Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Complaining excesive agressive attittude of some fans when things don't go as they would like. Something than all fans had to live to, but some fans choose to be unnecesary agressive to others when they are questioning about it.
    I am not attacking anybody here. Or going personal about anything i say.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Anyone else a bit confused by just when this story is set as far as the main Earth? The opening two pages felt like Barry's mapping after Dark Crisis but then when we see Superman and Batman it felt earlier in their careers (the same vague Silver Age the other issues are set in).

And Superman's face in the panel where he is told David was found was disturbing.
    It definitely ties into that, but with it being mentioned that his treadmill is brand new and just a prototype that might not work well I think it set it in the past well enough.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #23

Written by MARK WAID

Art and cover by DAN MORA

Variant cover by SEBASTIAN FIUMARA

Variant cover by JASON SHAWN ALEXANDER

1:25 variant cover by DAN MORA

1:50 variant cover by MICHAEL WALSH

$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 1/16/24

The walls are closing in on the World’s Finest duo as Boy Thunder falls fully under the thrall of Gog in the universe of Kingdom Come! Superman and Batman race against the clock not only to keep Boy Thunder from becoming Magog—but to save the Multiverse itself!

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST 2024 ANNUAL

Written by MARK WAID, CULLEN BUNN, STEPHANIE WILLIAMS, DENNIS CULVER, and CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL

Art by EDWIN GALMON, ROSI KÄMPE, TRAVIS MERCER, and JORGE FORNES

Cover by DAN MORA

Variant covers by JOHN GIANG and JAMAL CAMPBELL

1:25 variant cover by GERALD PAREL

1:50 variant cover by MARK SPEARS

$4.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 1/30/24

It’s the world’s finest annual! As the battle against Magog rages on Earth-22, Batman and Superman discover a surprising secret by way of the 5th dimension! Meanwhile, Metamorpho’s story picks up after the events of the Elementary arc as our hero journeys deep within an ancient tomb that may have a hidden, deadly connection to his secret origin! Plus, Batman recruits the Challengers of the Unknown for a top-secret mission, and a special, sizzling story stars the Teen Titans’ most buzzworthy member, Bumblebee! It’s a world tour of the World’s Finest in this first-ever series annual, curated by World’s Finest architect Mark Waid!

Waid bringing back the Challengers of the Unknown .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Hey cool Bumblebee story, thats dope.

Cullen Bunn working at DC again is interesting, he was the guy I thought of first when they announced a Zod series. He’s great at villain protagonists and horror. All of those writers on the Annual pique my interest, hope DC is trying recruit them for books.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST 2024 ANNUAL

Written by MARK WAID, CULLEN BUNN, STEPHANIE WILLIAMS, DENNIS CULVER, and CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL

Art by EDWIN GALMON, ROSI KÄMPE, TRAVIS MERCER, and JORGE FORNES

Cover by DAN MORA

Variant covers by JOHN GIANG and JAMAL CAMPBELL

1:25 variant cover by GERALD PAREL

1:50 variant cover by MARK SPEARS

$4.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 1/30/24

It’s the world’s finest annual! As the battle against Magog rages on Earth-22, Batman and Superman discover a surprising secret by way of the 5th dimension! Meanwhile, Metamorpho’s story picks up after the events of the Elementary arc as our hero journeys deep within an ancient tomb that may have a hidden, deadly connection to his secret origin! Plus, Batman recruits the Challengers of the Unknown for a top-secret mission, and a special, sizzling story stars the Teen Titans’ most buzzworthy member, Bumblebee! It’s a world tour of the World’s Finest in this first-ever series annual, curated by World’s Finest architect Mark Waid!

So Waid is going to write the frame story and the other four writers are going to write the stories on the solicitation? Who is going to write which one?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    So Waid is going to write the frame story and the other four writers are going to write the stories on the solicitation? Who is going to write which one?
    Culver is writing the Metamorpho one. Williams is likely writing the Bumblebee one, so that leaves Bunn with the Challengers of the Unknown story.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Why does mark waid keep including Wonder Woman in his stories? He once said he feels he can't do her justice. So why does he use her and her lore? Why can't he just leave her alone?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Why does mark waid keep including Wonder Woman in his stories? He once said he feels he can't do her justice. So why does he use her and her lore? Why can't he just leave her alone?
    Are you still referring to that one page?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Are you still referring to that one page?
    His way to handle the character in general. Not even once he has writen WW well or treated her with respect. Not even once.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    His way to handle the character in general. Not even once he has written WW well or treated her with respect. Not even once.
    I believe he wrote her pretty well in her 800th issue when other writers were contributing their short stories.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hero View Post
    I believe he wrote her pretty well in her 800th issue when other writers were contributing their short stories.
    Why was he even writing a WW story in the WW book? He can't write her even if his life depended on it.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Okay. Well, that's really not even the point of this book so I'd say it's a better question to ask in the WW forum as productive as it may or may not be
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Okay. Well, that's really not even the point of this book so I'd say it's a better question to ask in the WW forum as productive as it may or may not be
    I mean this writer can't even bother to be up to date with her current origin. Mentioning her cla y origin, yet isn't she still a child of Zeus? I hate the origin but still. Can't this ''profesional'' writer do a basic task such as being consistent with the current status quo of the character?