Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The only book that is really changing is Marauders.
    Not shocking. This is literally just a pause to soak up all those sweet sweet wolverine books. Ahhh…tastes like Lung Cancer

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I always find it humorous when an artist says something along the lines of "this is the best work or my career" or "I'm really pouring everything into this"...for once I want to see an artist say no, i'm really just phoning this in, I need a paycheck and had to settle for this. lol.
    I loved the concept for Excalibur, but Tini's execution just wasn't up to expectation. I'm hoping she finds her footing here with material and plots that are more to her strengths than the previous series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Did Jubilee just ditch her son in another dimension?
    He escaped at the end of Excalibur so it’s interesting that he’s on these covers. What’s also interesting is that Jubilee is not listed as a knight.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He escaped at the end of Excalibur so it’s interesting that he’s on these covers. What’s also interesting is that Jubilee is not listed as a knight.
    She’s gone off to become a vampire again, since apparently she’s traveling back in time.

Astonishing Member

Lol Marvel’s never going to be be able to use Arthurian stuff in a non-villainous way ever again after this

I continue to side-eye Sligo being a dragon and ‘preferring it’

Weird to have Shogo there and not Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That's just weirdddd

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Writer never took seriously Jubilee's motherhood

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

So I had asked when Knights of X was first revealed in December if Jubilee and Shogo were in the book, and if there were any good plans for them. I got a response on Twitter on 12/14/21 that said that there are plans… and we’d see preview images of them both soon when character images are revealed. I asked one of the artists today and he said he was not allowed to say anything about Jubilee… however… he did say that it was odd for a baby dragon to be so powerful.

Makes me wonder if Jubilee somehow is the dragon on the cover? Or if Jubes is captured and the first few issues are of the team rescuing her?

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    So I had asked when Knights of X was first revealed in December if Jubilee and Shogo were in the book, and if there were any good plans for them. I got a response on Twitter on 12/14/21 that said that there are plans… and we’d see preview images of them both soon when character images are revealed. I asked one of the artists today and he said he was not allowed to say anything about Jubilee… however… he did say that it was odd for a baby dragon to be so powerful.

Makes me wonder if Jubilee somehow is the dragon on the cover? Or if Jubes is captured and the first few issues are of the team rescuing her?
    I had the same thought about Jubilee being the dragon. We know dragonfire is a strong weapon against magic so perhaps she requested to be turned into a dragon while in Otherworld, keeping Shogo safe on Krakoa. Jamie could do it, or perhaps a magic spell could be used.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

One of Howard's weaknesses in Excalibur was spreading the focus amongst her whole cast, so the decision to give her more characters doesn't seem particularly wise.

Also if they want a character to turn into a dragon that is Vange Whedon's entire deal. Just use her, leave Jubilee and Shogo alone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    One of Howard's weaknesses in Excalibur was spreading the focus amongst her whole cast, so the decision to give her more characters doesn't seem particularly wise.

Also if they want a character to turn into a dragon that is Vange Whedon's entire deal. Just use her, leave Jubilee and Shogo alone.
    I wouldn't say that was her weakness because that would imply she focused on the other characters AT ALL. If your name wasn't Betsy, Apocalypse, or Rictor you were largely ignored, a background prop, or a device to move the story forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

I found Howard to be much better when her story had a more clear focus. The mutants versus Merlyn stuff was much better executed, imo, than what came before. This series seems to have a clear mission statement so I'm hopeful.

A relaunch with the same weak writer! Very exciting...

It's a shame that we lost Mahmud Asrar as a cover artist - he was really good at capturing the fantasy aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ... and two more surprise characters assemble to recover an artifact deeply rooted in X-Men history.
    This artifact is almost certainly the Siege Perilous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Did Jubilee just ditch her son in another dimension?
    I'm sure Jubilee will be in this series, it's just that she (and Shogo) won't be one of the Knights.

There's only so much space in this cover and they opted to go with Shogo (as a dragon) on the cover because it is the more showy image and firmly establishes this as a fantasy book.

I also expect Saturnyne, Captain Avalon, Margaret Braddock, Monarch, Malice, Pete Wisdom and the Agents of S.T.R.I.K.E. to be in this series as well.
    It's an Excalibur sequel after all.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 01-14-2022 at 02:27 AM.