Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm telling yall that the CW needs to go stat. They might have had a place in the early 2010s but now they're an embarrassment especially when you look at the budgets Disney+ shows are working with
    I don't think we need movie-level budgets especially for ongoing TV shows that aren't meant to be, basically, mini-series like the Disney+ shows but there's a point where it seems like they're trying spin too much out of this franchise that they're missing the point.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

At this point, it feels like this was an entirely different concept that got slapped with the Batman brand just to sell. And they couldn't even do that right.

Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    At this point, it feels like this was an entirely different concept that got slapped with the Batman brand just to sell. And they couldn't even do that right.

Hard pass.
    Maybe the costumes will be good...but I won't hedge my bets.

Why the race-swamping if they wanted a black robin they have duke since it seems Dc making him Robin. Cw tries to be diverse and edgy but everything is cringe. I wish Carrie would have been more accurate this was her first live action. At least try
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-10-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm telling yall that the CW needs to go stat. They might have had a place in the early 2010s but now they're an embarrassment especially when you look at the budgets Disney+ shows are working with
    Once the flash ends it will all fall apart. Superman and Loisnis more or less it’s own thing.
    I feel as if Naomi and Batwoman would only be renewed at this point out of obligation and not to appear racist

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe the costumes will be good...but I won't hedge my bets.
    Bluebird’s should be the easiest to translate to live-action.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Bluebird’s should be the easiest to translate to live-action.
    And they could probably just do a decent Robin costume.

Ultimate Member

Hard pass.

I would suspect this series is a revamped pitch from another project.

Like how depending on WHO you talk to Babylon 5 is really Star Trek DS9 without Jake Sisko.

Of the recent Wasp comic was really the Bumblee pitch that DC passed on.

Wouldn't be shocked if we learn this series was a former New Warriors pitch since we almost had a show with them and before that Night Thrasher almost got on.

I feel as if Naomi and Batwoman would only be renewed at this point out of obligation and not to appear racist
    Batwoman is sniffing Syndication package numbers-so a 4th (and final season) for that would no be out of the question.

Naomi? Considering who is behind that show-it getting axed would probably have it land another network like OWN or BET.

They already earned low looks for what they did to the last 4 black shows (along with Veronica Mars and WWE Smacklown) they had. Had to pander to young girls they claimed.
    Every show they tried to replace them with never made it past 13 episodes until Arrowverse shows arrived.
    4 straight years of failures. While one of the shows they axed had record ratings on another network.

At this point, it feels like this was an entirely different concept that got slapped with the Batman brand just to sell.
    It was not. It's been in development since about 2019.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why the race-swamping if they wanted a black robin they have duke since it seems Dc making him Robin. Cw tries to be diverse and edgy but everything is cringe. I wish Carrie would have been more accurate this was her first live action. At least try
    They aimed for diversity and ended up reinforcing negative racist stereotypes.

They made Tim a street smart mixed race Asian/African American kid of a working class parents who run a takeaway.
    That's a double whammy of stereotypes smooched into one character.

I guess POC Robin can't come from a family so wealthy they own a home in the same neighbourhood as Wayne Manor so they down graded the Drakes finances and swapped private boarding school for the street. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you guys think about them picking Carrie ? It's a interesting choice since she doesn't appear much in media
    I like Carrie so I'm happy she's getting spotlighted. The character definitely needs more mainstream focus.

Her inclusion is the only thing I like about this series so far.

is Duke Thomas going to be part of this? He should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is Duke Thomas going to be part of this? He should be.
    He would definitely fit.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think the broad idea of “B, C and D list Batfamily members having a show” should, ideally, be a great way to raise the profile of characters like Duke and to strengthen the brand with other characters who’ve proven themselves in comics and are likely untapped sources of great potential. It’s just that this particular string of D listers and an OC feels like it’s a needlessly consulted example of whiffing on a strong-ish concept, if the A-list family members are off limits (since, leeks be honest, that’s still likely a stringer immediate premise.)

Like… here’s a brief idea of how I think you could do it without the A-listers:

“When Bruce Wayne is apparently murdered, his adopted daughter Cassandra Cain is blamed for it, as the media airs out the dirty laundry of her assassin parents. Cassandra, reluctant to unleash her skills on officers of the law, is rescued from custody by her best friend, Stephanie Brown, alongside the meta-human Duke Thomas and tech genius Harper Rowe, under the direction of Michael Lane, a former hero and villain who Bruce helped overcome his inner demons a long time ago. Now, this team must uncover who murdered Bruce Wayne…”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, I think the broad idea of “B, C and D list Batfamily members having a show” should, ideally, be a great way to raise the profile of characters like Duke and to strengthen the brand with other characters who’ve proven themselves in comics and are likely untapped sources of great potential. It’s just that this particular string of D listers and an OC feels like it’s a needlessly consulted example of whiffing on a strong-ish concept, if the A-list family members are off limits (since, leeks be honest, that’s still likely a stringer immediate premise.)

Like… here’s a brief idea of how I think you could do it without the A-listers:

“When Bruce Wayne is apparently murdered, his adopted daughter Cassandra Cain is blamed for it, as the media airs out the dirty laundry of her assassin parents. Cassandra, reluctant to unleash her skills on officers of the law, is rescued from custody by her best friend, Stephanie Brown, alongside the meta-human Duke Thomas and tech genius Harper Rowe, under the direction of Michael Lane, a former hero and villain who Bruce helped overcome his inner demons a long time ago. Now, this team must uncover who murdered Bruce Wayne…”
    Why can't you pitch the show instead?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord