Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default You are transported to the MCU, with a superpower

You are transported into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, at the most recent era (I guess as of the events of Eternals and Hawkeye as of this post, No Way Home is coming out shortly). You have all the knowledge you currently have about the MCU and gain one superpower granted by the mischevious cosmic being that uprooted you from your home dimension and placed you into the MCU. You get to choose the superpower, but your access to your home dimension is forever lost.

1) What superpower (remember, only one) do you choose?

a)You cannot choose powers like "Magic", "Reality Control", or "Quantum Energy Manipulation" or anything that gives you a vast swath of abilities where you are essentially god-like, but something that gives you a significant array of potency (Telekinesis, Gravity Control, or Weather Manipulation) are certainly possible. You can practice and gain more control of your power over time, but start off as a novice.

b) If minor abilites that that typically go along with the main power (Weather Manipulation and minor resistance to heat and cold, or Fire Manipulation and immunity to Fire) those can be assumed to be granted, but they must be minor (not, for example: Flight and Super-Strength)

2) What do you do when you get to the MCU? (Meddle in events, live quietly and surreptitously with your power, try to parley your movie and TV gained knowledge into an advantage?)

For me i think, after spending time on this board, the correct answer is always Super Speed. Whether Quicksilver's enhanced physiology or something like the Flash's physics shattering nonsense, the guy who goes first is the guy who usually wins, or at the very least, runs away to live another day. I would prefer something along the lines of the Speed Force but i would gladly settle for Foxverse Quicksilver and the physiology enhancements that goes with.

As for what i would do? Make sure the Heroes win, and there are as little or no casualties at all times. SpeedBlitz of Justice!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    For me i think, after spending time on this board, the correct answer is always Super Speed. Whether Quicksilver's enhanced physiology or something like the Flash's physics shattering nonsense, the guy who goes first is the guy who usually wins, or at the very least, runs away to live another day. I would prefer something along the lines of the Speed Force but i would gladly settle for Foxverse Quicksilver and the physiology enhancements that goes with.

As for what i would do? Make sure the Heroes win, and there are as little or no casualties at all times. SpeedBlitz of Justice!
    Yeah, Speed Force breaks the limit of this exercise (Flash may as well be a reality breaker), but Quicksilver Foxverse is definitely okay!

Good point on Speed Force shenanigans breaking everything.

The other powers that occur to me is Monica Rambeau's "Turn Into Light Energy" power. Light speed and EM spectrum manipulation would be neat.

The last possible would be some kind of time manipulation, ala The World. But that one needs a bunch of ancillary powers to make worthwhile. Foxverse QS Speed is just simpler and offers some of the same benefits.

Teleportation.

I'd try to live quietly but I'd end up getting involved in events anyway. So superherodom for me .

I'd probably try to get Scarlet Witch as a girlfriend but it's not essential. Move over Tony and Pepper, we'd be the IT couple of the MCU. Lol. .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-13-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Mighty Member

I would go with the Comic book version of Carol Danvers's powerset based on energy absorbtion and turning it into the various benefits she turns it into.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Teleportation.

I'd try to live quietly but I'd end up getting involved in events anyway. So superherodom for me .

I'd probably try to get Scarlet Witch as a girlfriend but it's not essential. Move over Tony and Pepper, we'd be the IT couple of the MCU. Lol. .
    That was my choice too. Wherever there's action, adventure, excitement, and likely death, I'm, immediately as far away as possible, relaxing and watching youtube.
    Power with Girl is better.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    You are transported into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, at the most recent era (I guess as of the events of Eternals and Hawkeye as of this post, No Way Home is coming out shortly). You have all the knowledge you currently have about the MCU and gain one superpower granted by the mischevious cosmic being that uprooted you from your home dimension and placed you into the MCU. You get to choose the superpower, but your access to your home dimension is forever lost.
    Dang it, the MunchKINg has D-hopping for JUST THAT REASON!

I wonder if it gets me kicked out of So Asbena, or just his original Earth-dimension. He hasn't been back to the Mirrorverse in ages...

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    1) What superpower (remember, only one) do you choose?
    Omnipotence to whatever limits the guy will give me. With that I can give myself all the other powers I want.

a)You cannot choose powers like "Magic", "Reality Control", or "Quantum Energy Manipulation" or anything that gives you a vast swath of abilities where you are essentially god-like, but something that gives you a significant array of potency (Telekinesis, Gravity Control, or Weather Manipulation) are certainly possible. You can practice and gain more control of your power over time, but start off as a novice.
    Dang it. Well nothing says it has to be an MCU power, so let's go as wacky as a I can in a single, relatively limited, Marvel power. Comic Book Magneto's "Everything is possible through Magnetism" powers. I can start off with just the throwing objects around and magnetic shields and work my way up to spinning planets or lifting paper or whatever else Comic Magneto could do.

b) If minor abilites that that typically go along with the main power (Weather Manipulation and minor resistance to heat and cold, or Fire Manipulation and immunity to Fire) those can be assumed to be granted, but they must be minor (not, for example: Flight and Super-Strength)
    Oooh, does that include Magneto's "Fly by picking myself up with Magnets" power?

2) What do you do when you get to the MCU? (Meddle in events, live quietly and surreptitously with your power, try to parley your movie and TV gained knowledge into an advantage?)
    Whatever strikes me as fun at the time. Probably stopping crimes, terrorists, that kind of stuff, until Nick Fury tries to recruit me for the Avengers or something. If he can get to me before Ultron, a guy that tears apart metal is really good against and evil robot army.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

I choose... STAR PLATINUM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That was my choice too. Wherever there's action, adventure, excitement, and likely death, I'm, immediately as far away as possible, relaxing and watching youtube.
    A good choice.

For my power, I'm going with 'Universal Gateways', allowing me to travel to completely different universes, with a navigation system so I can find those with which I have familiarity, arriving at a chosen, known point within that universe.*

...then I go home. ^_^

* If this sounds vaguely familiar, well... *choof*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    A good choice.

For my power, I'm going with 'Universal Gateways', allowing me to travel to completely different universes, with a navigation system so I can find those with which I have familiarity, arriving at a chosen, known point within that universe.*

...then I go home. ^_^

I had the same thought but figured it might be against the spirit of the thread.

I also do not wish to live in the MCU. Quite apart from the risks of superpowered terrorism, aliens wiping out half the population and so on, I would find it far to excruciating to be trapped in a cinematic world I have taken steps to not interact with any more.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I had the same thought but figured it might be against the spirit of the thread.
    Totally understood.

For me, these threads are a question to me, asking for my honest choice in this matter. Granted, 'access to home dimension forever lost' MIGHT indicate that 'even with a specific superpower chosen to allow one to return to home dimension, only' would mean we're stuck. Buuuut I'm choosing hope.

...either way, malicious (this isn't a cute trick, this is 'destroy my life') cosmic being's power fails before Khazan Arena's IDGG, so if necessary I just *choof* my way home.

I also do not wish to live in the MCU. Quite apart from the risks of superpowered terrorism, aliens wiping out half the population and so on, I would find it far to excruciating to be trapped in a cinematic world I have taken steps to not interact with any more.
    Ugh, no. The place is a nightmare.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Teleportation. Simple. Help when i can. escape when i need to.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Dang it, the MunchKINg has D-hopping for JUST THAT REASON!

Dang it. Well nothing says it has to be an MCU power, so let's go as wacky as a I can in a single, relatively limited, Marvel power. Comic Book Magneto's "Everything is possible through Magnetism" powers. I can start off with just the throwing objects around and magnetic shields and work my way up to spinning planets or lifting paper or whatever else Comic Magneto could do.

Oooh, does that include Magneto's "Fly by picking myself up with Magnets" power?

Whatever strikes me as fun at the time. Probably stopping crimes, terrorists, that kind of stuff, until Nick Fury tries to recruit me for the Avengers or something. If he can get to me before Ultron, a guy that tears apart metal is really good against and evil robot army.
    Magneto level magnetism (with flight cheese) is totally within the spirit of the thread
    Last edited by Zagreus; 12-14-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    A good choice.

...then I go home. ^_^

Alas, Sharp, the malicious cosmic being has cut you off permanently from your home dimension. You might find a close parrallel in all the infinite multiverse but *home* is gone. Kinda sucks, but, OTOH, you have a superpower (shrugs)

Edit: Saw you caught that in your last post!