Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

If anything, I’m kind of hoping this deals with the rift between mutantdom and the rest of the Human Population. I feel since HOXPOX, we’ve seen some kind of small tension brewing, with the X-Men separating themselves from the wider MU. While they’ve been around for major events (KIB, Empyre, Last Annihilation, Devil’s Reign etc), they’ve just been doing their own thing. Hopefully, this event will address that. I’m not hoping for AVX 2 (that was just be meh), but I’m hoping for something with a lot more plot and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Marvel's gimmick seems to be rehashing, or at least borrowing the names, of old events.

Aaron's got Heroes Reborn and Avengers Forever and WWSH.
    Pak did Atlantis Attacks.
    Hickman had Infinity and Secret Wars.
    Forgot who did Civil War II and Last Annihilation.
    Bendis and Al Ewing respectively.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Featuring stories by an all-star lineup of creators including writers Kieron Gillen and Gerry Duggan and artists Dustin Weaver and Matteo Lolli, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1 will lay the groundwork for an event that will take the Marvel Universe by storm in 2022 and forever change the relationship between Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and mutantkind.

Attachment 116160
    Sigh Marvel dont know when to stop this. they need to stop trying to make avengers and xmen happen and be a thing. it is not a thing.

anytime xmen gets dragged into avengers stuff, it dumbs the xmen universe down. xmen so far in the last 2-3 years has been enjoying their Krakoa stuff and part of that was because it went back to very self contained xmen mythology. the constant crossover gimmick is so over. it has been over for a long time.

BANNED

Marvel's gimmick seems to be rehashing, or at least borrowing the names, of old events.

Who knows what is next.
    Yep. The gimmick also seem to be rehashing stories. Another AvX. Like the first one, was not bad enough. There really should not really be any other main Avengers/X-men counter after House of M.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-12-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    What villains? At this point either they are reformed, or such blatant incompetents that they are literally self defeating, or worst so bland and forgettable that you won't notice that the heroes are fighting them. 3xcpetions are the usual suspects who come again and again and again and again and again and again. With the same shtick.

That one problem that in these decade had not been solved.
    Hmmm, Let's see. You have the big guns (Doom, Red Skull, Kang, Thanos, Ultron, Galactus, etc...) ,which, as you say, are used endlessly, which sort of dilutes a lot their intensity. There are some second tier (and I say this in the nicest way possible) which are often on the fence in terms of being good or bad guys (and the X-Universe is the greatest offender here, always treating ambiguously even their worst villains such as Magneto, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Sabretooth, Mystique, etc...), such as Sandman, Absorbing Man, Mole Man, etc...
    And then you have some old favorites that haven't been treated with respect in a long time, such as Count Nefaria, The Friends of Humanity and the Right, Moses Magnum, The Reavers, The High Evolutionary, Immortus, Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil, The Master of the World, the Zodiac Cartel (this is an idea with SO much potential, IMHO, I can't believe it was never set as it deserved), the Brotherhood (and the Sisterhood) of the Badoon, the Adaptoid, etc..
    And others who had potential but never were fully developed and should get another chance such as Templar and his Avatars, Pagan (both connected t the Triune Undestanding, but who might alo work as individual threats), The Exemplars (yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of the Busiek run in Avengers), Terminatrix and the Anachronauts, The Rune, the Axi-Tun, the Hangman and his Lethal Legion, Thane Ector and The Brethern, Occulus, etc...
    So, IMHO, it's not a lack of raw material that afflcts the MU, it's lack of vision, of creativity.

Peace

Mighty Member

Who knows what is next.
    The, Civil War 2 was just a marketing campaign for the CW Movie. As much as I’m not a fan of modern Bendis, I have a hard time faulting him for it’s short givings. It’s a bad event, but it was improved with Secret Empire in my opinion.

Last Annihilation wasn’t really an event in the traditional sense. It was really just an Ewing centric story with a couple one-shots. It was also pretty damn good… and no one else read it.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    The, Civil War 2 was just a marketing campaign for the CW Movie. As much as I’m not a fan of modern Bendis, I have a hard time faulting him for it’s short givings. It’s a bad event, but it was improved with Secret Empire in my opinion.
    I don't think that makes the actual writing of that event any less of an issue.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    If anything, I’m kind of hoping this deals with the rift between mutantdom and the rest of the Human Population. I feel since HOXPOX, we’ve seen some kind of small tension brewing, with the X-Men separating themselves from the wider MU. While they’ve been around for major events (KIB, Empyre, Last Annihilation, Devil’s Reign etc), they’ve just been doing their own thing. Hopefully, this event will address that. I’m not hoping for AVX 2 (that was just be meh), but I’m hoping for something with a lot more plot and ideas.
    I think that rift has sadly been there for years already, only it's more pronounced because instead of the usual status quo of X-Men/mutants reaching out to humanity in a spirit of kinship and getting their hand violently slapped away, if not sliced off, every time by humanity as a whole, the mutants' idea of outreach comes with the caveat that, "We're not asking anymore. We're telling you. This is simply how things will be from now on."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The human population has always mistrusted and feared mutants, now that mutants are more prominant than ever before that fear, mistrust and even hatred will only escalate.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 12-14-2021 at 01:25 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    The human population has always mistrusted and feared mutants, now that mutants are more prominant than ever before that fear, mistrust and even hatred will only escalate.
    Pretty much this. They have a nation-state that has global standing in the United Nations and major impact on Earth's geopolitics, plus humanity as a whole by the proverbial stones thanks to the Krakoan medicines designed to cure human ailments both physical and mental and extend human lifespans. As we've already seen throughout the last couple of years or so, that isn't something humankind is necessarily going to take lying down, per the actions of organized groups like Orchis, Xeno, and the Verendi.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

My hunch is that the mutant hay days are going to be ending soon and this event may have that purpose as its goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    My hunch is that the mutant hay days are going to be ending soon and this event may have that purpose as its goal.
    It's possible, though I'm still hoping this doesn't turn into a setup for AvX II.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I would rather not spend another decade hearing how the woes of mutantdom are the fault of everyone else in the Marvel universe as it was with Genosha and M-Day

The X-books can plunge themselves into a nightmare from which there is no awakening themselves this time

oh I hope the characters I like stay far away from this event
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    oh I hope the characters I like stay far away from this event
    Very much the same.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.