Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    IM OUT!

BOUGHT every x book (except children of atom) since house of x #1 thousand of dollars spent since and im officially out after inferno 4
    Really!? That surprises me. Mainly because your posts have felt more positive in tone (or maybe it just seems that way because there’s a lot of negativity around here). So what did you in, if I may ask? Just curious.

I know this is off topic but I don't want to start a whole thread about it. Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the new mutants that were created in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Nope but they shouldn't let the opinions and bigotry of their oppressors rule them to oblivion. The world wasn't made for one type of person everyone deserves a chance at happiness. The xmen and mutants are allegorical in nature so I suggest knowing what that means and applying it to my statement, would help you understand it better.
    And also thoroughly read the post before commenting, I say minorities that see themselves in the mutants, whether you relate to them or not is none of my business, but from my statement you are obviously not who I was speaking to.

Well I don't know about Hickman's plans or why he quit, and am not going to speculate based on rumors and spotty interviews. all I know is that krakoa is a refreshing hit as a status quo and would continue to bring in new fans. But if that is not to your taste you can always go read past runs, avengers vs xmen and inhumans vs xmen I hear are highlights pre hickman filled with mutant genocide and all that juicy stuff, sure you would love it.
    Oddly some of your sentiments I agree with, especially when considering mutants as race allegory. There is a certain amount of weariness many black people and I guess many non-white racial groups have always having to contend in a place where things are always imbalanced and biased against them. You think black people don't get sick how government interactions seem to end in negative outcomes...(death abuse) yeah let there be a place like Krakoa for POC, they would have to expand within the first 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I know this is off topic but I don't want to start a whole thread about it. Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the new mutants that were created in 2021?
    I'll go you one better. I'd need a master list of all mutants, all teams, good and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Really!? That surprises me. Mainly because your posts have felt more positive in tone (or maybe it just seems that way because there’s a lot of negativity around here). So what did you in, if I may ask? Just curious.
    honestly i was disappointed hearing the head of x depart.. im not a fan of some of these writers rite now. ive read so many x books this year. and this new direction is making me worry a lot. i might still read them eventually but im not making it priority every week. theres so many x books every month and i feel if i miss one then whats the point of reading them.. these characters have been an important part of my life since the early 90s sometimes youre forced to say goodbye not by choice but maybe in life its time to move forward. so in june i started UXM vol 1 omnibus and im planning to finish in the coming weeks til muir island. it was so enjoyable reading all this and reading all the new x books this year. its been a blessed year with my favorite mutants. im even writing some of my own stories rite now that im enjoying hoping i can share soon here. heres a preview pic

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    honestly i was disappointed hearing the head of x depart.. im not a fan of some of these writers rite now. ive read so many x books this year. and this new direction is making me worry a lot. i might still read them eventually but im not making it priority every week. theres so many x books every month and i feel if i miss one then whats the point of reading them.. these characters have been an important part of my life since the early 90s sometimes youre forced to say goodbye not by choice but maybe in life its time to move forward. so in june i started UXM vol 1 omnibus and im planning to finish in the coming weeks til muir island. it was so enjoyable reading all this and reading all the new x books this year. its been a blessed year with my favorite mutants. im even writing some of my own stories rite now that im enjoying hoping i can share soon here. heres a preview pic

Sad to see you go. I always enjoyed the bits of inside info you posted. You were pretty accurate most of the time.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Same here. And I think Gillen and Ewing are worth sticking around for, so maybe you’ll hear good things about their books and get lured back, MAR420X. Until then, Godspeed.

The X-Men are the only Marvel characters I care about, so I'm definitely in.

I’m in I stopped during Bendis horrible run and couldn’t wait until the Teeny 05 left. I love where this storyline is going tho.

I've been wanting a relaunch since after X of Swords so I was in until I realized most of the same writers are on the same titles.

But saying that Ill probably check out Gillens, Ewing, and Ayala's books.

Ill wait for everyone else first arcs to finish.

And honestly Larraz is really carring Duggan's book IMO.

I'm "in" in the sense that I'll check everything out, but I'm not holding myself to keep up with the whole line anymore.

I'll echo CGAR cause I'm looking forward to Gillen, Ewing, and Ayala's stuff. If the rest blow it out of the park I'll be pleasantly surprised, but expectations aren't terribly high.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm still in.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Krakoa era, and the X-Men are my main interest, so I'm going to continue to follow their stories. For the most past I've enjoyed what I've been reading.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I've been wanting a relaunch since after X of Swords so I was in until I realized most of the same writers are on the same titles.

But saying that Ill probably check out Gillens, Ewing, and Ayala's books.

Ill wait for everyone else first arcs to finish.

And honestly Larraz is really carring Duggan's book IMO.
    Agree with this. I’m excited about Immortal X-men and (assuming it is indeed Ewing’s book) X-men Red. And, while Larraz is really carrying Duggan’s X-men book, I’ll stick with it for now because it’s beautifully illustrated. Outside of those three, I suppose I’ll stick with Wolverine because he’s a favorite of mine and Percy’s work on that title has been solid if nothing amazing. And I’m sure I’ll give the X-Force revamp a shot, especially if they’re adding Deadpool which could be fun. But if Percy’s staying on as writer I really, really hope he steps it up. The Cassara art has been carrying this book as well.

So that’s five books for sure I’ll be getting in the spring. For everything else I’m taking a wait-and-see approach.

Still in . Still better than what we had before.

Partly in. Will continue with X-men, will definitely be reading Immortal X-Men, and will see how Marauders, X-Men Red and X-Force are. Great chance to hard drop everything else.