Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh yeah Ethan

A post on Tumblr made me remember that Stephanie Brown, Damian Wayne, and Cassandra Cain are all technically children of Batman villains with the Rebellious Son being Jason Todd

But that's a reaaaaaaaallly generous way of looking at it. I'm still more convinced they're going for Joker's Daughter, Catwoman's Daughter, Riddler's Daughter, Clayface's Daughter and Penguin's Son instead

(and all of them are original character instead of comic adaptation)

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh yeah Ethan

A post on Tumblr made me remember that Stephanie Brown, Damian Wayne, and Cassandra Cain are all technically children of Batman villains with the Rebellious Son being Jason Todd

But that's a reaaaaaaaallly generous way of looking at it. I'm still more convinced they're going for Joker's Daughter, Catwoman's Daughter, Riddler's Daughter, Clayface's Daughter and Penguin's Son instead

(and all of them are original character instead of comic adaptation)
    I can see Riddler's kid being their hacker/guy in the chair.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Riddler has a canon daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Riddler has a canon daughter?
    I think Duela Dent pretended to be his daughter.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Supergirl got a show before Superman did on the CW. They could only show him in sillhouette or his boots initially and it was a while before he got his own show.
    Yes because DC wouldnt allow them to use Superman but he eventually showed up after BvS tarnished the character in WB/DCs eyes and they no longer cared about pursuing a big screen version.

Did Ian Glenn's Bruce Wayne ever once put on a Batsuit on the show? They could show him briefly in-suit in a general way but they couldn't do a full-on Batman.
    No but we saw Batman briefly in S1 during Dicks nightmare episode.

I think Batman is more likely to be in the GCPD show, but there are ways of getting around Pattinson if Batman shows up.
    If he shows up it likely wont be anymore than a shadowy figure like Titans did.

Im still surprised that WB/DC allowed Birds of Prey to get away with this shot

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yes because DC wouldnt allow them to use Superman but he eventually showed up after BvS tarnished the character in WB/DCs eyes and they no longer cared about pursuing a big screen version.

I didn't watch the show but caught a scene where Helena's holding her mother's mask and it's similar to Burton's version so I always thought they're supposed to be the same universe

IIRC, Birds of Prey used the same actor from the OnStar commercials. Maybe they managed to get away with it by making them think it was for a ad.

Extraordinary Member

As others have mentioned the irony is that yeah, it feels like a show with this title should be a straightforward adaptation of the established Batfamily in some way, shape or form.

Even the more obscure-to-the-mainstream characters seem ripe for leading a show if they don’t want to tread ground Titans has already claimed - even just Damian, Batwing, Spoiler, and Orphan would be an excellent starting basis. And yeah, there are multiple “kids of Batvillains” who could be part of ti as well.

But it feels like they might really just be going all out in Original Characters, which implies a somewhat startling amount of confidence in their creativity on what it still, ultimately, an established property.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I didn't watch the show but caught a scene where Helena's holding her mother's mask and it's similar to Burton's version so I always thought they're supposed to be the same universe
    They were allowed to use the Batman film costumes. Barbara wears a recolored Barbara Pennyworth costume for flashbacks.

Its the only modern show that's been allowed to use Batman/Catwoman/Joker/Harley which is both funny and sad.

They were allowed to use the Batman film costumes. Barbara wears a recolored Barbara Pennyworth costume for flashbacks.

Its the only modern show that's been allowed to use Batman/Catwoman/Joker/Harley which is both funny and sad.
    Gotham had Joker even if he wasn't allowed to be called that. They managed to get as far to give him the purple suit and bleached skin. Though they had to work around the green hair.

At the end of the day it just doesn't seem like they're willing to do a show with the actual Batman.

Nothing revealed about this project inspires confidence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The intersting Question is also which of the Robin they could actually use for the show.

Usually DC isn't doing the differnt versions of the same character in the same medium at the same time (at least not if he is the main protagonist).

Dick, Jason and Tim are all in Titans, they are likely not available. Damian is not adopted, so it is likely not him.

That would really only leave Duke or maybe Terry as options (or maybe Tim Fox?), or they are creating another OC.
    I forgot they could also use Lance Bruner

I'm very invested in just seeing what this show ends up looking like, rather than in the show itself. Like I'm so curious to see if they'll be allowed to use Dick or Jason or even Tim, or if they'll go with OC, or retcon Terry into being around much earlier, etc.

Also, it's been kinda mentioned already, but Damian, Steph, Cass, Duke, and even Helena can work as the kids of enemies in Talia, Cluemaster, Lady Shiva and/or David Cain, Gnomon, and Catwoman.

On the other hand, we have Duela Dent, Riddler's daughter Enigma, and so many others that could be used so again, I'm just really curious where they'll go lol. If they go with the "Terry is Bruce's son through genetic manipulation" thing, you can even say Amanda Waller is Terry's "creator" and therefore mother so, you know. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Rose as Deathstroke's daughter used here since she's not really on Titans anymore for some reason. Oh, and if the CW cares, they could use YJ's Artemis as the daughter of Sportsmaster and Huntress for easy brownie points with young adult viewers. She's a Gotham-based hero so it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I'm very invested in just seeing what this show ends up looking like, rather than in the show itself. Like I'm so curious to see if they'll be allowed to use Dick or Jason or even Tim, or if they'll go with OC, or retcon Terry into being around much earlier, etc.

Also, it's been kinda mentioned already, but Damian, Steph, Cass, Duke, and even Helena can work as the kids of enemies in Talia, Cluemaster, Lady Shiva and/or David Cain, Gnomon, and Catwoman.

On the other hand, we have Duela Dent, Riddler's daughter Enigma, and so many others that could be used so again, I'm just really curious where they'll go lol. If they go with the "Terry is Bruce's son through genetic manipulation" thing, you can even say Amanda Waller is Terry's "creator" and therefore mother so, you know. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Rose as Deathstroke's daughter used here since she's not really on Titans anymore for some reason. Oh, and if the CW cares, they could use YJ's Artemis as the daughter of Sportsmaster and Huntress for easy brownie points with young adult viewers. She's a Gotham-based hero so it works.
    I just can see it from a writing perspective that using children of more known villains instead of established Batfamily members might seem more creative free. It doesn't seem like they're aiming for a Batfamily show.