Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Yes! I love the doombots, and THE DOOMBOT from runaways is the best bot!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yes, I really like the way Doombot adopted the Runaways as his family. I have to wonder how he knew Baba Von Doom's recipe for thrice baked potatoes, the dish he brings to add to their holiday dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I love the funkos!!! Great posts IM!
    Me too! I almost placed an order for some on eBay, but decided against it for budgetary reasons.

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-20-2021 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I hope Santa Doom can still find a way to put some Funko Pop's under your Christmas Tree.

Hey, I recognize that little fellow. He's the Doctor Doom from the Super Hero Squad show with the Infinity Sword. I have one of those myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hope Santa Doom can still find a way to put some Funko Pop's under your Christmas Tree.

Hey, I recognize that little fellow. He's the Doctor Doom from the Super Hero Squad show with the Infinity Sword. I have one of those myself!
    OMG! Glad to hear that! If you don't mind, I have a question... Was your Doom figure packaged with a Reptil figure or were you able to get it separately? Please be kind enough to let me know. Thanks.

I think I did get the Reptil two pack. I took a look for him but I must have given him away to one of my little nephews. I still have these figures though so I took a photo of them. IIRC Namor never appeared on the show but he did have a figure made with the Superhero Squad Logo on the packaging.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-23-2021 at 10:29 PM.

On the Eighth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Eight Scary Reindeer

Seven Dancing Doombots
    Six Funko Pops
    Five Imperial Rings
    Four Court Musicians
    Three Magic Mentors
    Two Doomy Bears
    And a Music Box as we sat 'neath a tree

The Knullified Santa driving the sleigh led by reindeer appears in the one shot King in Black: Iron Man Doctor Doom. This was part of last years King in Black event, one which I had no interest in reading. But not surprisingly I did pick up this comic since it was done by the creative team of Christopher Cantwell and Salvador Larocca, the same team that had worked on the Doctor Doom series.

Actually these scary reindeer were called Paindeer by the converted version of Santa that Tony and Victor encountered that night. And there wasn't a cute little Rudolph among them. Now that I think about, Rudolph was a bit cranky when he was part of the team that Santa Doom used.

I did get the Reptil two-pack. Still have that figure too. I'll try to post photos later. I loved that show!
    Thanks! Your response is greatly appreciated.

I love that! Unfortunately, my search came up empty. I updated my previous post. As I said, I may have given Reptil away.

One last thing about the Knullified Santa. When he finally came to his senses he addressed both Iron Man and Tony by their first names as if he was really Santa. So who was he?

Could it be?????

I love that! Unfortunately, my search came up empty. I updated my previous post. As I said, I may have given Reptil away.
    No problem. Completely understandable. Again, your response is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default The Ninth Day of Christmas

On the Ninth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......Nine Family Portraits
    Eight Scary Reindeer
    Seven Dancing Doombots
    Six Funko Pops
    Five Imperial Rings
    Four Court Musicians
    Three Magic Mentors
    Two Doomy Bears

Most of those family portraits tend to be of Doom himself. He always seems to have these portraits around the castle or at his embassies. And artist Alex Maleev is a regular factory of Doom portraits on Twitter. But there is one portrait that has an interesting back story to it...the one on the bottom right corner. Let's go back a few years to Nick Spencer's Superior Foe of Spider-Man series for the tale of a portrait of Doom that was the prized possession of the Owl. Fred Meyers aka Boomerang also wanted to own this near priceless work of art and succeeded in stealing it from the Owl. But this isn't just any old portrait.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-21-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Like all the plans of third tier comic book villains, Fred's scheme to make a fortune out of the painting was derailed. It changes hands when his teammate Janice the female version of the Beetle (and daughter of Tombstone) absconds with it. But her good fortune doesn't last long.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-22-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Default The Tenth Day of Christmas

On the Tenth Day of Christmas Santa Doom gave to me...

Ten Guests for Dinner

Nine Family Portraits
    Eight Scary Reindeer
    Seven Dancing Doombots
    Six Funko Pops
    Five Imperial Rings
    Four Court Musicians
    Three Magic Mentors
    Two Doomy Bears

Hey looky there another Doom portrait in the dining hall.

Doom has a long history of having guests over to share an extravagant dinner prepared by his culinary staff. The first recipients of the beneficence was Susan Richards and Crystal in Fantastic Four #87. This was right after Sue had her first child Franklin and Crys was taking her place. Crys and the guys were sent to Latveria by SHIELD Director Nick Fury to investigate the rumors of an indestructible army being assembled. At one point in the battle Sue and Crystal are separated from the team and they end up inside the castle after falling through a trap door. Instead of being confronted by death rays and killer Doombots, Sue and Crystal find themselves confronted with a some chefs, a nice roast and Doom himself.

Fantastic Four #84-87 was Stan and Jack's first detailed look at Doom's homeland since FF annual #2. I do recall reading an article where Kirby, who had plotted much of the FF's stories, said his version of Latveria was inspired by the British series The Prisoner starring Patrick McGoohan. When Kirby came back to Marvel in 1976 one of the things he worked on was 17 pages of art for a Prisoner comic. Gil Kane also did some pages. But for some reason Stan cancelled the project and it was never published . You can read about it here. Fortunately, in 2018 it was announced that British publisher Titan Comics would be releasing a hardcover containing the pages done by Jack Kirby and Gil Kane to coincide with the debut of their Prisoner comic. This has nothing to do with Doom and his habit of throwing dinner parties for his enemies but I thought it was a cool bit of trivia.

Back to the banquet at the top, this takes place in last week's Savage Avengers #27 a series which is sadly ending with issue #28. Where else can you read a wacky team up like Doctor Doom, Doctor Strange and Conan the Barbarian. I won't spoil too much of last week's issue but at one point Doctor Strange offers to take the team out to dinner have the successful conclusion of their battle. But Conan vouches for the quality of the cuisine chez Doom so they all go there instead.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-22-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I still need to catch up on that Savage Avengers issue but love this! If it's one thing you can count on with Doom it's that he knows how to throw a dinner party XD
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis