Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WB wants to protect Batmans image and dont want to water him down so they dont allow others to really use him in tv shows...which is ridiculous with how many shows they create in his universe and base off of his legacy. They think it is better if he disappears or dies then if they actually gave him an actual show. Just like how they wouldnt let Gotham use Joker or Harley.
    I mean, Supergirl got a show before Superman did on the CW. They could only show him in sillhouette or his boots initially and it was a while before he got his own show.
    They had some of the rights to the villains but that is long gone. They have nothing with DC anymore.

Batman has appeared very briefly in Birds of Prey pilot and in Titans so it definitely isnt anything outside of WB just being WB.
    Did Ian Glenn's Bruce Wayne ever once put on a Batsuit on the show? They could show him briefly in-suit in a general way but they couldn't do a full-on Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Penguin is a prequel that is pre-batman. I doubt Robert will want to show up in either.
    I think Batman is more likely to be in the GCPD show, but there are ways of getting around Pattinson if Batman shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I think you are mistaken
    Regardless of what the premise is this show is going to be marketed heavily on the basis of the batman brand connection
    Same way Batwoman is pretty much the entry level low tier of batman content this will likely be just as bad and introduce batman family characters to drum up interest in the show

This is why WB/DC should be putting out their content on HBO Max
    The only tie to the Batfamily will be the adoptive son, whichever one they end up using. The rest of the cast are villain kids.

Unless these villain kids end up taking on established Batfamily identities, this isn't a Batfamily show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    ...how is this show not a failure?
    People enjoy it? It made it to three seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Audience Members that bothered to rate it:

654 Rated Season 2: 19%: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/batwoman/s02

Only 15 Rated Season 3: 33% https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/batwoman/s03
    Audience ratings on RT are meaningless because of how easy they are to manipulate. Before season 1 even aired, it already had a massive amount of bad user ratings, which is clearly BS. I sat and watched it happen almost in real time.

That's a known Comicsgate site, so they're obviously going to be biased against shows like this. As usual, they're only looking at live views and not the aggregate of live and delayed, which for the episode in question is about 660k. These CG types never do, since it nullifies their point. Streaming views aren't factored into that number, either.

Plus, Batwoman was the number 9 CW show this time last season in terms of views. Currently, it's #6, with only about a 45k net change or so. This season's midseason finale was also about 20k higher than last season.

Irrelevant in regards to the viewership or ratings. But if it's important, she released that news on the day of a new episode, and both the live and total views went up 20k over the week before.

...how is this show not a failure?
    It's on its third season, for a start. And as I said before: another show on the same network, using basically the same IP, which has been in development since at least the time Batwoman started airing, and which has much of the same staff attached to it, is in development. If Batwoman was not successful, then why on Earth would the CW be going back to that area like this?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member

I'm always interested in new DC shows being developed, but honestly...I'm getting a little tired of these Batman-related shows that don't feature Batman. And also this whole notion of ''Batman has disappeared/died so we have these new related characters who are taking over to fill the vaccuum'', which we've seen so far with the CW's Batwoman, the old Birds of Prey show and even last year's Birds of Prey movie!

At least the other shows have had some interesting hook based on existing characters and concepts. Gotham was focused on Jim Gordon and a young Bruce and was essentially Smallville for Batman. Okay, fair enough. Pennyworth (which I admittedly haven't watched) is about Alfred in the Secret Service and how he first meets the Wayne family. Okay, that can be interesting. Batwoman is about Bruce's cousin taking over (and then someone taking over from her). Okay, Batwoman is an IP in and of itself so it's a good idea to use the Batman connection to promote her.

But now...Batman's ''adopted son'' is accussed of killing him and teams up with villains' kids? It's...a stretch. The obvious question is Why?

Let's see how this develops though. But I do feel that the CW would have been better served green-lighting the Arrow spin-off with Mia Queen where, presumably, they can someday get Stephen Amell to show up as Oliver Queen as well as other fan-favorites from that show. It'd be a better move for them than another Batman-lite show that can't feature Batman...

Extraordinary Member

After the Mia Queen Spin Off, Pain Kilkler and iirc Power Puff Girls were cancled it is also quite possible that this show will never actually be made.

Extraordinary Member

The intersting Question is also which of the Robin they could actually use for the show.

Usually DC isn't doing the differnt versions of the same character in the same medium at the same time (at least not if he is the main protagonist).

Dick, Jason and Tim are all in Titans, they are likely not available. Damian is not adopted, so it is likely not him.

That would really only leave Duke or maybe Terry as options (or maybe Tim Fox?), or they are creating another OC.

This seems so strange. Why use the same title as the game when it has nothing to do with the characters of the game? It doesn't even have anything to do with the characters and theme of the Gotham Knights comic...

And I agree, they canceled shows for this? I could have seen Powergirl and Wonder Girl on television instead of this? ... but I guess it's the CW anyway so whatever.

I'm could see them use an OC, an amalgam, Duke, or - got forbid - say that Damian is adopted.

I would be more interested in this premise if it went like this:

In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his adopted daughter, Cassandra Cain, forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader.

Extraordinary Member

If they're smart Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain will get starring roles since they are the children of villains and Steph's appearance on Batwoman was one of the few things the show didn't completely fail at. But I suspect they'll just make a bunch of PCs who'll be badly conceived and badly written.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They say Batman all the time
    Batman was in season 1,

But no I might have to stop supporting all cw shows this is tragic
    They can refer to Batman and say his name, but can't have a character around calling himself Batman.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Wow, that could not sound worse if it tried! Lol.

I used to think at least those CW shows had a decent first season but Batwoman was dire, and I went in really wanting to like it.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

It's weird that we're getting a Gotham Knights game with the Batfamily and a Gotham Knights show with...villain kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That would really only leave Duke or maybe Terry as options (or maybe Tim Fox?), or they are creating another OC.
    Knowing the CW, I could genuinely see them going with an OC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    This seems so strange. Why use the same title as the game when it has nothing to do with the characters of the game? It doesn't even have anything to do with the characters and theme of the Gotham Knights comic...

And I agree, they canceled shows for this? I could have seen Powergirl and Wonder Girl on television instead of this? ... but I guess it's the CW anyway so whatever.

I'm could see them use an OC, an amalgam, Duke, or - got forbid - say that Damian is adopted.

I would be more interested in this premise if it went like this:
    I'm not sure I trust the CW with Cass.

Sounds interesting. I’ve watched loads of Bruce Wayne Batman stuff, I’m cool with mixing up the formula. Batwoman has generally been good since Ruby left (Javicia Leslie is a goddess), Superman and Lois is like one of the best network shows too so I’m not gonna write off CW. A show with Jason leading a team of nu-Bane, Harley Quinn, Riddler etc sounds like a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Sounds interesting. I’ve watched loads of Bruce Wayne Batman stuff, I’m cool with mixing up the formula. Batwoman has generally been good since Ruby left (Javicia Leslie is a goddess), Superman and Lois is like one of the best network shows too so I’m not gonna write off CW. A show with Jason leading a team of nu-Bane, Harley Quinn, Riddler etc sounds like a lot of fun
    The Nu-aspect might be a dealbreaker depending on how they handle it...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Nu-aspect might be a dealbreaker depending on how they handle it...
    Seeing the Arrow verse track record in this regard I don't have high hopes. The kids of team arrow were terrible, Nora is insufferable. Black Lightning is the only one with likable superhero children.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader."

What

The

Actually, if it's Dick and Joker's Daughter, Catwoman's Daughter, and Riddler's Daughter that make sense a little bit if it's based on that 70s comics

Then there's Clayface's two daughters and Man-Bat's two kids...

It doesn't sound like it though

It sounds like Damian allying himself with Little Legion. I don't know if they're gonna go as far back as the goofy 70s.

That said I would love if there's a Dick and Talia alliance if it's based on their comic personality by Tomasi.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Seeing the Arrow verse track record in this regard I don't have high hopes. The kids of team arrow were terrible, Nora is insufferable. Black Lightning is the only one with likable superhero children.
    Although even Jefferson's kids grew a little insufferable by the last season in my opinion. Not as bad as Lynn, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader."

What

The

Actually, if it's Dick and Joker's Daughter, Catwoman's Daughter, and Riddler's Daughter that make sense a little bit if it's based on that 70s comics

Then there's Clayface's two daughters and Man-Bat's two kids...

It doesn't sound like it though

It sounds like Damian allying himself with Little Legion. I don't know if they're gonna go as far back as the goofy 70s.
    Penguin had a son in Rebirth Batgirl.