Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

This may be one of those needlessly nerdy questions that thinks about things too hard, but why would a magic-based villain like Lord Satanus use Red Kryptonite to affect Superman when they can use magic to achieve similar results?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    This may be one of those needlessly nerdy questions that thinks about things too hard, but why would a magic-based villain like Lord Satanus use Red Kryptonite to affect Superman when they can use magic to achieve similar results?
    This is something I've used in a short thing I did for fun, but why don't wizards ever enchant Kryptonite to really screw him over?

It seems like a dream villainous chocolate and peanut butter situation.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This is something I've used in a short thing I did for fun, but why don't wizards ever enchant Kryptonite to really screw him over?

It seems like a dream villainous chocolate and peanut butter situation.
    Isn't that kind of like how Post-Crisis Red Kryptonite came into existence?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

This isn't a variant for this run ('least I don't think so) but cool nonetheless...

20220127_114639.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    If I was going to attack Superman I would bring weapons of a wide variety that can hurt him rather than just one type. But I doubt it’s Satanus, I think waid would use Mxy if he wanted a magic antagonist
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Looks like the OG Kara Zor-El has indeed been reinserted back into continuity. About time. It always felt $#!++y to me that both Clark & Conner's deaths & resurrections got remembered and memorialized in Metropolis Park, but Kara's own death & resurrection got forgotten by pointless time shenanigans.

taking readers on a twisted time-travel tale of titanic tenure! In an attempt to get to the bottom of the mystery, Robin the Boy Wonder and the Supergirl of Krypton venture back in time to China circa 1600 B.C.—running headfirst into the ancient superheroes known as the House of Ji! Meanwhile, Superman and Batman are losing a race against time to save their fellow superheroes from the schemes of a new villain…one simply known as THE DEVIL NEZHA.
    Okay, I don't care that this isn't some game-changing, high-brow, comic...this sounds utterly amazing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Looks like the OG Kara Zor-El has indeed been reinserted back into continuity. About time. It always felt $#!++y to me that both Clark & Conner's deaths & resurrections got remembered and memorialized in Metropolis Park, but Kara's own death & resurrection got forgotten by pointless time shenanigans.
    Oh yeah, now that you point it out if Kara was just starting our around the time Dick was Robin then that dates her as being much older in the present-day and around the same age-range as Dick and Babs again instead of being younger than Babs like in Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Yep I hate when they do that to characters. When you take away their pasts you cut them off at the knees. They are doing it now with Conner Kent also, but hopefully everyone gets their histories and accomplishments.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Okay, I don't care that this isn't some game-changing, high-brow, comic...this sounds utterly amazing to me.

Oh yeah, now that you point it out if Kara was just starting our around the time Dick was Robin then that dates her as being much older in the present-day and around the same age-range as Dick and Babs again instead of being younger than Babs like in Rebirth.

I wouldn't mind her older, where she belongs Imo.

I always saw Karen as Clark's age bracket anyway
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

That Robin/Supergirl team-up sounds like something I can finally get excited about from this comic. And yeah, interesting to place Kara's debut chronologically before Lois knows Clark's secret (like it should be, as far as I'm concerned). That would age her up even beyond the 21 year-old Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow portrayed her as... wonder if they'll try and explain that in some way (her death lasted years or something like that) or just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    That Robin/Supergirl team-up sounds like something I can finally get excited about from this comic. And yeah, interesting to place Kara's debut chronologically before Lois knows Clark's secret (like it should be, as far as I'm concerned). That would age her up even beyond the 21 year-old Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow portrayed her as... wonder if they'll try and explain that in some way (her death lasted years or something like that) or just ignore it.
    I guess credit to Waid for going with Dick and Kara instead of the typical Kara and Babs pairing, although Dick being the tritagonist probably helped.

Fantastic Member

I always thought that among the superfamily, Kara would be the Robin/Dick to Superman's Batman, the closest thing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    I always thought that among the superfamily, Kara would be the Robin/Dick to Superman's Batman, the closest thing at least.
    Of course she's (sensibly in my opinion) often more paired with Barbara Gordon/Batgirl.

I get where the comparison comes from but I kind of think of Jimmy as more of a Robin type for Supes before Kara shows up.

Hero to hero she is in line with dick and Babs