Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Two big tidbits that are relevant for the Superman forum:
    -There’s something upcoming that’s going to feature more DC characters that were created during the period when Waid wasn’t working at DC (guessing that’s the rumored 2023 magic event)
    -Waid talked to Gene Yang about writing the Devil Nezha, cool to hear that those two talked. I’m glad people are going to Yang for help writing Chinese characters and that’s he’s generous enough to help out
    I just love the idea of Waid and Yang talking to each other .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just love the idea of Waid and Yang talking to each other .
    Definitely wouldn’t mind hearing those two talk about Superman (and Batman).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks like the Superman/Batman fusion form is going to show up in Dark Crisis:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #7 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

Multiversal Superman analogue? Kind of a dime-a-dozen.

But hey, Vicki Vale and Angela Chen .

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST #10
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by DAN SCHOENING
    1:25 variant cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    1:50 variant cover by A.L. KAPLAN
    Holiday variant cover by DAN MORA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 12/20/22
    The deadly duo of The Joker and the Key have twisted the increasingly powerful Boy Thunder into a walking time bomb of destructive power! Batman and Superman's quest to guide young David toward the light takes an unexpected turn when the Teen Titans learn of the dark secret he's been hiding from the World's Finest! The Titans issue their ultimatum—tell Superman and Batman, or they will!

I wish Conner could get the waid/mora treatment ,I loved when he showed up in the old batman /superman series when lex was president and nuts and the toy man story
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Love this cover. Don’t have a clue who the silhouette is though.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I wish Conner could get the waid/mora treatment ,I loved when he showed up in the old batman /superman series when lex was president and nuts and the toy man story
    Unfortunately I doubt Waid has any affection for Conner. He’s said before that anyone who debuted after Firestorm isn’t usually a character he cares all that much about. I’m hoping Mora will do a variant for the upcoming Superboy series however.

Love this cover. Don’t have a clue who the silhouette is though.

Unfortunately I doubt Waid has any affection for Conner. He’s said before that anyone who debuted after Firestorm isn’t usually a character he cares all that much about. I’m hoping Mora will do a variant for the upcoming Superboy series however.

baby images free download for mobile
    He already did this cover with Conner on it
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

baby images free download for mobile
    He already did this cover with Conner on it
    Yep I saw that but all the same I’d like him to do a solo Conner variant. I’m greedy that way

Yep I saw that but all the same I’d like him to do a solo Conner variant. I’m greedy that way

Absolutely ,totally agree

Incredible Member

This continues to be a very well done "feel good" adventure series. Love seeing these characters at their best with such a good hand on the writing.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

This is my favorite DC book right now!

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

David's Boy Thunder's costume is inspired by The Nova, a superhero identity with an interesting history. Originally featured in an AU Pre-Crisis story in World's Finest where Superman lost his powers but continued to fight crime under a new identity, Nova inspired by Batman and Robin.

Post Crisis, the Nova was reimagined as an in-universe campy TV and later darker film superhero called Courageous Man played by an actor named Buster Caine who was referenced once in Newstime: The Life and Death of the Man of Steel, a one-shot that was done in the style of a news magazine with articles and columns coming out in the wake of the Death of Superman. A new version of the character appeared in the 2006-2007 mini-series 52 as a mysterious superhero named Supernova.

I remember a modern take on the pre-crisis story appeared in one of the issues of the Superman/Batman series where Superman temporarily lost his powers so he had to fight crime in a power suit provided by Batman that looked like the Nova outfit.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Mora’s take on the Fortress is pretty cool, I like seeing all the trophies in the background:

Solid start to this next arc. I’m betting Joker killed Earth 0 David, but I am curious how The Key is going to figure into all this. Who was he starving at the end?