Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well not just marvel as dc had lois lane become a superhero with powers at least 4 times in the old lois comics and jimmy became turtle boy (?)

As for marvel don't forget bluebird in untold tales of spider-man who was in spideys first story decades before she became a hero in the comics.
    That series was published in the 90s though and she took up the mantle of Bluebird months after her first appearance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Except that with Flash, it wasn't random.

He'd been a soldier and disabled prior, and his struggles to control the suit complimented his character development pretty damn well.

I think a big problem is that now comic book movies are becoming popular, writers don't wanna hand over their ideas to Marvel for pennies. So they're forced to use existing characters when they wanna do something new(ish)
    This.

Everyone has seen what Disney/Marvel gives creators in compensation when a character created by them hits the big or small screen. Not a dime.

Any freelancer who created a original character for Marvel now is asking to get his or her pocket picked.

Nobody is gonna sign up for that...so all we get now are new Spider Mans, New Daredevils, New Darkhawks, or new Speedballs, or new Sleepwalkers.

As far as getting wholly original characters like we got in the 90's ( the era of Darkhawk and the rest)?...Never Again.

Only way that happens is if Marvel somehow gets thier hands on some really talented 19 year old who doesn't know any better and exploits the daylights out of him or her.

Which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This.

Everyone has seen what Disney/Marvel gives creators in compensation when a character created by them hits the big or small screen. Not a dime.

Any freelancer who created a original character for Marvel now is asking to get his or her pocket picked.

Nobody is gonna sign up for that...so all we get now are new Spider Mans, New Daredevils, New Darkhawks, or new Speedballs, or new Sleepwalkers.

As far as getting wholly original characters like we got in the 90's ( the era of Darkhawk and the rest)?...Never Again.

Only way that happens is if Marvel somehow gets thier hands on some really talented 19 year old who doesn't know any better and exploits the daylights out of him or her.

Which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
    I think that eventually, DC/Marvel/someone is gonna wise up and start offering some deals. Comics are becoming more profitable in their adaptions, after all, and eventually the well will run dry

That series was published in the 90s though and she took up the mantle of Bluebird months after her first appearance.
    Her first appearance was amazing fantasy 15. Don't think that came out in the 90s.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-20-2022 at 07:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think Lana Lang's time as Insect Queen counts. Lana Lang gets a ring from an alien (aliens used to crash land in Smallville all the time) that she helped out that can give her the abilities of a Human Sized version of any insect on Earth.

She never had a solo strip to my knowledge, but she would show up as a Legion of Superheroes reservist occasionally.

There's also a somewhat revamped Bronze Age version of Insect Queen that I know even less about. I just recall the character existing, lol.

The trend of making the girlfriend a superhero predates Silver Age comics. That trend goes all the way back to Golden Age comics.
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-20-2022 at 08:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Her first appearance was amazing fantasy 15. Don't think that came out in the 90s.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Oh damn I just read that a few months ago too. Completely forgot about it. I think she made another appendage but wasn't named.