Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I'm really curious to see how Tini will make this book appear to matter at all in the big scheme of the world. With the Children of the Vault/Orchis/Mystique/space stuff/phalanx/high evolutionary etc, it just seem what's the point of this book when she herself had Xavier state they just wanted to close/destroy the portal because they didn't care about otherworld and King Arthur. I hope she has some serious plans for the book.
    Honestly? It's mostly just about Merlyn, a character you're likely only to know about Marvel UK. And as someone who has read a lot of the old Marvel UK comics....Mad Jim Jaspers should be the villain. I know I keep on saying it, but Mad Jim is just a bigger threat overall, and is a more fun villain, and would be better than the current plot where the entire rebellion against mutant rule thing is undercut by the fact that the mutants put an insane reality warping slave trader on the throne.

The only thing with that option which I would prefer to Merlyn. Is wouldnt he just be handled by Saturnyne? With her power feat of being about to put each realm in check by freezing them in place etc?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly? It's mostly just about Merlyn, a character you're likely only to know about Marvel UK. And as someone who has read a lot of the old Marvel UK comics....Mad Jim Jaspers should be the villain. I know I keep on saying it, but Mad Jim is just a bigger threat overall, and is a more fun villain, and would be better than the current plot where the entire rebellion against mutant rule thing is undercut by the fact that the mutants put an insane reality warping slave trader on the throne.
    Honestly I've been wondering if given that Mad Jim Jaspers is a long established mutant solidly in control of the Crooked Market, and he's repeatedly talked about how he doesn't give a crap about Earth because Otherworld is his home.....if the whole thing about Arthur's son Mordred being a mutant and that's why Otherworlders hate mutants has been building up to the reveal that Mordred is Mad Jim Jaspers and always was. He's a reality warper, who could be better at hiding their appearance and true identity?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly I've been wondering if given that Mad Jim Jaspers is a long established mutant solidly in control of the Crooked Market, and he's repeatedly talked about how he doesn't give a crap about Earth because Otherworld is his home.....if the whole thing about Arthur's son Mordred being a mutant and that's why Otherworlders hate mutants has been building up to the reveal that Mordred is Mad Jim Jaspers and always was. He's a reality warper, who could be better at hiding their appearance and true identity?
    The issue with that is Mordred has been an already existing character in Marvel comics for decades. He fought the Avengers, the Black Knight, and recently tried to take over the world with mind control in Spurrier's Black Knight miniseries. Meanwhile Jasper's origin is a tory politician who ran for Prime Minister on an anti-mutant platform, discovered he was a mutant with reality warping powers, and started wreaking havoc on the metahuman population of Marvel UK at the same time as the creation of an alternate dimension version of himself, the Fury, which had forced Merlin and Saturnye to destroy an entire reality to try and contain it. Ultimate killing machine, Nimrod is literally a copy Claremont made of the concept. But in short, you would have to retcon decades of story's involving both the characters. Honestly your theory has merit because Jasper's saying Otherworld is his home is weird, but if it turns out to be the case...it might take the cake for most implausible retcon in this era for the X-men. Well, after the Moira Mactaggart one but above the trying to make Dakken not a rapist.

Astonishing Member

The issue with that is Mordred has been an already existing character in Marvel comics for decades. He fought the Avengers, the Black Knight, and recently tried to take over the world with mind control in Spurrier's Black Knight miniseries. Meanwhile Jasper's origin is a tory politician who ran for Prime Minister on an anti-mutant platform, discovered he was a mutant with reality warping powers, and started wreaking havoc on the metahuman population of Marvel UK at the same time as the creation of an alternate dimension version of himself, the Fury, which had forced Merlin and Saturnye to destroy an entire reality to try and contain it. Ultimate killing machine, Nimrod is literally a copy Claremont made of the concept. But in short, you would have to retcon decades of story's involving both the characters. Honestly your theory has merit because Jasper's saying Otherworld is his home is weird, but if it turns out to be the case...it might take the cake for most implausible retcon in this era for the X-men. Well, after the Moira Mactaggart one but above the trying to make Dakken not a rapist.
    All this is true, but the current era of X-Books has ignored and pretended a LOT of highly significant stuff from the past just to make their current plots work so I wouldn't put it past them. Tbh, whichever way the story with Mordred works out, I will be HIGHLY surprised if they portray him as the actual character from past comics like Avengers instead of presenting him as an all new character and just handwaving it as 'oh this is just another version of Mordred, the characters who are perceived as legends in various realities come in many forms' or some other nonsense that makes absolutely NO sense and is deliberately designed to be a vague and esoteric answer that can be taken dozens of ways, lol.

Personally, I do think making him Jim Jaspers is the easier route just because its so easy with a reality warper to bullshit past discrepancies. Like, Jim can change how others look why can't he have a Mordred cosplay look for when he feels like going off and fighting the Avengers today or whatever, y'know? Or like, warp reality in a weird revisionist history sorta way to give himself fake backstory credentials? Idk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    All this is true, but the current era of X-Books has ignored and pretended a LOT of highly significant stuff from the past just to make their current plots work so I wouldn't put it past them. Tbh, whichever way the story with Mordred works out, I will be HIGHLY surprised if they portray him as the actual character from past comics like Avengers instead of presenting him as an all new character and just handwaving it as 'oh this is just another version of Mordred, the characters who are perceived as legends in various realities come in many forms' or some other nonsense that makes absolutely NO sense and is deliberately designed to be a vague and esoteric answer that can be taken dozens of ways, lol.

Personally, I do think making him Jim Jaspers is the easier route just because its so easy with a reality warper to bullshit past discrepancies. Like, Jim can change how others look why can't he have a Mordred cosplay look for when he feels like going off and fighting the Avengers today or whatever, y'know? Or like, warp reality in a weird revisionist history sorta way to give himself fake backstory credentials? Idk.
    I mean...they can do that, it's just as a fan of the Black Knight mini, Kurt Busiek's Avengers, and Marvel UK's A Crooked World, I'm going to be pissed if they do that.

Astonishing Member

I mean...they can do that, it's just as a fan of the Black Knight mini, Kurt Busiek's Avengers, and Marvel UK's A Crooked World, I'm going to be pissed if they do that.
    Oh, valid for sure.

Ten Mutants Embark on an Epic Quest to Retrieve the Holy Grail of Mutantkind
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-of-mutantkind

Writer Tini Howard has redefined the X-Men’s relationship with magic in the pages of EXCALIBUR and X OF SWORDS. Now, she continues her enchanting work on the mutant mythos in KNIGHTS OF X alongside artist Bob Quinn. Known for his stunning work on WAY OF X, Quinn is equipped to capture the strange beauty and the mysterious danger of Otherworld. Together, this creative team will take readers on an adventure that will become mutant legend as Captain Britain, Rictor, Shatterstar, Gambit, Rachel Summers, Bei the Blood Moon, Gloriana, and two more surprise characters assemble to recover an artifact deeply rooted in X-Men history.

The gates to Otherworld are closed — and Captain Britain is trapped on the wrong side! Usurpers Merlyn and his right-hand man, King Arthur, are now in control of Lunatic Citadel. Furies the size of Sentinels raze villages to the ground in their hunt for the “witchbreed.” Cut off from Krakoa, Betsy Braddock is Otherworld’s only hero — and to save her people, Betsy must recruit a round table of her own. The Knights of X gather to restore the rightful order and rescue desperate mutants — but their quest is about to get so much bigger than that. This is the era of destiny…and the fate of Otherworld lies at the center of mutantkind’s future.

"At the end of Excalibur, we saw Merlyn take control of all Otherworld, transforming the Starlight Citadel into the Lunatic Citadel and raging his war on mutants from Saturnyne's former throne. Captain Britain stayed within when the gates fell, but even with the whole Corps at her side - it'll take more than an army of one to bring down King Arthur and his Furies,” Howard explained. “You'll recognize many of the Knights from Excalibur’s past - both my run and the classic - in a quest for a precious treasure that crashes our high fantasy tale into that most classic X-Men story - fighting for a(n Other)world that hates and fears them."

“Tini Howard and Marcus To’s run on EXCALIBUR was incredible, so launching the follow-up series is equal parts exciting and intimidating,” Quinn said. “But I’m giving this series everything I have, I’m proud to say that these are the best pages I’ve ever drawn. Otherworld is a big draw for me. I’ve drawn midwest farms, New Jersey neighborhoods, and Central Park in my books at Marvel, and I’m excited to let my imagination loose drawing some of the weirder and wilder people and places in Otherworld!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm very much looking forward to this! Can't wait to see who the two surprise Knights are and I'm excited for Quinn's Otherworld. Let's go!

Astonishing Member

Lunatic Citadel. Dare I hope this turns out to be Jaspers controlling Merlyn?

Lunatic Citadel. Dare I hope this turns out to be Jaspers controlling Merlyn?
    Do dare. I’ve been hoping Jaspers has had a hand in everything that’s been going down. When he told Gambit that he had no interest in the war, I didn’t believe him.

I really hope Jamie is involved cause I’ve thoroughly enjoyed him interacting with his family again.

Lunatic Citadel, yikes! I hope they explain how she survived the end of Excalibur, that'd make some good storytelling. I also actually wonder if mutants exist in Asgard and Olympus now, that'd be quite cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Do dare. I’ve been hoping Jaspers has had a hand in everything that’s been going down. When he told Gambit that he had no interest in the war, I didn’t believe him.

I really hope Jamie is involved cause I’ve thoroughly enjoyed him interacting with his family again.
    I just want them to do something with him. Jamie I could give or take. I found the idea of putting the insane reality warping former slave trader on the throne of Avalon a dumb plot point, and he honestly felt redundant when you also has Jaspers popping up.

Astonishing Member

Did Jubilee just ditch her son in another dimension?

The only book that is really changing is Marauders.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/