Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Brian and Jamie are missing too so I don't think the cover depicts the whole cast. Unless Brian gets killed tomorrow, eek.
    I don't think they are going to kill him, and given he's not a witchbreed or a dragon they aren't going to put Captain Avalon on that banished poster. But less strange things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m somewhat in the same boat. I personally think that each of the Dawn of X Wave 1 books that didn’t get a writer change (Marauders, Excalibur, and X-Force) were in need of creative switch ups. At the same time since Tini was pretty much guaranteed to get an X-book for Destiny of X, I think I prefer her staying with Otherworld where she is slowly but surely improving than give her a book like X-Corp that she can botch again.
    You know thinking about it that way it could be a good thing because she really has been fleshing out otherworld well and lately the book reminds me a bit of an rpg and that's a good thing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Maybe it's not written by Howard? A fresh take would be really great.

It says Ten Realms/Ten Knights at the top and bottom of the page.

Gambit will be like: Calling it, Crooked Market - dat one's mine! (Or Blightspoke, since he seemed to like it there)

Brian and Jubilee are missing, but maybe they are the other two of the ten Knights?
    All Braddocks family who are not on team or on covers will become Knights while Gambit and Jubs will be wallpapers.
    Like Swords of X or 25 issues of Excalibur didn`t happen. We know how Howard is writing and whom she wants to write.

The inclusion of Rachel has me excited. I'm curious to see who will be the creative team. Rod's cover image is rad. Looking forward to the non-promotional full color version

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The "new" premise certainly does lend itself to some interesting stories though. It will be interesting to see mutants feared and hated in a world where humans, demons, vampires, etc exist and have access to magic etc. Really makes me wonder what new mutants will potentially look like when the biggest magic users based on things i've read here are rumored to be showing up there.
    It really could transcend fully into D+D High Fantasy territory...and I would be very happy with that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Haha i just had a very literal thought. Mutants who die in Otherword essentially come back as New Mutants. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm kind of tired of "same book, relaunching with a different name" convention. I guess Knights of X might seem more accurate to what the cast are actually about than, say, Excalibur I guess short of just calling it "Captain Britain."

Haha i just had a very literal thought. Mutants who die in Otherword essentially come back as New Mutants. lol
    We NEED to explore these Otherworld revived mutants. So far they’re just written as newborns, but I think there is way more potential there.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm hoping the Resurrection Protocols are replaced with the DON'T EFFIN' DIE!!! protocols just so we don't have to deal with anymore of those stories. While interesting as a concept the RPs have been more of an extraneous crutch than a help regarding overall storytelling and needs to take a backseat especially in books that aren't dealing directly with it.

I'm a little anxious about the artist reveal though...If not Reis, I hope it's someone whose art I really like and appreciate, or else...I'm not buying any book with art I don't like (I don't care who are in it).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-14-2021 at 09:16 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'll keep my thoughts to myself until I know for sure if Tini is writing this, but this doesn't exactly inspire much hope.

Edit: I'm done. I hope whoever is actually into this book enjoys it. I guess I'll come back to the X-Men in another 2 years when Tini has finally released her death grip on Gambit.
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 12-15-2021 at 12:46 PM.
    Make Good Art

Somebody hyped me up and this is just meh.

So bummed out.

Just tell me the writer and artist.

Extraordinary Member

I don't want to to be too harsh until we know more but please get Tini off this book

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I truly, sincerely hope this is Leah dream book and she is the writer.

edit: The last few issues of Excalibur have been good but i think the book sorely needs a new voice at this point.
    Williams inspires even less faith than Howard, both needs books that play to their strengths neither have found those books under the X-men imo.

That's exactly the roster everyone already predicted. Am I the only one that finds it weird that the X-factor team members are all still wearing the team's costumes? The design is so distinct from the other characters that it is a bit distracting.

Also has it always been 10 realms? Or was it 8 during X of SWORDS?

Ok Ill go look at the chart.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-14-2021 at 09:40 AM.