Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Well they werent scripted so he did what he could:

Attachment 116276. Attachment 116277
    Wow if he did that due to a request on twitter that's amazing!!

I love Bob Quinn. Even outside of the righteous Hellion cameo, he's always a delight on Twitter and I like his art - especially his designs. At the very least, I want to support him.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

I do think Spurrier would want to pass after he already went after contemporary British politics in the past run of Hellblazer and also did the Arthur Mythos in the Black Knight miniseries…..which oh boy it’s going to be fun when we finally get Mordred and see how well he matches up with the Mordred from that.

I liked Bob Quinn on WoX but there is nothing really grabbing with that reveal. I think he will fit nicely into the fantasy aspect of the title and probably draw the team ok. It’s more like he will do a fine job but nothing that says he will do a better job then Marcus To.

Overall I would say that the team as it is isn’t weird enough for him design wise. Let’s hope for a redesign to make them better fit his style.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And that's exactly the issue.
    You can't force writers to write what they don't want to write/have no interest in writing.
    At least Tini has been very much invested in this Otherworld/Magic story from day one...so she for all her technical shortcomings would be the better person for this story than someone who was actually British but couldn't give two shites about Otherworld and Betsy shenanigans.
    One can argue about the quality of the results but yes, it's usualy better having a writer who has an interest in the subject, characters or theme of a title, rather than forcing someone who has none for it or is even repulsed by it.

Though under the right circumstances and with a skilled (and determinded) writers it can still produce good results, just like how even an interested writer can often produce weak or bad results (lacking skill or experience, or misunderstanding the appeal of the subject), but usualy the rule applies that it's better to select someone who wants to write those things.

It's also the reason i'm so doubtfull about the potential of an all omega X-men title since i'm not sure there are many qualified writers who would want to work with character's who's only connection and main definig quality is being the most powerfull of a restricted groups of super beings.

I would have loved for Alan Davis to come back and write (and draw) the Otherworld book…

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    One can argue about the quality of the results but yes, it's usualy better having a writer who has an interest in the subject, characters or theme of a title, rather than forcing someone who has none for it or is even repulsed by it.

Though under the right circumstances and with a skilled (and determinded) writers it can still produce good results, just like how even an interested writer can often produce weak or bad results (lacking skill or experience, or misunderstanding the appeal of the subject), but usualy the rule applies that it's better to select someone who wants to write those things.

It's also the reason i'm so doubtfull about the potential of an all omega X-men title since i'm not sure there are many qualified writers who would want to work with character's who's only connection and main definig quality is being the most powerfull of a restricted groups of super beings.
    Eh, I doubt there’s that much interest in the writing staff for a book about the upper caste of the ethno-states hierarchal caste system (I’m joking Ouburst, do not bite my neck). It’s a very arbitrary definition anyway, I e never really seen the use for it in story or out.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Exac-fockin-tatiously.

I understand the disappointment but...at this point it's either we give it a shot, or (for those who've been bemoaning since issue 01 without any succor) call it a day.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    oh shoot I thought Ewing was british.
    You were right, he is.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Well, that's disappointing. It is wild to me how much faith Marvel seems to have in Howard and Percy when I feel they are the weakest writers of the current X-books. Bob Quinn's art is also not for me. It sucks that Rictor and Shatterstar will be appearing in a book together and it's from a writer whose work I really dislike.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really hope we get Captain UK in this run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really hope we get Captain UK in this run.
    Careful what you wish for, you could end up with Faiza being treated as some kind of Priti Patel parody (which would be exactly as tone-deaf/problematic as it sounds)

Astonishing Member

Worse, they retcon here into being a mutant.
    Last edited by Saithor; 12-15-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Just curious for those of you who are more knowledgeable about writers and stuff. How often does it happen that a book gets rebooted and the main writer is kept? Just curious

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Just curious for those of you who are more knowledgeable about writers and stuff. How often does it happen that a book gets rebooted and the main writer is kept? Just curious
    Not really? There tends to at least be a bigger shakeup of a books status quo to justify a renaming. The thought process here seems to be that with Hickman trying to conclude what plot threads he can, the X-office has decided to capitalize as much as they can. So first they put a halt to everything else and milk Wolverine for all he’s worth with two solo titles for a few months. Than they bring back all the old X-books under new names, with them each having a few additional members after cannibalizing the corpse of X-factor. This will have the added benefit of new #1s and that by the time they are out, people will have had so much wolverine they will be begging for any mutant besides Wolverine in their comic books.