Default thanos vs infinity ultron

thanos W the IG (MCU) vs infinity ultron (what if)

Extraordinary Member

While Thanos could withstand the combined energies off all six infinity stones better than most it still took a lot out of him.

Infinity Ultron had no such issues and could use the stones to their full potential.

So yeah, Infinity Ultron wins pretty easily I think.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

By feats, Infinity Ultron is taking this easily.

Thanos used the 6 stones together exactly 3 times:

1. To shoot at Thor and Stormbreaker - that that nearly got him killed as Stormbreaker LOLnoped the stones.
    2. Killing half the living things in the universe - impressive, definitely, but a bit indefinite. It didn't seem to do anything significant to him, but... we don't know how many "things" we are talking about nor how hard it is to tell them all to turn to dust.
    3. Using the stones to destroy the stones - extremely indefinite, and it, in his own words, nearly killed him.

Ultron uses them all the time for all matter of things, including eating a galaxy and all kinds of dimensional shenanigans, and suffers nothing at all from them. Plus he killed a five-stoned-up Thanos with a gesture himself.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    By feats, Infinity Ultron is taking this easily.

Thanos used the 6 stones together exactly 3 times:

1. To shoot at Thor and Stormbreaker - that that nearly got him killed as Stormbreaker LOLnoped the stones.
    2. Killing half the living things in the universe - impressive, definitely, but a bit indefinite. It didn't seem to do anything significant to him, but... we don't know how many "things" we are talking about nor how hard it is to tell them all to turn to dust.
    3. Using the stones to destroy the stones - extremely indefinite, and it, in his own words, nearly killed him.

Ultron uses them all the time for all matter of things, including eating a galaxy and all kinds of dimensional shenanigans, and suffers nothing at all from them. Plus he killed a five-stoned-up Thanos with a gesture himself.
    That was an SMvsFL I'd say.

Thanos with IG never really utilized the full power of the stones cept for wiping half of the universe,and destroying the stones, because thats the only thing he ever wanted to do with it. so sadly he doesnt have much full IG combat feats.

Theoretically he should be able to do what Ultron could do, but on the other hand....having a vibranium body does help with the blowback the stones can give. Ultron being partially born of the mindstone is also better attuned with the stones i guess.

Infinity Ultron combat feats are way more impressive, he fights and beats guys that no sell galaxy busters, Thanos nearly got killed by stormbreaker. stormbreaker probably wouldnt be able to penetrate ultron, and if it did, he would simply mend himself like he showed he can do.

judging by feats, ultron makes short work of him.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    the writer tried to give us a weak excuse saying not all thanos(es?) in the multiverse are created equal, and this Thanos simply wasnt prepared for Ultron as the main mcu thanos would be.
    at any rate, he didnt even bother doing anything aside form just standing there. stones or not, he wasnt using them.

oh and one last thing, the mcu gauntlet itself feels alot weaker than the comic version. in the mcu, you actually have to "close you fist" to use the stones. With ultron it seems the stones were "on" all the time, allowing the stones to turn him into a god basically.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think it's more PIS than SMvsFL. They needed to get Ultron the infinity stones quickly to tell the story they wanted to tell, so they chumped out Thanos to do so. Annoying but I get it.

The series does this a fair amount of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    oh and one last thing, the mcu gauntlet itself feels alot weaker than the comic version. in the mcu, you actually have to "close you fist" to use the stones. With ultron it seems the stones were "on" all the time, allowing the stones to turn him into a god basically.
    The filmmakers needed to nerf it to make it seem like the heroes had a chance, same with Thanos himself.

Would ultron sigma be a better fight?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I think it's more PIS than SMvsFL. They needed to get Ultron the infinity stones quickly to tell the story they wanted to tell, so they chumped out Thanos to do so. Annoying but I get it.
    I thought that it was more a lucky shot than anything else. Ultron-Vision just hit Thanos when he wasn't using the stones to defend himself. We know that just having the stones didn't make him invincible; Thor would have killed him with Stormbreaker if he'd gone for the head, after all.