Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1131

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think they’re new characters since Batman said that not every hero was a doppelgänger of Earth 0.

They seemed like Spider-Man, Ghost Rider/Were-wolf by Night, and Black Panther (Gold Leopard?). Maybe some Marvel bleed over from Earth 6.
    Earth 8 you mean.

Anyway, at least "Gold Leopard" seems familiar from somewhere. As if I saw before somewhere else.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I think they’re new characters since Batman said that not every hero was a doppelgänger of Earth 0.

They seemed like Spider-Man, Ghost Rider/Were-wolf by Night, and Black Panther (Gold Leopard?). Maybe some Marvel bleed over from Earth 6.
    I think Gold Leopard is more White Tiger inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They might be new characters with connections to existing characters. For example- gold Spider could be related to black spider.
    Most probably. Gold Leopard could be related to Cheetah.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    By the way, who do you think are these people:
    Attachment 136349
    Discarded/never used Ross designs for Kingdom Come?, Hints to things to comein the series? Just throwaway characters?
    Its incredible how hard these designs go.

Mora makes everything pop in the best way possible.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Am I the only one who thought it's the most 00's Marvel character of all: Spider-Penance.

Seriously, that is 100% a Spider-Man inspired drawing and now want Mora on Spidey. Or Ben.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Nah, Mora is good where he is right now.

Mora leaving DC will be a very big blow to DC.

Most probably. Gold Leopard could be related to Cheetah.
    Yeah- I was thinking Yolanda Montez aka Wildcat II or Pantha myself.

Amazing Member

5af00b1b-907a-4b42-87e9-8dcfe3523955.jpg

Dan Mora says they are new heroes from Costa Rica

Quote Originally Posted by thanatoskun View Post

Ok thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by thanatoskun View Post

That's cool .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mora leaving DC will be a very big blow to DC.
    He’s the new Ivan Reis, good and fast. If DC hasn’t gotten him under an exclusive by now they are utter fools. Desperately want him to do a run on the main Superman title at some point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It was similar but Waid added a few twists.

In JSA, Gog was an Old God of the Third World but I don’t recall them mentioning that he didn’t take a side in the Ragnarok battle and that he was banished for not doing so.

His motivation is interesting as he is attempting to recreate the event so he can heroically die in the god battle and take his place in Valhalla. Something he feels he was robbed of. Seemingly noble intentions but ultimately self serving.

I mentioned this in another thread but Gog definitely has a Thanos vibe. Gog sitting on Metron’s Mobius Chair is significant because when Jim Starlin first created Thanos he initially based him off of Metron. He was a skinny guy riding around in a throne before it was suggested to bulk him up like Darkseid.
    This is not very related to this series, but I always wondered how exactly Third World works in DC's mythology considering that all the Norse and Greek and other gods are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This is not very related to this series, but I always wondered how exactly Third World works in DC's mythology considering that all the Norse and Greek and other gods are still around.
    Kirby hinted that the “Third World” was the Asgardian gods, in line with his original plan to have the New Gods replace Thor over at Marvel. “Official” canon at one point was the Third World was a bunch of nondescript alien gods. My preference is that the Third World was the Greek/Roman/Aztec/etc pantheons and what we see today are mere echoes/ghosts of what the Old Gods were at their peak. Would go a long way to explaining why the Old Gods don’t intervene to the extent they used to anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    To add a wrinkle to this, The gods (old and new) all exist beyond time.