Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Wasn't expecting some Metamorpho, but I'll take it .

Don’t think Waid has ever written Darkseid, would be cool to see his take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t think Waid has ever written Darkseid, would be cool to see his take.
    Huh! That's kind of weird, come to think of it.

I've read a few Waid DC but I'm wracking my brain trying to remember if Darkseid ever showed up in any of them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m guessing Mr. Nobody will show up here like the Kal-El Returns Waid story teased, but otherwise I have no clue what this arc entails. I’m surprised Waid has held back thus far on Superman Rogues, I would have figured he’d use more of them by now.
    To be fair the first arc centered on Nezha (who is an original character, plus an appaerance by Metallo). And if your theory is correct, I guess you could consider David and who he becomes one of "superman's rogues".

Dan Mora is workhorse, I'm amazed he can't keep this schedule and do all the covers and ariants he does (for this series and others). Plus Shazam next year? I'm genuinely baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh! That's kind of weird, come to think of it.

I've read a few Waid DC but I'm wracking my brain trying to remember if Darkseid ever showed up in any of them.
    Never really wrote a book where it would make sense for Darkseid to show up. He did some fill ins on JLA but never a full proper run, never did Superman despite really wanting to. This book offers the opportunity to bring Darkseid in, he has strong ties to both of the leads after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    To be fair the first arc centered on Nezha (who is an original character, plus an appaerance by Metallo). And if your theory is correct, I guess you could consider David and who he becomes one of "superman's rogues".

Dan Mora is workhorse, I'm amazed he can't keep this schedule and do all the covers and ariants he does (for this series and others). Plus Shazam next year? I'm genuinely baffled.
    I was expecting the book to follow in the footsteps of the Poison Ivy/Metallo teamup, every arc has a Batman and Superman villain working together, but that hasn’t been the case. It’s true if David is who he seems to be that the second arc technically is connecting a Superman Rogue and a Batman Rogue however. Maybe part of the reason Waid has held back is both because he has Testament coming which I wager will feature Brainiac given that’s the guy Waid badly wants to revamp, and because the other Rogues are all being used right now elsewhere. PKJ has Metallo, Williamson has Parasite, Livewire, and Silver Banshee, Zdarsky is using Toyman in the Batman backups, not a lot of options. Zod is the biggest villain that’s available and I am curious if Waid will use him in this book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Uh hey so Bleedingcool has already posted Boy Thunder’s identity. So probably best to dodge the internet if you don’t want the reveal spoiled for you.

If you don’t care then just be nice to those who don’t and put discussions in spoil boxes
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    It's kind of useless retcon, to be honest. I mean, it's not like Magog didn't have enough motivation to kill The Joker in Kingdom Come.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Uh hey so Bleedingcool has already posted Boy Thunder’s identity. So probably best to dodge the internet if you don’t want the reveal spoiled for you.

If you don’t care then just be nice to those who don’t and put discussions in spoil boxes
    spoilers:
    I'm wondering if Waid would do more with Boy Thunder in the future. There's a huge gap between Boy Thunder and Magog so bridging it could be a future story.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    spoilers:
    It's kind of useless retcon, to be honest. I mean, it's not like Magog didn't have enough motivation to kill The Joker in Kingdom Come.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah but the Magog in the JSA run was a completely different character then Mark Waid’s. So this is more Waid making his version of Magog canon.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Couldn't resist to look at those pages. I'm reserving my judgement until I read the issue but for now I'll say that

spoilers:
    Mora and Bonvillain can do no wrong. Despite the vastly different style, it's the first time I've read somethign related to Kingome Come that actually feels it belongs to KC's world
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But now it adds additional context to the Superman/Magog feud. There’s a personal relationship between the two now that puts their actions in a different light. Superman ragequitting after everyone sided with Magog over him isn’t just him throwing a temper tantrum, it’s him seeing the kid he tried and failed to mentor grow up as the antithesis to his beliefs. Then said kid replaces him when he’s at his lowest point. There’s a lot more emotional context for his actions now.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Man , now that there's a spoiler on Bleeding Cool . I have to find out , lol .
    Still doesn't take away from enjoying the book .

Hitch seems to be off Venom. Wonder if that means he’s devoting himself to Testament fully? I suspect DC wants it ready to release in 2023 for the 85th Anniversary.

Early massive spoilers for Batman/Superman: World's Finest #10 have leaked:

spoilers:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/mark...worlds-finest/

Vordan if you're reading this, well done man. Your theory on Boy Thunder turning out to be Magog was absolutely spot on and you put the pieces together far more quickly than a lot of fans did. When I read your post, I had a feeling there was a strong likelihood based on all available evidence. Credit to your deductive skills on comic book plot twists.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lvenger; 12-19-2022 at 06:31 AM.

Waid and I see eye to eye about wrath as Superman’s fatal flaw.

And at last we come to the Magog reveal:

This was the first time I was interested in the character since Kingdom Come. Finale will hopefully be a good issue that causes Supes and Magog to go their separate ways while setting up Magog to be a problem for Superman in the future. Hm, given Testament is supposed to be an “all-encompassing” take per Hitch, Magog might show up there again too. He’s Waid’s biggest “addition” to the Super Mythos, wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Waid keep trying cement him in Superman’s Rogues Gallery.