Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Terrible issue as usual regarding WW stuff. This man keeps using her when he doesn0t even like her. Can i ask why?
    You mean the single page of some of her villains showing up?

Kind of making a mountain out of molehill don't ya think?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

It is a legitimately annoying use of something from her IP, and Waid is definitely iffy on his use of Diana. Which comes as no surprise since we're revisiting KC

But it's also old news since we already saw the full extent of their cameo in the preview

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Funny bit to think about. Had Atom-Smasher tried that kryptonite trap on her universe's Superman, it would have gone really bad. Since KC Superman had already evolved to becoming powerful enough that the Kryptonite weakness doesn't affect him anymore.

So David managed to grow older and become Thunderman, clearly becoming stronger. Impressively this means we'll finally get that Superman vs Magog fight after all this time, after the original Magog surrender in Kingdom Come because he fell into despair by the time Superman finally confronted him.

I'm very curious to see David interacting with post character development Magog, and I also wonder how their origin align if KC Magog presumably has the same start as David.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Not when he has been consistently treating WW and her lore like jokes for many years.

Some Wonder Woman fans use to do that all the time. Once I visited the WW forum and asked a question. I have never returned there again. Never will go again.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Some Wonder Woman fans use to do that all the time. Once I visited the WW forum and asked a question. I have never returned there again. Never will go again.
    Complaining that WW fans complain about things they have a legit reason to complain?

At least it was nice to have Dan Mora draw Villainy Inc...

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Complaining that WW fans complain about things they have a legit reason to complain?
    Complaining excesive agressive attittude of some fans when things don't go as they would like. Something than all fans had to live to, but some fans choose to be unnecesary agressive to others when they are questioning about it.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 10-17-2023 at 10:20 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I also really like that this adventure is set before Booster Gold shows up. I love that it gives us a vague sense of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid is back on his game again! God Mora is so damn good, those pages of the Multiverse were engrossing, and I love his Thunderman costume. Totally 90s yet somehow still looks cool. Heh I liked how Clark and Bruce had different orders at Planet Krypton compared to their KC counterparts. That was a nice way of signaling the differences between the two. What is the implication of KC not knowing anything about the Multiverse I wonder? Gog is a Multiversal entity perhaps? Thunderman is already trying to kill/hurt Clark, good! I'm looking forward to the fight, and what makes David start going by Magog.

Reminds me of the Red Hood design from UTRH and it sells the hell out of Magog being Superman’s equivalent.
    Yeah it’s a great costume design. Definitely nailed the look of a classic superhero costume that got an ”extreme” 90s makeover.

Waid totally trying to make David/Thunderman into Superman’s version of Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah it’s a great costume design. Definitely nailed the look of a classic superhero costume that got an ”extreme” 90s makeover.

Waid totally trying to make David/Thunderman into Superman’s version of Red Hood.
    Somehow he managed to make me care about this character, too bad that Magog can’t serve as an ongoing problem for our Superman. Waid’s made him a Mr. Freeze type bad guy where you feel sorry for him, but he’s not a villain you can use in an ongoing capacity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Anyone else a bit confused by just when this story is set as far as the main Earth? The opening two pages felt like Barry's mapping after Dark Crisis but then when we see Superman and Batman it felt earlier in their careers (the same vague Silver Age the other issues are set in).

And Superman's face in the panel where he is told David was found was disturbing.
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 10-18-2023 at 11:00 PM.

Yeah I also thought the opening two pages were after Dark Crisis, I was confused.

World’s Finest is set at some point in the past. Back when Dick Grayson was still Robin to be exact. It’s set on Earth 0 and is canon however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    World’s Finest is set at some point in the past. Back when Dick Grayson was still Robin to be exact. It’s set on Earth 0 and is canon however.
    I knew the prior tales were set in that past and would have assumed the same about this arc as well, except that stuff with Barry charting the multiverse seemed right out of the post-Dark Crisis special. Not sure just how the Pre-Crisis multiverse fits into Earth-0 now but Barry mapping out the 52 worlds that existed before the whole Metal fiasco didn't seem to be any major chore to do. Could be Waid is treating his booj as sort of Pre-Crisis where Barry is mapping out a multiverse existing before Earth-0 had it's COIE. But those two pages just seemed too "on the nose" of the current Flash setup for a story set in the past.