Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Avengers/X-Men event teased for FCBD 2022

Featuring stories by an all-star lineup of creators including writers Kieron Gillen and Gerry Duggan and artists Dustin Weaver and Matteo Lolli, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1 will lay the groundwork for an event that will take the Marvel Universe by storm in 2022 and forever change the relationship between Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and mutantkind.

FCBD-AV-XMEN2022.jpg
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 12-10-2021 at 07:08 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Ultimate Member

I hope the fans show a little more "decorum" this time.

The hatred, bile, flaming, and trolling that took place during and after AvX was crazy.

I don't know for a fact but I'm pretty sure some of the craziness was one of the reasons this board got "rebooted".

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

The hatred, bile, flaming, and trolling that took place during and after AvX was crazy.

I don't know for a fact but I'm pretty sure some of the craziness was one of the reasons this board got "rebooted".

The board was rebooted in 2014, after Janelle Asselin wrote an article for CBR and some fans lost their minds, for some reason. They threatened, harassed and doxed her.

https://www.cbr.com/out-with-the-old...cbr-community/

AvX came out in 2012.

Yes, the fans were antagonistic, but that's exactly what Marvel wanted. They constantly pit fans against each other, i.e. Civil War, and encourage fan "outrage."
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Here's hoping fans calm down

Then again Marvel knows what it's doing, pitting fans against one another to create outrage.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The board was rebooted in 2014, after Janelle Asselin wrote an article for CBR and some fans lost their minds, for some reason. They threatened, harassed and doxed her.

AvX came out in 2012.

Yes, the fans were antagonistic, but that's exactly what Marvel wanted. They constantly pit fans against each other, i.e. Civil War, and encourage fan "outrage."
    That sounds really messed up, and funny enough, this is going to be the 10-year anniversary of AvX. I really hope this story isn't setting up AvX II.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That sounds really messed up, and funny enough, this is going to be the 10-year anniversary of AvX. I really hope this story isn't setting up AvX II.
    Uh oh I never realised that it was the AvX 10 year anniversary, that's it for sure then urghhh.
    I was hoping for something different but we all know how Marvel loves rehashing old stories, atleast Jason Aaron isn't involved, that one plus..
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Based on what is teased in Destiny of X, it seems that Hope Summers will reclaim the Phoenix Force from Echo.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Wait, is Aaron leaving the Avengers title soon?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

We can only hope...

IIRC, AvX created the wholly unnecessary and regrettable animus between Namor and Black Panther when Namor flooded Wakanda. I am convinced the reason Namor did it was because Emma Frost exercised some influence over him when she had a portion of the Phoenix Force, which amplified her powers to implant suggestions.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh boy.... and the fact that they're doing this so soon after Trial Of Magneto. I feel like the pitting of the X-Men against the Avengers will just never stop. It's one of their favorite commercial gimmicks, it seems. I would love to eat my words and this ends up being a team-up story between the two teams... but with the 10-year anniversary of AvX around the corner, I really don't have a good feeling about this.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Wait, is Aaron leaving the Avengers title soon?
    I don't know, but I think Aaron doesn't like to be dragged into events that are not his own, because this same thing happened in Empyre: it was a Fantastic Four/Avengers event, and they got the flagship FF writer to it, but Ewing instead of Aaron. Now they're doing an Avengers/X-Men event with the flagship X-Men writer, but Gillen instead of Aaron. It could mean Aaron is leaving, but it could just mean he didn't wanna get involved again. His Avengers run really feels like it lives in its own bubble.

AvX came out in 2012.

Damn, I joined these boards back in 2015 so I only heard stories about how bad things got from my peers in the T’Challa thread. But things went this damn far? I can only hope things won’t be as toxic this time around but considering this will be the ten year anniversary of Avengers vs X-Men.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 12-11-2021 at 05:43 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Damn, I joined these boards back in 2016 so I only heard stories about how bad things got from my peers in the T’Challa thread. But things went this damn far? I can only hope things won’t be as toxic this time around but considering this will be the ten year anniversary of Avengers vs X-Men.
    The wild days, the dark days I remember those days kinda like twitter now

Astonishing Member

Gillen’s been willing to play along with Aaron’s secret avengers history thus far, and most of his future stuff is time travel/multiverse related so Echo in the present loosing the Phoenix isn’t fatal to his run. I’d say the fact that he wasn’t roped in to finish his run off indicates Avengers Forever at least will be unaffected

I do have to be cynical though and wonder if Echo getting the Phoenix is a cynical insurance policy against someone killing herboff for Hope/Jean/Rachel/Emma to reclaim it

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Featuring stories by an all-star lineup of creators including writers Kieron Gillen and Gerry Duggan and artists Dustin Weaver and Matteo Lolli, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1 will lay the groundwork for an event that will take the Marvel Universe by storm in 2022 and forever change the relationship between Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and mutantkind.

FCBD-AV-XMEN2022.jpg
    Again? I hated the first AvsX. Geez, let's hear it for the House of rehashed ideas. 'Yawn!'

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Based on what is teased in Destiny of X, it seems that Hope Summers will reclaim the Phoenix Force from Echo.
    'Double-Yawn!"

Gezz, here's an original idea, have heroes team-up with heroes to fight VILLAINS!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Reminder Marvel made a second Civil War.

Honestly, what I kinda expect is to be like X-Men/Fantastic Four, which follows the "They fight each other over a misunderstanding then team up", which's, pretty meh, but not as bad as a hero vs hero event, but hey, could always be AvXII, and maybe be even worse than the original.