Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #782 - Spoilers/Discussion

Thought this was a decent continuation of the previous issue. Interested to see what's done with Image Maker and Steve/Etta.

Digging the backup too with what's going on with the two Bana Queens. Artemis stole the show however.

Well she IS Artemis. While she has her faults, shes always had a huge pressence

I feel Takara's art is more consistent this time. It's good to see because it was already great last month.

Good that Image-Maker is at least Image-Maker in the actual story. Maybe DC can still correct his name on the cover of #783.

Deadman and Diana have such a fun dynamic. Never thought I'd like them so much.

I wonder when Siegfried is coming into play again, there is so much going on right now that I expect him only after Trial of the Amazons with a tease at the end of this arc maybe.

Skylar Patridge is becoming one of my fav WW artists. I just love how alive her characters feel and Fajardo Jr.'s colors fit her style very well. Ayala puts a lot into the back-ups too. They are a lot more fulfilling than The Adventures of Young Diana.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I enjoyed the latest installment in Diana's story. Her friendship with Deadman is really blooming. The image duplicates of WW are far more creepy than anything Mirror Master has unleashed upon the Flash. I think it's funny that Diana and Steve keep getting interrupted when trying to call each other. I hope they have a happy reunion soon. The art is still so so to me. There were some panels that were great and others that were not very appetizing.

The backup story was decent although I don't feel like it drove the plot much.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I feel Takara's art is more consistent this time. It's good to see because it was already great last month.

Good that Image-Maker is at least Image-Maker in the actual story. Maybe DC can still correct his name on the cover of #783.

Deadman and Diana have such a fun dynamic. Never thought I'd like them so much.

I wonder when Siegfried is coming into play again, there is so much going on right now that I expect him only after Trial of the Amazons with a tease at the end of this arc maybe.

Skylar Patridge is becoming one of my fav WW artists. I just love how alive her characters feel and Fajardo Jr.'s colors fit her style very well. Ayala puts a lot into the back-ups too. They are a lot more fulfilling than The Adventures of Young Diana.
    I thought Young Diana was decent but yeah, this is closer to what I'd want if WW was to have a backup in it.

Image-Maker, the master of mirror world!

Incredible Member

Good issue. Diana and Deadman's buddy routine adds a nice sense of otherworldiness to the proceedings. I lol'd at Diana dropping the cadaver Boston was inhabiting into the sea and then he pops up in his spirit form haha.

The back up was a bit more exciting, though. I'm willing to bet that part of the grievance between the Bana and the Themyscirans is that the latter group are immortal, (not sure if it's because they are on the island or because of Well of Souls stuff). But Queen Faruka's line "Are we Amazons, or cannon fodder?" seems quite foreboding...and also Ayala seems to be making a statement about how the Amazons, particularly the Bana, are used. Strong stuff. I enjoyed Atalanta and Faruka bouncing off each other, and I loved seeing Queen Faruka in her Amazon gear while in front of a computer database of her Amazons. Nice way to highlight the differences between not just Atalanta and Faruka, but between the Themyscirans and the Bana.

Obviously, The Keeper of the Way, Artemis steals the show, though. And Patridge's linework is so dynamic and her characters all look so different! It's a blessing to have a book where so many lady characters have different body shapes, facial features, and skin colors. Bless.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was a fun issue! I love that we are getting a good balance of everyday Diana with Wonder Woman. Deadman has been a fun supporting character and they have a fun rapport with one another.

The backup was fun. It seems like the Bana are tired of living the rough life and want a piece of the pie that their ancestors left behind. I'm still confused about their power levels and immortality though. We need something definitive.

I have to say so far Deadman is the best of the off-brand characters writers use to give us someone for Diana to bounce off of. He's way better than Orion and the Gorilla Knights for sure. He beats out Byrne's plethora of guest stars too.

It looks as if everyone's fan favorite Siggy is returning soon but I'll always be on Steve's side of any potential love triangle. I'm always for the underdog and he usually gets the short end of the stick.

Speaking of sticks I lol'd at the close-up of Siggy's personal phallic symbol when Diana paused to say..."everything". Though I'm positive I'm the only one who's mind went to the gutter at that line.

The art was enjoyable the mirror duplicates were appropriately menacing and I liked Diana's lavender earmuffs but wondered why she needed to wear them. When she asked Boston about his ability to feel cold, the elephant in the room was her own vulnerability to temperature extremes.

Purposely didn't read the back-up, saving it for dessert after finishing Wonder Girl #6.

Incredible Member

I really loved this issue!

I enjoyed a relatively slow issue that seemed to focus on relationship building. Everyone has mentioned how great Diana/Boston are, but I also loved the little interaction between Etta/Steve. I liked Etta giving Steve Diana's number, and I liked Steve and Diana missing each other. Even Diana/Siggy got a lot of great relationship building.

Seeing multiple Wonder Women flying over the sky was terrifying.

"We need more time!" Was that supposed to be a reference to the 2017 film?

I liked the Image Maker's design, and I like how they are using Dr. Psycho.

Diana mentioned Hippolyta wanting her to return to Themyscira. Is Hippolyta even there? I thought she was still on the Justice League.

I can't wait to see this story unfold.

I really like this number.

I enjoy how CloonRad builds the different story arcs. The moments where they take their time between Diana and Boston or Steve and Etta are great.
    Did the Good Doctor communicate with Siegfried at the end? is another story arc for after the Trial? What a hook!
    I also like how Hippolyta is aware of everything asking Diana to return to Themyscira.
    I like Takara's art especially for this story, but I miss Travis Moore.
    Finally the back up story lays the foundations for the great event and Artemis and the Bana shine here. I believe that since Perez there has not been a creative team with a long-term perspective and opening so many fronts at the same time.
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 12-15-2021 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I really loved this issue!

I enjoyed a relatively slow issue that seemed to focus on relationship building. Everyone has mentioned how great Diana/Boston are, but I also loved the little interaction between Etta/Steve. I liked Etta giving Steve Diana's number, and I liked Steve and Diana missing each other. Even Diana/Siggy got a lot of great relationship building.

Seeing multiple Wonder Women flying over the sky was terrifying.

"We need more time!" Was that supposed to be a reference to the 2017 film?

I liked the Image Maker's design, and I like how they are using Dr. Psycho.

Diana mentioned Hippolyta wanting her to return to Themyscira. Is Hippolyta even there? I thought she was still on the Justice League.

I can't wait to see this story unfold.
    Hippolyta is in the League and at the same time very well informed about everything, commanding Cassie, Donna and Diana. Therefore she is The Queen

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Hippolyta is in the League and at the same time very well informed about everything, commanding Cassie, Donna and Diana. Therefore she is The Queen
    Thank you. I don't read Justice League, but I am reading Nubia. I was confused as I don't remember seeing Hippolyta in those issues.

That back-up was everything! We should reclaim "Amazons Attack!" turn a negative into a positive, when it was said in this issue it was right on time!

ARTEMIS TRIUMPHANT 3.jpg

I think Image Maker and his glass Wonder Women would be such a cool visual in a movie. Enjoyed this installment more for the art than anything else. The artist’s style is growing on me.

I haven’t begun to read the backup yet.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.