Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

nice issue liked the Gordon and Superman interactions between him hearing the cape and getting the idea of the signal. Bruce figuring out Clark identity is pretty good luckily he is richer than Lex. The opponent if this issue I don't remember him, guess I diidnt watch his episodes as a kid.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

It’s better than Byrne’s first meeting, but I actually prefer the Jurgens Dark Knight Over Metropolis story. At least in that one Superman gets a win over Batman by figuring out Batman’s identity himself whereas Batman has to spell it out for him here. So far Clark has just been the muscle while Batman has been the brains. And Jax-Ur? Why? He’s pretty lame, his DCAU incarnation was just a stand-in for Zod since they couldn’t use Zod. Would’ve preferred Xa-Du or just straight up using Zod himself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s better than Byrne’s first meeting, but I actually prefer the Jurgens Dark Knight Over Metropolis story. At least in that one Superman gets a win over Batman by figuring out Batman’s identity himself whereas Batman has to spell it out for him here. So far Clark has just been the muscle while Batman has been the brains. And Jax-Ur? Why? He’s pretty lame, his DCAU incarnation was just a stand-in for Zod since they couldn’t use Zod. Would’ve preferred Xa-Du or just straight up using Zod himself.
    what was the reason for that?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    what was the reason for that?
    Post-Crisis mandate that Superman had to be the only Kryptonian. It’s why DCAU Supergirl is from a sister planet and not Krypton, they had to pay lip service to Superman being the Last Son of Krypton. In practical terms she was just Kara, and by the end of the DCAU I think they even soft retconned her into being Kara Zor-El instead of Kara In-Ze.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #21

Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    1:25 variant cover by SANFORD GREENE
    1:50 variant cover by MIRKO COLAK
    DC Holiday Card Special Edition variant cover by CRYSTAL KUNG ($5.99 US)
    McFarlane Action Figure variant
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/21/23
    Superman and Batman, having followed Boy Thunder to Kingdom Come, find themselves and that world on a path to an apocalyptic future. Can the World’s Finest team prevent the transformation of Boy Thunder into the villainous Magog, or is his fate sealed?
    Hope this gets the book back to the previous level of enjoyment for me. I would like Clark to fail here, and have Boy Thunder become Magog, but my fear is that Waid won’t allow Superman to fail on any serious level.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hope this gets the book back to the previous level of enjoyment for me. I would like Clark to fail here, and have Boy Thunder become Magog, but my fear is that Waid won’t allow Superman to fail on any serious level.
    Something something...multiverse!!!

nvr mind the spoil tag isn't working so I don't want to spoil

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #19 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Travis Moore

Is Waid using Jax-Ur because he didn't want to do another Zod story?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Using the bulky Zod-esque TAS design for Jax-Ur is odd when Waid seems to be sticking with the mad scientist persona, which I always thought was better suited to the thin old man in the Byrne Krypton robes.

However, Waid is a traditionalist and OG Jax-Ur was definitely on the heavier side...

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #22

Written by MARK WAID

Art and cover by DAN MORA

Variant cover by JEROME OPEÑA

1:25 variant cover by GERALD PAREL

1:50 variant cover by TRAVIS CHAREST

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL

$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 12/19/23

Trapped in the universe of Kingdom Come, the World’s Finest heroes encounter skewed versions of their friends—a team calling itself the Justice Battalion! Can Batman and Superman prevent Boy Thunder from fulfilling his destiny and becoming the bloodthirsty Magog?
    This needs to end with Clark failing and David becoming Magog. The DCU does not need another troubled anti-hero, nor does the Superfamily need another member. C’mon Waid, resist your worst impulses to have Supes never fail. Magog is finally a villain with potential, don’t screw it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Waid using Jax-Ur because he didn't want to do another Zod story?
    And instead he uses diet Zod. Brilliant. No one cares about the PZ Gluppo Shittos from the Silver Age Mark.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Was the Amazo arc not a failure? I didn't buy the last issue because I've been waiting to hear that Waid is making it more of a Superman Batman balance

And I like Jax, lol. Superman #205 was a huge highlight for the silver age
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Was the Amazo arc not a failure? I didn't buy the last issue because I've been waiting to hear that Waid is making it more of a Superman Batman balance

And I like Jax, lol. Superman #205 was a huge highlight for the silver age
    It was a failure for Waid insofar as it was a bore to read. Mora kicked ass on art. I’m talking about Clark desperately trying to save someone and coming up short, not losing a fight or what have you. One happens all the time, the other not so much.

Edit: Only two PZ prisoners I care about as individuals are Zod and Xa-Du (Ursa and Lor are a package deal with Zod imo). Jax isn’t interesting. He’s either diet Zod or another evil mad scientist, and Supes has plenty of those.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-16-2023 at 04:56 PM.

I dunno about "failure" I think quite a few people still liked the Amazo arc.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I don't mean the comic itself fails, I mean the story ended up as an episode of Brave and the Bold.

But then again the WF brand has always leaned closer to Batman imo.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES