Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder if Jensen Ackles will be cast in this? There were rumors he was going to be part of a major Berlanti production and given his already existent ties to the Batverse I could see him getting cast as Dick.
    For what role?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    For what role?
    Er, may want to read the bottom part where he gets cast as Dick...

That said, Jensen has been a big fan of Jason's since voicing the animated film (if not longer), and has pushed to be him before in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Er, may want to read the bottom part where he gets cast as Dick...

That said, Jensen has been a big fan of Jason's since voicing the animated film (if not longer), and has pushed to be him before in live action.
    My bad was on my phone didn't see that. I don't I like him as Jason too. Could he pull off Dick? If that is true Dick is going to be in this

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder if Jensen Ackles will be cast in this? There were rumors he was going to be part of a major Berlanti production and given his already existent ties to the Batverse I could see him getting cast as Dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My bad was on my phone didn't see that. I don't I like him as Jason too. Could he pull off Dick? If that is true Dick is going to be in this
    So he goes from Jason, to Bruce, to playing Dick? I know the Robins switch VA's often but still .

Unless this is him reprising Jason in live-action, which...could work? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So he goes from Jason, to Bruce, to playing Dick? I know the Robins switch VA's often but still .

Unless this is him reprising Jason in live-action, which...could work? Maybe?
    Well, he played Dean Winchester for 15 years, whom isn't too different character wise from Jason.

Weird to say, but even the dying, coming back to life, and digging himself out of his own grave happened.

I had very little interest in this. Now I have none.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I had very little interest in this. Now I have none.
    I’m mostly with you.

Is it really that hard to look at the Bat Family, check out the half-dozen or so still highly successful B-roster members, and reject all of them for an OC, a character concept that’s never gotten that far (Joker’s Daughter), and an Elsworlds character (Carrie) alongside a new character who also struggled to catch on (Harper)?

Like, Signal, Spoiler, and Orphan all have about as much name recognition for mainstream noobs they'd tried to sell these characters to… but all have more successful material to lean on for inspiration. And if I was CW, I would grab one of the Robins or even Damian, and probably have no pushback.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’m mostly with you.

Is it really that hard to look at the Bat Family, check out the half-dozen or so still highly successful B-roster members, and reject all of them for an OC, a character concept that’s never gotten that far (Joker’s Daughter), and an Elsworlds character (Carrie) alongside a new character who also struggled to catch on (Harper)?

Like, Signal, Spoiler, and Orphan all have about as much name recognition for mainstream noobs they'd tried to sell these characters to… but all have more successful material to lean on for inspiration. And if I was CW, I would grab one of the Robins or even Damian, and probably have no pushback.
    I don't know a lot about Harper, but think she could work fine as a lead or co-lead probably. To me she's not "main" Batfamily, but like Batwoman close enough to be a respectable choice. But for an ensemble, yeah, maybe "Joker's Daughter" could work for a hook if she is actually Joker's Daughter, and Carrie could be the obligatory kid character we see sometimes but largely is written out of episodes cause kid, but beyond that? Yeah, Signal, Spoiler, Orphan (hate the name) all would have done a lot to give this some credibility with the fans. But a freaking OC? Fuck, why even make this a Gotham-set series if the Gotham characters don't interest you to use in the first place?

...and they'll probably force this OC into the books too.

my bet is there's some technical or contractual reason why they can't use the regular bat fam.

The CW already has Dick, Jason, Barbara, Steph, Luke, Tim and batwoman [not currently Kate].

Cass, Duke and Damian have major animated projects in the works. Perhaps they couldn't use any of the characters already in use in a significant way so they had to widen the net.

That's the way I'm choosing to look at it.

I like Carrie but the rest of the announced cast of canon characters, I'm not keen on.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    my bet is there's some technical or contractual reason why they can't use the regular bat fam.

The CW already has Dick, Jason, Barbara, Steph, Luke, Tim and batwoman [not currently Kate].
    Technically they're not part of the CW, even if Titans is trash CW quality. And I'd argue Steph for all of the 2/3 episodes she might've appeared in Batwoman should be fair game.

Cass, Duke and Damian have major animated projects in the works. Perhaps they couldn't use any of the characters already in use in a significant way so they had to widen the net.
    Not sure if "Batwheels" or "Merry Little Batman" are considered major animated projects for Duke and Damian respectively, and even so shouldn't be counted against their live action potential.
    Is Batwheels Cass' animated appearance? Trying to remember who the Batgirl is supposed to be for that. Looked kind of like Babs, maybe Steph, but that's largely just from what I remember of the costume.

This feels so CW it hurts.

"Turner Hayes?" Really? Sounds so generic even for an OC Bat-kid. And, like, he's not Robin so what's his gimmick other than being a good looking white kid? He sounds like Ryan Wilder without the diversity angle.

Nobody cares about Joker's Daughter but I guess she's a good guy now. Actually, being born in Arkham reminds me of Astrid Arkham/Arkham Knight.

It's kind of funny that we have an actual Robin in it and it's Carrie Kelley of all people. So like we've got Batman's adopted son in a show with his actual partner. Also, of course, a redheaded character gets race-bended black. Is that becoming like a go-to thing for Berlanti's productions?
    Not sure if "Batwheels" or "Merry Little Batman" are considered major animated projects for Duke and Damian respectively, and even so shouldn't be counted against their live action potential.
    Is Batwheels Cass' animated appearance? Trying to remember who the Batgirl is supposed to be for that. Looked kind of like Babs, maybe Steph, but that's largely just from what I remember of the costume.
    Young Justice was Cass' first official animated appearance.

Astonishing Member

The Batgirl in Batwheels is Cassandra. She seems to be chosen for diversity, since tech genius doesn't really fit Cassandra.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Young Justice was Cass' first official animated appearance.
    I know that, but by context when he said "in the works" I kind of assumed it wasn't the ongoing show.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The Batgirl in Batwheels is Cassandra. She seems to be chosen for diversity, since tech genius doesn't really fit Cassandra.
    Yeah. To be fair, a for pre-school show teaching kids educational and life lessons, and featuring talking cars, isn't where I'm going to get upset over characters being out of character. But does go to why it was easy to forget she was the pick for Batgirl in this show. Just really the little blurb and costume screamed Babs.