Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's a hilarious way of putting it but there may be a bit of truth in the sense that Didio himself recently brought up how writers really aren't consumers necessarily.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Because that revelation wasn't reveal until the New 52 events happen
    The comic of world's finest where they used the clay origin was in the rebirth era, where they still used zeus child origin in other books.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Because that revelation wasn't reveal until the New 52 events happen
    Diana telling everyone she was born from clay until Cyborg joins the team to fight Darkseid sounds funny and weird at the same.
    "Cable was right!"

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Like Lee in the 90s, Mora has an aesthetic style that makes them want him to just draw everything they want to see. I dig that Superboy #183 reference
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Like Lee in the 90s, Mora has an aesthetic style that makes them want him to just draw everything they want to see. I dig that Superboy #183 reference
    With pages like this Mora definitely deserves to be a household name

The art is fantastic, seeing Barry again is fantastic, spotting all the established Elseworlds is fantastic...but did Waid really need to turn Wonder Woman's Rogues Gallery into chumps!?

Gimme some help cataloguing the Multiverse worlds shown. What're the following from:
    Batman with the electric Bat symbol inbetween Superman Red/Blue and DCAU Batman
    Knight looking Batman with the bat
    Black Pirate looking guy under the above
    Lady Flash on the second page

Everybody else I can ID pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Gimme some help cataloguing the Multiverse worlds shown. What're the following from:
    Batman with the electric Bat symbol inbetween Superman Red/Blue and DCAU Batman
    Knight looking Batman with the bat
    Black Pirate looking guy under the above
    Lady Flash on the second page

Everybody else I can ID pretty easily.
    Future state Batman (no earth # because it was a failure abortion attempt to replace earth 0)

Look to be Jace Fox Batman (Im assuming it the future state version?)

Pirate Batman from Batman Leatherwing Elseworld (no earth #)

Danica William Flash Beyond (Earth 12 same as B:TAS)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The art is fantastic, seeing Barry again is fantastic, spotting all the established Elseworlds is fantastic...but did Waid really need to turn Wonder Woman's Rogues Gallery into chumps!?
    I'm getting serious mixed messages from Waid and Mora throwing in all of these Wonder cameos. Mora gets to draw them, but the writing doesn't treat them that well.

Like, for example, Hal got taken out in the first arc, but not in a way that chumped him (because we know Waid likes Hal). And Waid seems to like Donna a lot. So....wtf is going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm getting serious mixed messages from Waid and Mora throwing in all of these Wonder cameos. Mora gets to draw them, but the writing doesn't treat them that well.

Like, for example, Hal got taken out in the first arc, but not in a way that chumped him (because we know Waid likes Hal). And Waid seems to like Donna a lot. So....wtf is going on here.
    Waid's not much of a villain guy. He'd have probably done the same thing to the entire Rogues team because he doesn't take them seriously.

Future state Batman (no earth # because it was a failure abortion attempt to replace earth 0)

Look to be Jace Fox Batman (Im assuming it the future state version?)

Pirate Batman from Batman Leatherwing Elseworld (no earth #)

Danica William Flash Beyond (Earth 12 same as B:TAS)
    It looks like you're right on the first two. The pirate is the wrong pirate, though- Captain Leatherwing of Earth-31 is on the first page at the bottom. I was talking about the purple masked guy under Jace. He looks like the old character the Black Pirate.

I'm not sure you're right about Danica either, since she's normally drawn in the DCAU style, but I don't have a better suggestion.

EDIT: Yeah, Waid isn't big on most villains. Don't forget he barely used the Rogues in his legendary Flash run and most of their use was killing them off in one fell swoop in Underworld United.

Waid is back on his game again! God Mora is so damn good, those pages of the Multiverse were engrossing, and I love his Thunderman costume. Totally 90s yet somehow still looks cool. Heh I liked how Clark and Bruce had different orders at Planet Krypton compared to their KC counterparts. That was a nice way of signaling the differences between the two. What is the implication of KC not knowing anything about the Multiverse I wonder? Gog is a Multiversal entity perhaps? Thunderman is already trying to kill/hurt Clark, good! I'm looking forward to the fight, and what makes David start going by Magog.

Reminds me of the Red Hood design from UTRH and it sells the hell out of Magog being Superman’s equivalent.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-17-2023 at 10:29 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Yeah, the series had gotten a bit slow for my tastes but we're back.

It's going to be interesting how they transition David from Prime Supes' rival to Earth-22's, I suppose he'll stand against the Superman concept in general.

EDIT: Or maybe there's two of them?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Terrible issue as usual regarding WW stuff. This man keeps using her when he doesn0t even like her. Can i ask why?