Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 298
  1. #271
    Incredible Member The Frog Bros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Otisburg
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superman chucking a batarang and talking shit to Faust looks pretty great.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

  2. #272
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I enjoyed this issue a lot more than the first two

    Superman and Batman feel a bit more like characters (instead of statements) finally and I'm enjoying their relationship more (reminds me more of his JLA days). Supes "not believing in hell" was nice. The plot is moving and the twist at the end worked well and left me waiting for more. I also think Waid's balanced the Silver Age über-zaniness a bit better here. I still think Nezha himself falls a bit flat and that the exposition is a bit too much in places (I also would have prefered Robin and Supergirl to stay in the present instead of going into a little detour away from the good stuff), but at least I'm interested now in what Waid is doing.

    Also, corrupted versions of Hal Jordan could form their own league at this point, given how common they are getting lol

    NOTE: Does Diana have her clay origin back or is that just villain talk? They also mention it in her ongoing.
    Last edited by Zagre; 05-17-2022 at 05:04 AM.

  3. #273
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    This is basically a Robin title, Waid's way more interested in him than either Bruce and Clark...and I get why, given the big push Dick is getting at DC to lead and mentor the next generation.

  4. #274
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This is basically a Robin title, Waid's way more interested in him than either Bruce and Clark...and I get why, given the big push Dick is getting at DC to lead and mentor the next generation.
    LOL. What are you talking about? Did you read the first two issues? I haven't read #3 yet but Robin is not the focus of #1 & #2. Hell Doom Patrol gets as much focus in #2 as Robin does. Even Billy Batson gets some screen time. Oh wait, then there's Kara too. This IS NOT a Robin title.

  5. #275

    Default

    How old is Kara in this? The authors said Dick is like 17-18 and he and Kara had a thing, so I assume she's the same age

  6. #276
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceofPride View Post
    How old is Kara in this? The authors said Dick is like 17-18 and he and Kara had a thing, so I assume she's the same age
    She looks 17-18 ish, maybe even 16.

  7. #277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks 17-18 ish, maybe even 16.
    Why do you say that or even 16?
    Is there any indication of her age

  8. #278
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    4,263

    Default

    I have come with the idea than now we know why Supergirl never joined the Teen Titans: Robin didn't wanted her in the team.
    "I used to be with 'it', but then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it' anymore and what’s 'it' seems weird and scary. It'll happen to you!"

  9. #279
    Ultimate Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,048

    Default

    Another great issue! Waid is nailing the banter/friendship between Batman and Supes. I loved the “Superman doesn’t believe in hell line.”

    It’s always nice when an actual fan of Superman is writing the World’s Finest team up. Superman is given a great personality and is shown to be effective. I hate when he’s made to look like a naive idiot and gets shown up by the amazing all knowing Batman.

    Getting to see the classic Doom Patrol again is always amazing!


    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I have come with the idea than now we know why Supergirl never joined the Teen Titans: Robin didn't wanted her in the team.
    I’m glad Kara is teaming up with Robin in the side quest. She’s usually left out of Dick’s generation of heroes. All of them know each other and treat one another like family, but Kara is never included. I guess that initially falling out between her and Robin happened right as he was forming the Titans.

    I do wish DC would reestablish the friendship of Supergirl and Batgirl.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-17-2022 at 05:55 PM.

  10. #280
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,473

    Default

    Good issue. At first I thought it was a little Tower of Babel lite to have the Devil use Batman’s JL files against the heroes… and then I remembered that Waid is the one who wrote Tower of Babel, so fair enough . I liked that both Superman and Batman contributed to rescuing the other, Superman saving them from “Hell”, Batman rescuing Supes from the mirror.

    Y’know if they’re not going to get Way back to do more Doom Patrol, maybe they should give it to Waid? He would do a mix of classic Doom Patrol and the Morrison DP in a way that might make that team easier for people to get into (and unlike Way he can get his scripts in on time). I like his voice for them in this and wouldn’t mind reading more. Supergirl and Robin continue to be a fun duo just like their counterparts.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  11. #281
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I'm loving this book so much. Just a couple of thoughts on the costumes; I like that Kara is wearing shorts, and it's kinda weird seeing Barry in a Wally/New 52 hybrid look when everyone else is rocking their classic looks.

  12. #282
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I do wish DC would reestablish the friendship of Supergirl and Batgirl.
    That happened in Rebirth, but they haven't done much with it in Infinite Frontier.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I'm loving this book so much. Just a couple of thoughts on the costumes; I like that Kara is wearing shorts, and it's kinda weird seeing Barry in a Wally/New 52 hybrid look when everyone else is rocking their classic looks.
    Hey, if that's what they need to justify the skirt, all power to them .

  13. #283
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I enjoyed this issue a lot more than the first two

    Superman and Batman feel a bit more like characters (instead of statements) finally and I'm enjoying their relationship more (reminds me more of his JLA days). Supes "not believing in hell" was nice. The plot is moving and the twist at the end worked well and left me waiting for more. I also think Waid's balanced the Silver Age über-zaniness a bit better here. I still think Nezha himself falls a bit flat and that the exposition is a bit too much in places (I also would have prefered Robin and Supergirl to stay in the present instead of going into a little detour away from the good stuff), but at least I'm interested now in what Waid is doing.

    Also, corrupted versions of Hal Jordan could form their own league at this point, given how common they are getting lol

    NOTE: Does Diana have her clay origin back or is that just villain talk? They also mention it in her ongoing.
    “Everything happened” so writers can reference it, but this is explicitly the “retro” book that takes place in the past. You’re never going to see Diana in her classic costume again, I don’t think she ever even wore her classic costume in Rucka’s origin, but she is in it here because it fits better with what the book is aiming for. Don’t take this book as a signifier of what is and isn’t canon, it’s just DC letting Waid play with the toys how he wants to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  14. #284
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    “Everything happened” so writers can reference it, but this is explicitly the “retro” book that takes place in the past. You’re never going to see Diana in her classic costume again, I don’t think she ever even wore her classic costume in Rucka’s origin, but she is in it here because it fits better with what the book is aiming for. Don’t take this book as a signifier of what is and isn’t canon, it’s just DC letting Waid play with the toys how he wants to.
    It appeared in a splash of past images in the initial Rebirth issue, but that's about it.

  15. #285
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    4,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    NOTE: Does Diana have her clay origin back or is that just villain talk? They also mention it in her ongoing.
    Could be. However considering the nature of Wonder Woman and her ties to the greek myths, I would not rule out the Zeus paternity. She could had been born of the clay and still be a daughter of Zeus. Just ask for Erichthonius.
    "I used to be with 'it', but then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it' anymore and what’s 'it' seems weird and scary. It'll happen to you!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •