Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The Batgirl in Batwheels is Cassandra. She seems to be chosen for diversity, since tech genius doesn't really fit Cassandra.
    Purple costume + Tech Genius = It seems like they went with "Classic Batgirl" but made it Cass for diversity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah. To be fair, a for pre-school show teaching kids educational and life lessons, and featuring talking cars, isn't where I'm going to get upset over characters being out of character. But does go to why it was easy to forget she was the pick for Batgirl in this show. Just really the little blurb and costume screamed Babs.
    Well, it doesn't help making the characters feel so interchangeable when they shouldn't be.

Bluebird

I don't know a lot about Harper, but think she could work fine as a lead or co-lead probably. To me she's not "main" Batfamily, but like Batwoman close enough to be a respectable choice. But for an ensemble, yeah, maybe "Joker's Daughter" could work for a hook if she is actually Joker's Daughter, and Carrie could be the obligatory kid character we see sometimes but largely is written out of episodes cause kid, but beyond that? Yeah, Signal, Spoiler, Orphan (hate the name) all would have done a lot to give this some credibility with the fans. But a freaking OC? Fuck, why even make this a Gotham-set series if the Gotham characters don't interest you to use in the first place?

...and they'll probably force this OC into the books too.
    TBF, Ryan Wilder (current CW Batwoman) hasn’t really been used all that much in the comics aside from a single appearance, so DC doesn’t really do the synergy stuff as much as Marvel does.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Purple costume + Tech Genius = It seems like they went with "Classic Batgirl" but made it Cass for diversity.

Well, it doesn't help making the characters feel so interchangeable when they shouldn't be.
    Again, for pre-schoolers who will never recall these characterizations when they get older. I used to watch Barney as a toddler to pre-k, don't remember seeing it, but my mom assures me I did.

Again, for pre-schoolers who will never recall these characterizations when they get older. I used to watch Barney as a toddler to pre-k, don't remember seeing it, but my mom assures me I did.
    Yeah, but in a general sense it just doesn't feel necessary.

Yeah, but in a general sense it just doesn't feel necessary.
    It isn't. But "necessary" isn't the point. They want "classic" Batgirl but also "diversity". So giving Babs' traits to Cass works for that, in their view. And the fans? We're not preschoolers. And the preschoolers? Won't really recall this when they're older. So they feel free to do it.

It isn't. But "necessary" isn't the point. They want "classic" Batgirl but also "diversity". So giving Babs' traits to Cass works for that, in their view. And the fans? We're not preschoolers. And the preschoolers? Won't really recall this when they're older. So they feel free to do it.
    It just feels like a disservice to the characters even in the context of a preschool cartoon.

It just feels like a disservice to the characters even in the context of a preschool cartoon.
    I think that's the problem - you feel the word "character" has anything to do with "preschool cartoon." Anything more complex than "A is the letter of the day" isn't going to translate to this audience.

Incredible Member

Olivia Rose Keegan as Duela Dent?? I am totally in now! She plays a crazy person so well! And so attractive!!

So, another CW OC.

Its like they DON'T want DC fans to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Olivia Rose Keegan as Duela Dent?? I am totally in now! She plays a crazy person so well! And so attractive!!
    Will she be the new Alice?

What do you guys think about them picking Carrie ? It's a interesting choice since she doesn't appear much in media

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you guys think about them picking Carrie ? It's a interesting choice since she doesn't appear much in media
    I'm surprised they're using her as Robin and not the OC kid. Like, what's the point of him anyways?

Extraordinary Member

This is a hard no. Between the creative team and the cast you'd have to pay me to watch any of this.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This just seems so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    This is a hard no. Between the creative team and the cast you'd have to pay me to watch any of this.
    Yeah...kinda feeling the same way. So sick of Batman tv shows with yet another stupid fanfic reason for Batman to not be there.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm telling yall that the CW needs to go stat. They might have had a place in the early 2010s but now they're an embarrassment especially when you look at the budgets Disney+ shows are working with