Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default “Gotham Knights” Series in Development at The CW

The CW will further build on its DC comics-inspired programming slate with Gotham Knights, a drama in the works from Batwoman alums Natalie Abrams, Chad Fiveash & James Stoteraux.

Written by Abrams, Fiveash & Stoteraux, Gothom Knights is based on Gotham Knights characters from the DC comics created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the Gotham Knights.

Fiveash and Stoteraux with serve as executive producers alongside Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and David Madden. Abrams co-executive produces. Gotham Knights will be produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Fiveash and Stoteraux have served as executive producers/writers on The Vampire Diaries and Batwoman, as well as co-executive producers/writers on Gotham. They are repped by Verve.
    Abrams is a former entertainment journalist-turned-TV-writer, whose credits include Batwoman, Supergirl and All American.
    https://deadline.com/2021/12/gotham-...ux-1234890384/

Lmao the Batwoman writers are doing this? Oh boy this is going to be bad. Which son will they go with I wonder? Dick, Jason, and Tim are all being used in Titans so will they make an OC?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

ON CW no thanks

I thought this was gonna be a Batfamily show until I read the actual description.

I think I'll skip this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I thought this was gonna be a Batfamily show until I read the actual description.

I think I'll skip this.
    I thought it be based off the game

The CW is a menace to society and it must be stopped. The death of network television can't happen soon enough. Praying HBO Max can put a dagger in it within the next decade

lol, I thought CW was doing a spinoff of a game that hasn't even been released yet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The CW is a menace to society and it must be stopped. The death of network television can't happen soon enough. Praying HBO Max can put a dagger in it within the next decade
    Not going to happen. Not with Marvel having ABC network and parts of Fox.

You need a channel that is on broadcast (Free) tv for your shows. As BAD as the CW is (and it is)-it has given more exposure to Black Lightning, Atom and so many other characters than the comics and HBO Max.

The CW's issue is who is in CHARGE. How many shows are from the house of Berlanti Productions?

is Duke Thomas going to be part of this? He should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is Duke Thomas going to be part of this? He should be.
    He would definitely fit.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think the broad idea of “B, C and D list Batfamily members having a show” should, ideally, be a great way to raise the profile of characters like Duke and to strengthen the brand with other characters who’ve proven themselves in comics and are likely untapped sources of great potential. It’s just that this particular string of D listers and an OC feels like it’s a needlessly consulted example of whiffing on a strong-ish concept, if the A-list family members are off limits (since, leeks be honest, that’s still likely a stringer immediate premise.)

Like… here’s a brief idea of how I think you could do it without the A-listers:

“When Bruce Wayne is apparently murdered, his adopted daughter Cassandra Cain is blamed for it, as the media airs out the dirty laundry of her assassin parents. Cassandra, reluctant to unleash her skills on officers of the law, is rescued from custody by her best friend, Stephanie Brown, alongside the meta-human Duke Thomas and tech genius Harper Rowe, under the direction of Michael Lane, a former hero and villain who Bruce helped overcome his inner demons a long time ago. Now, this team must uncover who murdered Bruce Wayne…”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, I think the broad idea of “B, C and D list Batfamily members having a show” should, ideally, be a great way to raise the profile of characters like Duke and to strengthen the brand with other characters who’ve proven themselves in comics and are likely untapped sources of great potential. It’s just that this particular string of D listers and an OC feels like it’s a needlessly consulted example of whiffing on a strong-ish concept, if the A-list family members are off limits (since, leeks be honest, that’s still likely a stringer immediate premise.)

“When Bruce Wayne is apparently murdered, his adopted daughter Cassandra Cain is blamed for it, as the media airs out the dirty laundry of her assassin parents. Cassandra, reluctant to unleash her skills on officers of the law, is rescued from custody by her best friend, Stephanie Brown, alongside the meta-human Duke Thomas and tech genius Harper Rowe, under the direction of Michael Lane, a former hero and villain who Bruce helped overcome his inner demons a long time ago. Now, this team must uncover who murdered Bruce Wayne…”
    Why can't you pitch the show instead?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

Now see here, don't show up CW by making a far more interesting premise than what they've come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The Batgirl in Batwheels is Cassandra. She seems to be chosen for diversity, since tech genius doesn't really fit Cassandra.
    Yeah, both Babs and Steph better fit that description than Cass. But Cass's normal depiction wouldn't be suitable for a preschool show, and yes, the other two are both white, so you're probably right about it being a composite character - Cass's name and ethnicity with Barbara's personality and skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    TBF, Ryan Wilder (current CW Batwoman) hasn’t really been used all that much in the comics aside from a single appearance, so DC doesn’t really do the synergy stuff as much as Marvel does.
    She's appeared twice I think. And she isn't Batwoman in the comics. First appeared in Batgirl #50, which was the final issue of that run!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they're using her as Robin and not the OC kid. Like, what's the point of him anyways?
    I assume this character is a composite, and they gave him an original name because of Titans using Dick, Jason and Tim. As for why he isn't Robin... I assume he's going to wear the Bat suit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Why do Hollywood writers/producers feel the need to invent their own characters and concepts set in the DCU? Either fully embrace the DCU -- or avoid it altogether. I still have no idea how Legends of the DCU lasted several seasons when it had no legends whatsoever.