Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    "Death looms over the Knights — in more ways than one."

Do we think Death will be appearing and joining Bei as another Arrako mutant on the team?
    I surely hope so.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Mad Jim Jaspers. Accept no substitutes

I've been pining to see Switchback in 616 ever since the original AoA run.
    Put me down as another fan of hers!

From the just released solicit for issue #4:

With Arthur and his army on their heels, all but one of the Knights of X have made it to Mercator — the province void of light. But all isn’t what it seems. Will Betsy and her team be able to overcome the darkness and find the Siege Perilous?
    Let's goooooo!

Astonishing Member

FINALLY. We've only been waiting for the trigger to be pulled on the Mercator Chekhov's Gun for literally years at this point, lmao.

I know people are worried that Gambit will be the knight to fall, and Otherworld resurrection will mean that death might be a permanent one (at least as far as comics go), buuuuuuut I find it very interesting that the team is going to end up in Mercator like, RIGHT after that happens. Because its significant in my mind that the 'ruler' or protector of the Mercator province, aka Absolom Mercator, is an omega mutant who absolutely has proven able to pull off resurrections all by himself in the past, albeit in a different manner than the Five do it. Just saying, it could be that for whomever the dead Knight is, resurrection could still be in the cards, just done in a different manner, with potentially different repercussions, than by having the Five do it back on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    FINALLY. We've only been waiting for the trigger to be pulled on the Mercator Chekhov's Gun for literally years at this point, lmao.

I know people are worried that Gambit will be the knight to fall, and Otherworld resurrection will mean that death might be a permanent one (at least as far as comics go), buuuuuuut I find it very interesting that the team is going to end up in Mercator like, RIGHT after that happens. Because its significant in my mind that the 'ruler' or protector of the Mercator province, aka Absolom Mercator, is an omega mutant who absolutely has proven able to pull off resurrections all by himself in the past, albeit in a different manner than the Five do it. Just saying, it could be that for whomever the dead Knight is, resurrection could still be in the cards, just done in a different manner, with potentially different repercussions, than by having the Five do it back on Krakoa.
    I like how you think, sir. Finally, indeed!

Astonishing Member

Okay, if they are bringing in Absalon, just use Mad Jim please. Because if they get Absalon on their side Mad Jim is about the only player I can buy as a credible threat to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

Plz don't give me hope!!! Its the hope that kills!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Okay, if they are bringing in Absalon, just use Mad Jim please. Because if they get Absalon on their side Mad Jim is about the only player I can buy as a credible threat to the group.
    I wanna see a three-way battle between Mercator, Jaspers, and Jamie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I wanna see a three-way battle between Mercator, Jaspers, and Jamie.
    Thank god for Absalon if that happens because otherwise I’d have to decide between the Tory and the slave trader

KoX 5

Merlyn has finally tipped into full-blown madness: He’s sent his Furies on a campaign across the realm to burn everything in sight, and only those who swear fealty to the mad king will be spared. But there is still hope! A bargain between a powerful new ally and the Knights of X may just secure the Siege Perilous and the future of Avalon. Elsewhere, Saturnyne forges an alliance with a former enemy. But trust is a fickle thing. Will these new allegiances bring triumph or ruin for the mutants of Otherworld?
    Mercator please.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

KoX 5

Mercator please.
    Calling it now, the former enemy has to be Mad Jim

Hellion is an enemy of Gambit. If he's not the powerful new ally, he could be the new antagonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Calling it now, the former enemy has to be Mad Jim
    I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hellion is an enemy of Gambit. If he's not the powerful new ally, he could be the new antagonist.
    I can see that.