Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

If any show deserved to be canceled, it's Gotham Knights. The only good thing in it is Misha Collins as Harvey Dent. Everything else is terrible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If any show deserved to be canceled, it's Gotham Knights. The only good thing in it is Misha Collins as Harvey Dent. Everything else is terrible.
    I'm not even sure why they green lit the show in the first place.

I mean doing another Batman is dead or has left Gotham and some one else hs to take over show, is not really that creative at this point. Especially if you can't even use any of the big characters.

And DC has more than enough C and D list properties you could use for a tv show, that are more interesting.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sucks for the cast and crew. I was never into this show and I'm not sure how it will be remembered, but it's always rough having things end after a single season.
    Probably like the Birds of Prey show, an amusing bit of trivia for fans but forgotten by everyone else. At least that show had Dina Meyer's great Barbara Gordon.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Haven't watched the show...probably never will. Sucks for the cast and crew, as you said. And for any fans of this show.

I can't but help feel though that the time and money the CW invested in this show could have gone to giving Batwoman a fourth and final season - one which could have featured not just the return of Wallis Day's Kate Kane, but potentially Warren Christie's Bruce Wayne as well. Hell, even leaving aside Kate and Bruce, I think Javicia Leslie's Ryan Wilder deserved another season.
    At least Batwoman's final season ended on a good note and resolved 98% of everything (aside from where Bruce went). And it didn't end on, like, the whole cast being arrested and presumed locked up like Legends did.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Probably like the Birds of Prey show, an amusing bit of trivia for fans but forgotten by everyone else. At least that show had Dina Meyer's great Barbara Gordon.
    Birds of Prey was way better than this and no one remembers it so it's more than over for Gotham Knights.
    "Cable was right!"

Bluebird

At least Batwoman's final season ended on a good note and resolved 98% of everything (aside from where Bruce went). And it didn't end on, like, the whole cast being arrested and presumed locked up like Legends did.
    My guess is that this show will end woth everyone in costume at the very end as a tease for what could’ve been.

Mighty Member

Lol. No one is suiting up in this series at all

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Lol. No one is suiting up in this series at all
    Yeah, I think the most we get is Misha Collins as Two-Face.

Remember, they were cancelled, they didn't end on their own terms. The ending will be a cliffhanger setting up a non-existent season 2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Remember, they were cancelled, they didn't end on their own terms. The ending will be a cliffhanger setting up a non-existent season 2.
    I know people say there won’t be any costumes, but I still think the tease for this non-season 2 will be the heroes getting costumes, with the hopes that a second season would mean a bigger budget and more polished outfits.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    My guess is that this show will end woth everyone in costume at the very end as a tease for what could’ve been.
    They won’t. They won’t change any original ending because of the writers strike.

Mighty Member

There was that tease with the skeleton monster that killed the reporters. I don't think they ever revealed who that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I know people say there won’t be any costumes, but I still think the tease for this non-season 2 will be the heroes getting costumes, with the hopes that a second season would mean a bigger budget and more polished outfits.
    The irony being that the only reason the network even considered not cancelling the show immediately was because it's the cheapest CW show.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    There was that tease with the skeleton monster that killed the reporters. I don't think they ever revealed who that was.
    True, though as far as "And the adventure continues endings go" it wasn't the worst.

I get everyone hated this show because no Batman, no big name villains, and no suits - but honestly it was a good show, far better than it had any right being. Watched it with my mom and we enjoyed it. Hate it's over. Hope the cast finds work again and soon. Especially for the actors who played Cullen and Robin. Cullen for being the best actor of the young cast and Robin for being 2nd best imo, plus not gonna lie I just think she's cute alright.

Misha Collins as Harvey Dent on this show is now my favorite Two Face outside the comics - and I'm talking for both live action and animation here, spectacularly done and I hate we only got to see him scarred face and deciding life and death with a coin toss at the end. If I had the money for it I'd hire him for a fan film myself just to get a short or something of his Two Face vs Batman. I get that we're never getting a Batman series proper because film embargoes, and I get as good of an actor he is he's not a big enough name for the films, but they got the perfect Harvey here and hate that's gonna go to waste.

After watching the final episode, I think the show was okay for the most part. I wasn't bothered by the lack of costumes. More bothered by how the Court of Owls are supposed to be like assassin level and the main cast is able to take them on for the most part. That might be from me first seeing them in their DCAMU film first.

I wonder if that Henri Dunard would have led to the League of Assassins if the series would have continued. It felt like it from the way he said he trained Bruce and Turner's Parents.
    Last edited by Pattern_Maker; 06-28-2023 at 12:58 PM. Reason: grammar mistake