Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m guessing that Superman not wanting to be seen as a weapon is how Waid justifies the no kill rule when it comes to other villains, particularly ones like Brainiac that Supes doesn’t think are redeemable. For Lex he justifies it by claiming it’s a result of Superman’s guilt.
    Et tu, Last Days issue #2?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Low blow Kid Thunder, low blow .

Although I love future ways of Clark slipping into being Superman .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I gotta say, wasn’t too sure how much I’d be into revisiting the KC ‘verse but so far I’ve been impressed. Apologies if this is a retread but I like how Clark was calling out Earth 22 Clark for giving up. Also got a kick out of the Planet Krypton restaurant; on the wall in the background it showed Superman Comics #1 and Batman Comics #27 instead of Action and Detective, respectively. Ah, the diff earth jokes.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I love how some alternate costumes are iconic you instantly recognize them.

In this case KC Superman and Batman are so distinct it gives an incredible feeling seeing them standing alongside their prime counterparts.

Interesting detail regarding Gog, I was not expecting to see everyone bow down before him.

How long has he been running the show on Earth 22 and what’s his endgame? The KC counterparts still refuse to kill since David got them to attack our Supes and Bats by calling them murderers, so clearly he and David haven’t quite revealed their true colors just yet. Also the KC counterparts seem dumber than our guys but that just might be my own bias talking. Heh Waid got to kill off the Kents finally, but is he going with them having been dead since before KC Clark became Superman or instead having them die recently? Perhaps that pushed KC Superman towards Gog? Excited to learn more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Boy, I can't wait for the Geoff Johns Magog to show up!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well thats a Hell of a twist.

Did not expect Gog to be in control of the world.

Also found it funny how both Batmen were evenly matched despite KC Batman wearing a power-suit. Guess prime Batman's youth evened things out.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Earth-22 heroes' look "brainwashed" by Gog. I think prime-Earth BM/SM impact to the KC world will be free them of Gog's control.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Earth-22 heroes' look "brainwashed" by Gog. I think prime-Earth BM/SM impact to the KC world will be free them of Gog's control.
    My fear is that Waid is going to do something dumb like say “Gog somehow influenced the heroes actions during Kingdom Come”. My hope is that the “change” Waid mentioned doing where the WF can’t stop the events of KC from happening but still have an impact is that Clark will either somehow get through to David and that’s why he surrenders so easily after Kansas gets nuked, or Clark and Bruce manage to save some of the heroes from the nuke at the end of KC. I don’t think it was ever said how they survived so Waid could retcon it to be Earth 0 Superman and Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Remember how many people were dead at the beginning of the story? Including a lot who should not be dead? I think WF are facing time traveling shenaningans than will make history unfold in the "right" direction.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My fear is that Waid is going to do something dumb like say “Gog somehow influenced the heroes actions during Kingdom Come”. My hope is that the “change” Waid mentioned doing where the WF can’t stop the events of KC from happening but still have an impact is that Clark will either somehow get through to David and that’s why he surrenders so easily after Kansas gets nuked, or Clark and Bruce manage to save some of the heroes from the nuke at the end of KC. I don’t think it was ever said how they survived so Waid could retcon it to be Earth 0 Superman and Batman.
    Yeah, I can see something like you mention. Whatever impact they'll have it won't change the original events, KC was a finite Elseworld and as such isn't meant to be undergo retcons and rewrites like the ongoing comics are.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Remember how many people were dead at the beginning of the story? Including a lot who should not be dead? I think WF are facing time traveling shenaningans than will make history unfold in the "right" direction.
    Apparently that was a flash forward to after the events of Kingdom Come, so those heroes could have passed away because of stuff that happened after the events of Kingdom Come. But yeah I’m leaning towards Supes and Bats saving some of the heroes from the nuke.

Fantastic Member

Waid should have written something original instead of revisiting Kingdom Come again. Just leave the classic stories alone.

Honestly, I'm just surprised that the Johns Gog was used at all. I was expecting Waid to at most sidestep Thy Kingdom Come.

It was a good twist at the end of the issue.

If our Superman and Batman do end up saving Earth 22 from Gog’s control I wonder why the public would still get behind David when he starts dressing like the deposed deity.

Unless the heroes aren’t actually under his control and have truly bought his savior schtick.