big 'universe changing' plotline has been hinted at about Emma Frost?

The Wedding of Tony Stark and Emma Frost.

Oh no.
    Welp that's not the only problem Duggan possess. Duggan writes Logan almost as Bendis. The guy who wrote AvX

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    At the time, Hickman was nowhere near as big of a name as he is now, with a lot less room to dictate things. Mind you, he still wrote the only great issue of the crossover (and the one that is most clearly pro-mutant) and had AvX in that "lost decade" panel in House of X#2.
    Yeah he was still under Bendis' tutelage during this time

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I remember when an Avenger and an X-Character got married out of nowhere. It totally brought r the two sides together and totally didn’t result in some creepy ass hateboners from the writers and fans
    Yeah totally agree

totally forgot i posted this tbh but, I think it may have to do with the children of the vault. Guessing probably the avengers and xmen realize the threat that they pose to humanity and team up in some fashion. Definitely dont see this as another hero vs hero event tbh but I was kind of nervous when I saw the title of it.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I'm looking forward to this, as for what the story could focus on who knows, I'm just happy that Jason Aaron isn't involved on this project.
    As for the rosters I hope that Valkyrie and Namor aren't involved, I'd love to see Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, She Hulk, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Echo Phoenix.
    Please have the Scarlet Witch involved.
    Will it be Tony Stark and Emma Frosts marriage ?, what has Beast done now ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Wanda is coming we love that for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Sometimes the Hickman worship is a little too much... the man literally was a core writer on the original AvX lol.
    There were a bunch of writers in that, names I bother remembering are Matt Fraction, Bendis, Aaron and Hickman, think Brubaker was in it too?

Either way, I'm not sure if writers can really be blamed for that trainwreck when it was made to be in the style of Civil War, not to mention, even if we blame writers, with so many around, hard to point fingers, unless we say they're all bad I guess lol.

Fantastic Member

Give this to Ewing I say

Fantastic Member

Wonder if this is where we see the Illuminati reunited from what was teased during the Gala. I also wonder if Namor will be more open to being friendly with Krakoa and joining them, but still primarily having his focus on Atlantis. Beast + Wonder Man reunion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    There were a bunch of writers in that, names I bother remembering are Matt Fraction, Bendis, Aaron and Hickman, think Brubaker was in it too?

Either way, I'm not sure if writers can really be blamed for that trainwreck when it was made to be in the style of Civil War, not to mention, even if we blame writers, with so many around, hard to point fingers, unless we say they're all bad I guess lol.
    Yup people kinda forget that all of these writers had a hand in it, instead they solely blame Bendis

Yup people kinda forget that all of these writers had a hand in it, instead they solely blame Bendis
    Sure other writers were involved in it but if you had read Bendis Avengers at the time you'd understand why he is mainly getting the blame for the tragedy that it was.
    I'm just glad Jason Aaron isn't involved as we would probably get the Avengers 1,000,000 BC v the X-Men 1,000,000 BC
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)