Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Fuzzy Mittens...outstanding! That was a truly exceptional mix of scholarship and critical insight, on Steve, from the Golden Age, to the present!
    Thank you very much. ^.^ Its something ive spent a fair amount of time mulling over off and on

Posted this video before, but going to post it again. Not many love interests are so blatantly implied to be terrible like Steve is here.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Many good answers here, but I'll add that Steve was very much a product of Marston's radical philosophy. Once he died, a lot of that Wonder Woman died with him. So did the relationship of Steve and Diana, which actually wasn't that bad when Marston didn't treat Steve like the damsel in distress.

Incredible Member

Posted this video before, but going to post it again. Not many love interests are so blatantly implied to be terrible like Steve is here.
    Eh.Its a comedy show.Its not meant to be taken seriously.

Like,its the the same show that had a entire song making
    digs at the sexual underperformace of other heros while treating like Batman as a god among men.Compaired to that Steve got off easy

Here the song BTW
    Last edited by Baseman; 01-18-2022 at 05:45 PM.

I think one of the chief concerns is that Trevor himself does not get much development outside of being Wonder Woman's date. I don't even think there is one single continuity where they have kids of any kind to speak of. Not that I want that, but at least it would mean he's doing something eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I think one of the chief concerns is that Trevor himself does not get much development outside of being Wonder Woman's date. I don't even think there is one single continuity where they have kids of any kind to speak of. Not that I want that, but at least it would mean he's doing something eventually.
    Fury would like to have a word with you.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I’d wager that if you asked the random person off the street, that most people would associate Steve with Diana as her main love interest. If you asked people more involved with comics, they’d probably pair her up with bats or supes. That can be understood various ways, especially since the GP doesn’t really know too much about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Eh.Its a comedy show.Its not meant to be taken seriously.

Like,its the the same show that had a entire song making
    digs at the sexual underperformace of other heros while treating like Batman as a god among men.Compaired to that Steve got off easy

Here the song BTW
    It's just my opinion that the writers of the Steve Trevor scene probably thought the character sucked and wrote him thusly. Of course, I could be wrong.

I did like that song, even though I didn't always appreciate how the show made Batman way better than most other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

Nah, I think Steve came off pretty well in that clip. The way he trusts Wonder Woman clearly comes through, and he has some nice self-conscious one-liners too. And Batman's clearly jealous.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Nah, I think Steve came off pretty well in that clip. The way he trusts Wonder Woman clearly comes through, and he has some nice self-conscious one-liners too. And Batman's clearly jealous.
    I think of Batman as the voice of reason on that show, so if he has contempt toward someone, then that person is no good.

But again, I could be interpreting it all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I’d wager that if you asked the random person off the street, that most people would associate Steve with Diana as her main love interest. If you asked people more involved with comics, they’d probably pair her up with bats or supes. That can be understood various ways, especially since the GP doesn’t really know too much about him.
    I think that depends on what you grew up watching and what you enjoyed the most.

If you're a fan of the WW live action movies then you'll certainly favor Diana with Steve. If you prefer JLU then you probably ship her with Bats, meanwhile Injustice and Nu52 fans like to pair her up with Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think of Batman as the voice of reason on that show, so if he has contempt toward someone, then that person is no good.

But again, I could be interpreting it all wrong.
    We are not meant to agree with him all the time. And even if Batman is usually shown as right, Steve is never shown in a bad light on the show.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Earth-2. (10char)

The Generation series of minis also had Stephanie Trevor.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Earth-2. (10char)

I don't read the comics so I don't know about that but in the movies he is respected and overused. I think that's because he's supposed to be that guy that guy watchers can relate to.