Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

My picks are Jean, Ororo, and Betsy/Kwannon (both would be featured) series or miniseries. I think it's clear how epic series/miniseries for Ororo and Betsy/Kwannon would be, so I'll share my vision for Jean's series/miniseries.

Jean Grey - This series or miniseries would be faithful to Jean’s origins, opening with her best friend Annie Richardson’s death, which acted as a catalyst for the awakening of her telepathic powers and put her in a catatonic state that lasted three years. It would also cover Xavier's first meetings with and psychological rehabilitation of Jean; the emergence of her telekinetic abilities; and her telepathic discovery of Scott, who, at the time, lived in the orphanage, which would foreshadow the formation of the first genesis of X-Men.

The aforementioned phases of Jean's life would be told in various lengthy and immersive flashbacks, while the main story would focus on Xavier's tutelage of Jean--his first student--and her coming to terms with being a mutant and randomly helping people. Additionally, as mentor and protege, Xavier and Jean would attempt to control and discover the extent of Jean's abilities, which would eventually lead to the events that prompt Xavier to suppress her telepathic abilities, before going off to recruit the remainder of the original five X-Men.

All of the above would unfold during the first season of the series or as a standalone miniseries.

As a Jean fan, I’m obviously gonna say Jean. She’s been one of the foremost female characters in the Marvel Universe for decades yet has gotten very little recognition in terms of “solos” and breaking out on her own. I have no idea how a Jean Grey tv series would even work but it’s something as a fan that would excite me to see.

Characters like Storm, Dazzler, Kwannon/Betsy, Emma and Mystique also have great potential when it comes to Disney+ stand-alone series I feel.
    Last edited by Conor; 12-13-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Magik-Is on the upswing and could be huge as long as they start monopolizing on that now.
    Storm-Has enough Origin story for a trilogy.
    Rogue-It'd be fun to see her inner struggles from bad to good. Plus You'd have to have Destiny and Mystique in the brotherhood in it.

Honorable Mention
    Jubilee-She always has great perspective. I imagine her breaking the 4th wall and talking to us like Deadpool and Harley. She really doesn't have the makings of a solo though. I would think she would always be with a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    All of them? Any of them?

The only two of these I can't see having enough for a solo project are Jean and Jubes. Storm has multiple roles outside of the X-men, Emma Frost has her villain to hero arc, Rogue lives her her terrorist mothers, Dazzler is mutantLadyGaga, Betsy has Captain Britain/magic stuff and Kitty could be a high-school/college thing like Kate Bishop.
    I like you . And I agree on the second part, Jean and Jubilee are the less likely and are too attached to the team to sustain a solo (tho if Marvel Studios wanted, of course they could find a way, but yeah). The rest? anyone can lead a miniseries or even a movie with a talented writer/director.

Ororo
    Mystique
    And Betsy/Kwannon duo have, for me, the most potential story wise. Storm for a movie and the other three for Disney plus maybe.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    I like you . And I agree on the second part, Jean and Jubilee are the less likely and are too attached to the team to sustain a solo (tho if Marvel Studios wanted, of course they could find a way, but yeah). The rest? anyone can lead a miniseries or even a movie with a talented writer/director.
    JeanÂ’s relationship with Xavier precedes the formation of the X-Men. She is recognized as his first student and discovered Scott. This, coupled with the fact that her powers were triggered by a traumatic event that left her catatonic for three years, is prime fodder for, at the very least, a miniseries. And thatÂ’s not taking into account the Phoenix or Dark Phoenix Sagas, which could easily be adapted into series/miniseries, though IÂ’d rather they focus on JeanÂ’s origins.

My point is, if done faithfully and with care, a series centered on Jean could be both compelling and pivotal to the formation of the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

You know what I would love?

An all woman team with Rogue, Kwannon, Dazzler, Magma, Magik, Husk, Dust, Cipher and Surge.

And an all male team with Cyclops, Bishop, Archangel, Sunspot, Cannonball, Chamber, Hellion, Indra and Quill

Then you would have all generations represented, have some cash cows, fan favourites and some stars to finally rise.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Polaris, but MCU would have to ignore most of the comics over the past 53 years to make something that a) is actually accurate to Lorna, and b) is actually something anyone would want to watch.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Get the write actor for Jean or Jubilee and of course either one can lead their own series. Agatha Harkness and Monica Rambeau have their own Disney plus series coming up. If those two can get their own series, we know one day Jean will have her own series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    JeanÂ’s relationship with Xavier precedes the formation of the X-Men. She is recognized as his first student and discovered Scott. This, coupled with the fact that her powers were triggered by a traumatic event that left her catatonic for three years, is prime fodder for, at the very least, a miniseries. And thatÂ’s not taking into account the Phoenix or Dark Phoenix Sagas, which could easily be adapted into series/miniseries, though IÂ’d rather they focus on JeanÂ’s origins.

My point is, if done faithfully and with care, a series centered on Jean could be both compelling and pivotal to the formation of the X-Men.
    Even without the Phoenix she has curbed stomped foes like Nightmare. Plus we know Disney likes cosmic stuff so sure they would explore her being Phoenix!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Even without the Phoenix she has curbed stomped foes like Nightmare. Plus we know Disney likes cosmic stuff so sure they would explore her being Phoenix!
    No. See live action Mulan for the reason why.

Ultimate Member

Storm is the obvious candidate. Rogue, Psylocke (sans body swapping probably) and Shadowcat can work as well. Some of the New Mutants, like Mirage or Wolfsbane. Or a time/timeline travelling series with Rachel Grey as the lead.

These D+ shows kinda end up as ensembles, so perhaps multiple heroines can pop up as supporting characters in one of the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I never even heard of this could have been something special!
    Yep was supposed to be the sequel to X-Men 2 Clone Wars.....it was supposed to be one of the very last Sega Genesis Games before things switched to the then new Sega Saturn