Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid and I see eye to eye about wrath as Superman’s fatal flaw.
    On the contrary,anything can be a flaw or strength.Something naturally called virtue can lead to disaster.It depends on where you stand..On flips side,a so called sin may lead to creation.Creation itself requires destruction and vice versa.ofcourse both are mere illusion as truth is, matter and energy simply is..No rhyme or reason..can neither be created nor destroyed.Me going full pseudo daoist mode.never mind the stupid rambling..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

And at last we come to the Magog reveal:

This was the first time I was interested in the character since Kingdom Come. Finale will hopefully be a good issue that causes Supes and Magog to go their separate ways while setting up Magog to be a problem for Superman in the future. Hm, given Testament is supposed to be an “all-encompassing” take per Hitch, Magog might show up there again too. He’s Waid’s biggest “addition” to the Super Mythos, wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Waid keep trying cement him in Superman’s Rogues Gallery.
    I guess this would make Magog Superman’s Jason Todd huh. A failed sidekick who was kidnapped and left scarred by his run in with the Joker.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I guess this would make Magog Superman’s Jason Todd huh. A failed sidekick who was kidnapped and left scarred by his run in with the Joker.
    Magog as Superman’s Red Hood is a take I like a lot, adds a lot of context to how the two interact in Kingdom Come, but I hope Waid has further plans to use him. This is a good origin for building a rivalry/feud between the two, but he needs to show how Magog can work as an ongoing problem if he wants Magog to stick around as one of Superman’s Rogues.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

And at last we come to the Magog reveal:

This was the first time I was interested in the character since Kingdom Come. Finale will hopefully be a good issue that causes Supes and Magog to go their separate ways while setting up Magog to be a problem for Superman in the future. Hm, given Testament is supposed to be an “all-encompassing” take per Hitch, Magog might show up there again too. He’s Waid’s biggest “addition” to the Super Mythos, wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Waid keep trying cement him in Superman’s Rogues Gallery.
    Sounds like Waid wants to continue using Magog, but not necessarily in specific Kingdom Come context per se.

"I haven’t decided yet," Waid tells Newsarama when asked if we're looking at the rise of the specific Kingdom Come version of Magog, or something else, specifically confirming that Boy Thunder's home reality is not that of Kingdom Come, which has been designated Earth-22.

Whichever way the story goes, Waid himself doesn't seem to be too keen on revisiting Kingdom Come directly...

Still, when talking about his other current DC title Batman Vs. Robin, Waid states that he's got more Magog in the works.

"He will not [appear in the upcoming Lazarus Planet event]," Waid states. "But that doesn't mean I'm done with him."
    Will be curious to see how he continues to develop as a character then. I think it'd be pretty interesting to see how his character arc leads to something other than the KC future.

https://www.gamesradar.com/boy-thund...e-dc-universe/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Morrison's take on The Key, Magog, Superman with a ponytail... 90s nostalgia meets 60s nostalgia in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Sounds like Waid wants to continue using Magog, but not necessarily in specific Kingdom Come context per se.

Will be curious to see how he continues to develop as a character then. I think it'd be pretty interesting to see how his character arc leads to something other than the KC future.

https://www.gamesradar.com/boy-thund...e-dc-universe/
    I definitely want to see more done with Magog beyond this initial arc. Finally has a solid foundation, let’s keep building on it. Really hope he’s not the Magog from the KC Earth, although they should both have the same background, keep him as Earth 0’s Magog.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

WOW! Another stellar issue by Waid, Mora and the rest of the creative team. I mean, damn. I need at least a Teen Titans min by them sooner than later. How about 6 issues re-telling the Teen Titans history in the current DCU? From their origin through the Mr. Jupiter era and the Disco era and the NTT era up to the Rebirth Titans Hunt.

Congrats to Vordan for figuring it out .

Does anyone even remember New 52 Magog...

Ah I missed that Waid specifically confirmed his home reality is not the KC Earth. Good, that should mean he sticks around on Earth 0.

If anyone can make him work in the present-day DCU, it's his creator.

Spectacular Member

In just two panels, mark waid managed to turn Magog into a foreign concept for this character…interesting

I don't see magog as a rogue,I see him as a anti hero,like Jason,and in black adam when he is playing hero.

He can be DCs Punisher
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If anyone can make him work in the present-day DCU, it's his creator.
    I think Ross created him, Waid just wrote the words.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think Ross created him, Waid just wrote the words.
    Well, that's almost 50% of a character .

From what I remember they both worked together on Magog’s design and character, making him the embodiment of everything they hated about 90s heroes, only to end up liking him and thinking he was kind of cool