Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

‘Gotham Knights’: Rahart Adams Joins The CW’s DC Pilot

https://deadline.com/2022/04/gotham-...ot-1234992543/

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    ‘Gotham Knights’: Rahart Adams Joins The CW’s DC Pilot

https://deadline.com/2022/04/gotham-...ot-1234992543/
    Wait, Brody...like, Knute Brody the world's worst Henchman ?

Bluebird

Really wonder who they’ll cast as Harper’s dad, and if they’ll change up his origins to fit the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Really wonder who they’ll cast as Harper’s dad, and if they’ll change up his origins to fit the show.
    By making him a full on Supervillain, you mean?

Incredible Member

Gotham Knights Ordered at The CW

The CW has ordered the “Supernatural” prequel “The Winchesters,” the “Walker” prequel “Walker: Independence,” and “Gotham Knights” to series.

In “Gotham Knights,” In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son (Oscar Morgan) forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the Gotham Knights.

In addition to Morgan and Collins, the cast includes Fallon Smythe, Tyler DiChiara, Olivia Rose Keegan, Navia Robinson, Anna Lore, and Rahart Adams. Chad Fiveash, James Stoteraux, and Natalie Abrams co-wrote the series. Fiveash and Stoteraux executive produce with Abrams co-executive producing. Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and David Madden executive produce via Berlanti Productions. Warner Bros. Television is the studio. The show is based on characters created for DC by Bob Kane with Bill Finger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Yikes they are betting too much on this

Extraordinary Member

Weirdly, I still feel the biggest actual red flag is the OC adopted son; I think everyone else is a fine character choice for the premise, but given how many younger dudes should still be available for the CW to use even with Titans, it just makes me think someone got lazy.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Well, I hope this turns out okay.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Weirdly, I still feel the biggest actual red flag is the OC adopted son; I think everyone else is a fine character choice for the premise, but given how many younger dudes should still be available for the CW to use even with Titans, it just makes me think someone got lazy.
    Same. There's literally almost a dozen characters to pick and choose from. But making generic OC? Hell, if they had gone with Damian, things would have been far more interesting with character interactions. A slight retcon of Terry or even Tim would have worked. But, yeah. If not for Bland McBlanderson being the OC MC, I would've checked this out.

The Supernatural prequel... That's another can of worms. I liked the main series, but considering we know what happened to the MCs of this series... Yeah.

Astonishing Member

I assume they're not allowed to use any of Robins, that's why they made this OC. Dick is main character of Titans and he's probably making his debut in DCEU in Batgirl. Tim and Jason are also part of Titans. And it doesn't seem like DC/WB/Discovery are willing to waste Damian live-action debut for CW.

Bluebird

All I care about is if they do Bluebird right.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I assume they're not allowed to use any of Robins, that's why they made this OC. Dick is main character of Titans and he's probably making his debut in DCEU in Batgirl. Tim and Jason are also part of Titans. And it doesn't seem like DC/WB/Discovery are willing to waste Damian live-action debut for CW.
    The male Robins anyway. They are using both Stephanie Brown and Carrie Kelley.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I can understand that... but then I think someone like Jean-Paul Valley could be swapped in and aged down.

Imagine if the plot point about this inevitably-involved-in-a-love-triangle male lead had to deal with The System, and the reason he was adopted by Bruce was to make sure Azrael didn't ruin his life.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Surely Cass or Duke should be free to use if their using Carrie of all people