Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #12 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Kara acting like it's so natural to immediately ask Dick Grayson out .

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kara acting like it's so natural to immediately ask Dick Grayson out .
    If only all Earth girls were like that

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #15

Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant covers by DANIEL SAMPERE and BRUNO REDONDO
    1:25 variant cover by WALTER SIMONSON and LAURA MARTIN
    1:50 variant cover by NIKOLAS DRAPER-IVEY
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/16/23
    The rise of Ultra-Morpho!
    Years ago, Professor Anthony Ivo built Amazo, a killer android who could duplicate the powers of the Justice League. But now an even deadlier android stalks the DC Universe: Ultra-Morpho! Able to transform into any element, including Kryptonite, Ultra-Morpho can kill Batman, Superman, Robin, and Metamorpho in one fell swoop! But who created him? Who does he work for? And what has he done to Will Magnus, inventor of the Metal Men?!
    I have to admit, I have no clue what the twist for this is going to be. I’m assuming there is one because otherwise it’s so straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Lupacchino drawing this is perfect lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Can't wait for Ultra-Morpho .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Actually it's been a shame that Mark Waid was gone from DC this long . I mean, Kingdom Come , his very long Flash run , and Birthright and many more that I can't remember off hand. I guess that he left probably due to DiDio , but man Waid has so much left to tell in the Superman Mythos, that it would be criminal if he didn't get to write Superman properly for a nice long run . So far I can't complain about what he's done since coming back. I do hope he stays for a long while.
    What he is doing so far seem successful enough for him to stick around for long and getting more projects. BM/SM is one of the best and enjoyable series published by DC right now, imo. His Shazam! seems so much fun too.

Love the variants for the May issue:

Last edited by Vordan; 02-18-2023 at 12:32 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    What he is doing so far seem successful enough for him to stick around for long and getting more projects. BM/SM is one of the best and enjoyable series published by DC right now, imo. His Shazam! seems so much fun too.
    Its rather impressive how he's came back to prominence again. I'm not sure if his Marvel tenure before was as well-received compared to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its rather impressive how he's came back to prominence again. I'm not sure if his Marvel tenure before was as well-received compared to now.
    Daredevil was very well-received from what I recall? Although Miller purists hated the lighter tone. He had a few successes at Marvel, but also some high profiles failures such as Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    He started strong with Fantastic Four after the promising Captain America run. His Daredevil run with a lighter tone showed than Matt had not to be that dark to work. But his last works at Marvel, Dr. Strange and Avengers and Champions were not that well received.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    He started strong with Fantastic Four after the promising Captain America run. His Daredevil run with a lighter tone showed than Matt had not to be that dark to work. But his last works at Marvel, Dr. Strange and Avengers and Champions were not that well received.
    I can see the issue with his Champions run and Spider-Man but he had the best modern Dr. Strange run before Jed Mackay.

Yeah I remember his Strange being well received. But he struck out on the big team tentpole books, which isn’t really a surprise. Both starred new teen characters and Waid by his own admission struggles to care for anyone introduced after Firestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I'd generally agree with this assessment of Waid's Marvel career. His first Captain America run, Fantastic Four and Daredevil were well received with both the fans and critics. But towards the end of his Marvel career, his work ranged from average to mediocre and dull. Indestructible Hulk was very unpopular amongst Hulk fans for its simplistic characterisation of the Hulk, his Avengers run is barely memorable and his Champions failed to capitalise on the social issues of the time he was writing in. Waid's last year of DC work has been vastly superior to his post Daredevil career at Marvel. World's Finest sells strongly, and more than a few social media posts praise it as the best comic DC is currently publishing. If I told a 10 years younger version of myself that I'd be buying Mark Waid's comics again, the younger me wouldn't have believed the current me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Lupacchino's art was great and really fit the tone. As far as first dates go, I think it could have gone worse
    Nice to see them be such self-conscious teens outside of a life-or-death high-stress situation.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Lupacchino's art was great and really fit the tone. As far as first dates go, I think it could have gone worse
    Nice to see them be such self-conscious teens outside of a life-or-death high-stress situation.
    This was a fun issue. I love one and done stories like this from time to time.