Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

How many shows can one do set in Gotham with Batman missing/dead and likely next to no classic Batfam characters showing up? Why not just develop a Batman Beyond show with old man Bruce who cant suit up?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How many shows can one do set in Gotham with Batman missing/dead and likely next to no classic Batfam characters showing up? Why not just develop a Batman Beyond show with old man Bruce who cant suit up?
    I think they can't use a character named Batman in the shows cause Warner is weird, that's why Titans only has Bruce Wayne.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think they can't use a character named Batman in the shows cause Warner is weird, that's why Titans only has Bruce Wayne.
    They say Batman all the time
    Batman was in season 1,

But no I might have to stop supporting all cw shows this is tragic

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I remember someone being up that live action Batman on TV might be iffy due to the complex rights situation because of the Adam West show.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I remember someone being up that live action Batman on TV might be iffy due to the complex rights situation because of the Adam West show.
    I think there's some weird thing with Fox having some of the TV rights to Batman.

So Bruce Wayne, his name, the Bat-name, are up for grabs but Bruce Wayne actually in a Batsuit? Not happening.

WB wants to protect Batmans image and dont want to water him down so they dont allow others to really use him in tv shows...which is ridiculous with how many shows they create in his universe and base off of his legacy. They think it is better if he disappears or dies then if they actually gave him an actual show. Just like how they wouldnt let Gotham use Joker or Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there's some weird thing with Fox having some of the TV rights to Batman.

So Bruce Wayne, his name, the Bat-name, are up for grabs but Bruce Wayne actually in a Batsuit? Not happening.
    They had some of the rights to the villains but that is long gone. They have nothing with DC anymore.

Batman has appeared very briefly in Birds of Prey pilot and in Titans so it definitely isnt anything outside of WB just being WB.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-13-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Marvel only put out two shows on the ABC networks (Agents of Shield and Cloak & Dagger). The rest of their TV slate has been on streaming. Everything they had in the works on ABC, Freeform and FX had been cancelled.
    They also did Agent Carter and Inhumans on ABC.

Yeah. We've had Bruce Wayne on Gotham; Bruce Wayne's parents/butler in Pennyworth; we've had Bruce Wayne in Gotham, but no Batman appearance outside of a silhouette; Tommy Elliot as Bruce Wayne in Batwoman; and Kevin Conroy in a mech suit in Crisis, though I think he was only referred to as Bruce there as well.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the GCPD and Penguin shows, and if they have Pattinson guest star/cameo, or if they keep Batman off-screen in those too.
    Last edited by Zorkel567; 12-13-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how they handle the GCPD and Penguin shows, and if they have Pattinson guest star/cameo, or if they keep Batman off-screen in those too.
    Penguin is a prequel that is pre-batman. I doubt Robert will want to show up in either.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not going to happen. Not with Marvel having ABC network and parts of Fox.

You need a channel that is on broadcast (Free) tv for your shows. As BAD as the CW is (and it is)-it has given more exposure to Black Lightning, Atom and so many other characters than the comics and HBO Max.

The CW's issue is who is in CHARGE. How many shows are from the house of Berlanti Productions?
    Good point. That and I wish they had more budget. I haven't watched Superman and Lois but I seen a few clips and it looks like they have way more money than other shows due to HBO Max I think. Either way, Berlanti is doing too much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This isn't a Batfamily how. It's DC's Descendants with Bat-Villain Kids as protagonists.
    I think you are mistaken
    Regardless of what the premise is this show is going to be marketed heavily on the basis of the batman brand connection
    Same way Batwoman is pretty much the entry level low tier of batman content this will likely be just as bad and introduce batman family characters to drum up interest in the show

This is why WB/DC should be putting out their content on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I think you are mistaken
    Regardless of what the premise is this show is going to be marketed heavily on the basis of the batman brand connection
    Same way Batwoman is pretty much the entry level low tier of batman content this will likely be just as bad and introduce batman family characters to drum up interest in the show

This is why WB/DC should be putting out their content on HBO Max
    WB owns half of CW. It's around to be a promotional vehicle for them. They could put quality shows on there if they wanted but refuse to.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Who approves this stuff?

Does CW care about its ratings or reviews? Letting these Batwoman writers do another show is the equivalent of giving a drunk driver the keys right after destroying the previous car.

Its just another crash waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Who approves this stuff?

Does CW care about its ratings or reviews? Letting these Batwoman writers do another show is the equivalent of giving a drunk driver the keys right after destroying the previous car.

Its just another crash waiting to happen
    Just to be clear...

You're saying that the CW making another show in the same IP corner as Batwoman, with the same producers and some of the same writers...

...is a sign that the first show failed?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Just to be clear...

You're saying that the CW making another show in the same IP corner as Batwoman, with the same producers and some of the same writers...

...is a sign that the first show failed?
    Audience Members that bothered to rate it:

654 Rated Season 2: 19%: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/batwoman/s02

Only 15 Rated Season 3: 33% https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/batwoman/s03

Not many people really watch it:

Batwoman Season 2 Ratings Hit An All-Time Low Yet Again

Hell, even the last main star said it was toxic:

Ruby Rose slams The CW's 'Batwoman' and says she endured a toxic workplace environment where she was forced to return '10 days' after a severe injury

...how is this show not a failure?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 12-13-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

Not many people really watch it:

Batwoman Season 2 Ratings Hit An All-Time Low Yet Again

...how is this show not a failure?
    This argument could pretty much be used for every single show on network television. Year over year, ratings have increasingly fallen across the Big 4 networks + CW. I honestly don't think there is any scripted show on network television scoring better ratings than it was a year or two ago.

As it is, we have no idea how the show does on CW's website, nor how it does on HBO Max. If it really did terribly, it's likely they would have scrapped it by now. They easily could have done that after the first season- when Ruby Rose left the show- the same season they canned the Riverdale spin-off, Katy Keene. But they chose not too, as it has been successful for them.

And even if, for whatever reason, the CW decided to keep the show going at a loss to 'stick it to the haters' as I've seen people argue on other sites before, they wouldn't be going back for another show with connected IP with some of the same writers/producers. They'd either develop something with a new IP, or they'd bring on new writers and producers.

Just because random websites with biases such as WGTC write articles saying otherwise, doesn't mean the show's a failure. I'd say the company that's invested millions of dollars and continues to invest millions of dollars into the show- who, like pretty much all TV networks and streaming services doesn't reveal online and streaming numbers- likely has a much better idea of how successful the show is, and if they're potentially going to be spending millions of dollars on what appears to essentially be a sister show to the existing Batwoman, it paints a whole different picture than being a failiure.