Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Gotham had Joker even if he wasn't allowed to be called that. They managed to get as far to give him the purple suit and bleached skin. Though they had to work around the green hair.
    If you gotta work around it....it aint the same. Its like when JL TAS couldnt use JSA so they created the JGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think they can't use a character named Batman in the shows cause Warner is weird, that's why Titans only has Bruce Wayne.
    I really don't get it, why is Superman ok but not Batman? A Batman show (which a good budget) would be a hit and we'd actually get to see more of his rogues gallery in live action.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I really don't get it, why is Superman ok but not Batman? A Batman show (which a good budget) would be a hit and we'd actually get to see more of his rogues gallery in live action.
    He isn't. There's a reason Superman hasn't appeared at all in Titans, neither has Wonder Woman.

It's just WB being WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just can see it from a writing perspective that using children of more known villains instead of established Batfamily members might seem more creative free. It doesn't seem like they're aiming for a Batfamily show.
    I agree that they don't seem to be going for the Batfamily, but it is called Gotham Knights. You would expect a Batfamily show from that, so it's more likely than I think people are thinking it is, and I wanted to go over just the number of Batfamily characters that work for that. Like, I got to 4 easily, 5 if we include Earth-2, and... I guess 6 with a big stretch using cloning lol.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 12-16-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I agree that they don't seem to be going for the Batfamily, but it is called Gotham Knights. You would expect a Batfamily show from that, so it's more likely than I think people are thinking it is, and I wanted to go over just the number of Batfamily characters that work for that. Like, I got to 4 easily, 5 if we include Earth-2, and... I guess 6 with a big stretch using cloning lol.
    I agree with you but I'm just not sure the EP or someone who worked on Batwoman is going to see it that way.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    As others have mentioned the irony is that yeah, it feels like a show with this title should be a straightforward adaptation of the established Batfamily in some way, shape or form.

Even the more obscure-to-the-mainstream characters seem ripe for leading a show if they don’t want to tread ground Titans has already claimed - even just Damian, Batwing, Spoiler, and Orphan would be an excellent starting basis. And yeah, there are multiple “kids of Batvillains” who could be part of ti as well.

But it feels like they might really just be going all out in Original Characters, which implies a somewhat startling amount of confidence in their creativity on what it still, ultimately, an established property.
    I know I keep beating the Bluebird drum, but a show like you describe would be the perfect place to introduce her.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Two guys discussing on YOUTUBE on why the WB doesn't do a Batman series.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Two guys discussing on YOUTUBE on why the WB doesn't do a Batman series.

I’ll watch this in a bit but I’ve always wondered why HBO doesn’t do a prestige format Batman series. Give it a decent story, make it a mystery (can go surreal even with some Arkham stuff) and with a decent budget you can’t tell me this won’t be a smash. Maybe it wouldn’t sell enough toys to make sense for the character but the character seems primed for an action oriented True Detective meets Legion type show.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I’ll watch this in a bit but I’ve always wondered why HBO doesn’t do a prestige format Batman series. Give it a decent story, make it a mystery (can go surreal even with some Arkham stuff) and with a decent budget you can’t tell me this won’t be a smash. Maybe it wouldn’t sell enough toys to make sense for the character but the character seems primed for an action oriented True Detective meets Legion type show.
    It won't directly star Batman but it seems like that's the idea behind the spinoffs for the Reeves movie.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Apparently they asked Affleck to do a MAX series but he passed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently they asked Affleck to do a MAX series but he passed.
    Yeah, I think he was pretty much done by JL.

Are there even that many canon villain kids for them to use other than Duela Dent?
    The Sporelings from the Poison Ivy mini, Penguin's son Ethan Cobblepot from Batgirl and the Dee Dees from Return of the Joker come to mind. There was a child Clayface too at one point, right?
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-20-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah, I think he was pretty much done by JL.
    Those back2back bombs/negative critics definitely killed whatever joy he had in playing the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The Sporelings from the Poison Ivy mini, Penguin's son Ethan Cobblepot from Batgirl and the Dee Dees from Return of the Joker come to mind. There was a child Clayface too at one point, right?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with an OC Riddler kid for the "guy in the chair."

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The intersting Question is also which of the Robin they could actually use for the show.

Usually DC isn't doing the differnt versions of the same character in the same medium at the same time (at least not if he is the main protagonist).

Dick, Jason and Tim are all in Titans, they are likely not available. Damian is not adopted, so it is likely not him.

That would really only leave Duke or maybe Terry as options (or maybe Tim Fox?), or they are creating another OC.
    You omitted two Robins. Stephanie Brown probably can't be used as she's already showed up on Batwoman. The other though, is Carrie Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Oh, and if the CW cares, they could use YJ's Artemis as the daughter of Sportsmaster and Huntress for easy brownie points with young adult viewers. She's a Gotham-based hero so it works.
    They probably can't, as Artemis is already on Stargirl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Riddler has a canon daughter?
    Her name was Enigma. See Geoff Johns' Teen Titans (Countdown era) and Tony Daniel's Batman. Come on, I thought you guys were nerds!