Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's hard to say because there is no firm source for sales numbers but Comichron's estimates often had it selling above Marauders, Hellions (crazy), New Mutants, and SWORD. But that's based on orders from Diamond so we don't know exactly how it sold in shops.
    Plus it doesn’t account for digital because there are currently no laws saying they have to release those numbers. From what I understand about the comic book chain stores gauge how much interest a book will have and order directly from Marvel a certain amount of issues to cover demand. Then the stores have to hope it sells. If it doesn’t sometimes they send it back but there are times when Marvel will not let them sell unsold copies back to Marvel.

This is also why variet covers and reboots are so popular. Number 1 variants have the most demand and can boost sales for struggling books.

I’ve said for the past 10 years Marvel genuinely doesn’t care about book sales. Comics are literally only there as a way for people to preview the upcoming movies. Their value to the MCU outweighs the books sold. The MCU makes enough to cover for the comics

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And this is why I don't care about sell numbers at all, as they have absolutely no bearing on the books I buy and enjoy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Plus it doesn’t account for digital because there are currently no laws saying they have to release those numbers. From what I understand about the comic book chain stores gauge how much interest a book will have and order directly from Marvel a certain amount of issues to cover demand. Then the stores have to hope it sells. If it doesn’t sometimes they send it back but there are times when Marvel will not let them sell unsold copies back to Marvel.

This is also why variet covers and reboots are so popular. Number 1 variants have the most demand and can boost sales for struggling books.

I’ve said for the past 10 years Marvel genuinely doesn’t care about book sales. Comics are literally only there as a way for people to preview the upcoming movies. Their value to the MCU outweighs the books sold. The MCU makes enough to cover for the comics
    Marvel cancelling books said other thing. Comics are a separate division and must make profit or it will be close and published on another Publisher like IDW

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Braddocks have enough family ties with magic that Magik not only isn’t needed, but doesn’t fit in.
    Most of this team didn’t fit. And where was all the Braddock magic?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Braddocks have enough family ties with magic that Magik not only isn’t needed, but doesn’t fit in.
    12 issues of Excalibur being about establishing a connection between Krakoa and Otherworld going as far as comitting human sacrifice, only for the climax of that story to be Magik teleporting an entire space station and the army inside to OW like it was nothing. Still priceless. Lord was XoS a awful story :')

Quote Originally Posted by placeholder View Post
    12 issues of Excalibur being about establishing a connection between Krakoa and Otherworld going as far as comitting human sacrifice, only for the climax of that story to be Magik teleporting an entire space station and the army inside to OW like it was nothing. Still priceless. Lord was XoS a awful story :')
    Part of me wants to re-read X of Swords because I am of the mindset that it might be better if you read it all at once. I think enough time has passed to go back and read it again.

I remember being agitated having to wait every week for the next chapters and the long delay in comics because of COVID did not help.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    Part of me wants to re-read X of Swords because I am of the mindset that it might be better if you read it all at once. I think enough time has passed to go back and read it again.

I remember being agitated having to wait every week for the next chapters and the long delay in comics because of COVID did not help.
    As someone who did that. Go ahead but its still garbage.

Mighty Member

Sword of X could've been great... had it not been 20+ issues.

Imagine HOX/POX being 30 issues with the same amount of content and more pointless superhero vs superhero fights, and HOX/POX would've suffered overall.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Rictor grows another six inches when he's close to Shatterstar. That's just how it is when you're dealing with KoX.
    How long have you been sitting on that?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    How long have you been sitting on that?
    Not as long as Shatterstar has.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Not as long as Shatterstar has.
    Exactly what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m somewhat in the same boat. I personally think that each of the Dawn of X Wave 1 books that didn’t get a writer change (Marauders, Excalibur, and X-Force) were in need of creative switch ups. At the same time since Tini was pretty much guaranteed to get an X-book for Destiny of X, I think I prefer her staying with Otherworld where she is slowly but surely improving than give her a book like X-Corp that she can botch again.
    It's unfortunate but I think Leah's contract with Marvel wasn't renewed. It really seems like the Marvel powers that be didn't like how LGBTQ+ focused she made X-Factor and she is now out. They forced her to finish up her story as the Trial of Magneto and that's the end of it. Leah really liked working with David Baldeón and they took him off the book for Trial of Magneto. It really seemed like they were deliberately trying to piss Leah off and make her quit Marvel.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It's unfortunate but I think Leah's contract with Marvel wasn't renewed. It really seems like the Marvel powers that be didn't like how LGBTQ+ focused she made X-Factor and she is now out. They forced her to finish up her story as the Trial of Magneto and that's the end of it. Leah really liked working with David Baldeón and they took him off the book for Trial of Magneto. It really seemed like they were deliberately trying to piss Leah off and make her quit Marvel.
    I think her X-factor was hit or miss. Some things were messy. I don’t think it had anything to do with LGBTQ+ themes. There are LGBTQ+ characters everywhere, so to say she got the boot because of that is a reach. She continued stories with characters that are canonically bisexual. They would let her choose those characters and then not tell stories about who they are.

I love Shatterstar, but there is no chance I'm spending any money on a book written by this woman. Excalibur was horrendous and incredibly dull. How this got green lit is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Why Pietro? I’m not opposed to him being used more in the X-books, but it seems a random spot to put him.
    It should have said “sir” Pietro. And I picked him because that’s what the Knights of Wundagore called him in his solo series back in the 1990’s. As the leader of the Knights of Wundagore I thought he’d be a good knight in another series. Of course nobody remembers that book but me, so…
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 12-19-2021 at 08:44 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver