Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #2 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

Not gonna bother looking. I don't want to spoil a minute. Book's that good.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #2 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Dan Mora

Can't wait .

BANNED

it seems that superman will have a big role in this number, staying lying down.
    batman-superman.
    yes of course, haha

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST #5
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    1:25 variant cover by PETE WOODS
    1:50 variant cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/19/22

THE FIRST ARC OF WORLD'S FINEST CONCLUDES WITH A SHOCKING FORESHADOWING OF DCU EVENTS TO COME!
    The sinister machinations of the devil Nezha have run ragged the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight ever since he made his first terri fying debut in Detective Comics #1050…but what secrets does this villain hold for the future of the DCU? Clues abound for the next big DCU series in this climactic final chapter to the first arc of World's Finest!
    Mora’s Kara is so damn cute. Wonder what that tease means about events to come? I can’t see Waid tying in to Dark Crisis but maybe he’ll surprise me. Third variant reminds me of Smallville S11’s take on Batman and Welling Supes
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

That looks like jon,but muscular.Superman seems too boyish...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Mora’s Kara is so damn cute. Wonder what that tease means about events to come? I can’t see Waid tying in to Dark Crisis but maybe he’ll surprise me. Third variant reminds me of Smallville S11’s take on Batman and Welling Supes
    So it seems like we'll finally get an answer as to why this was meant to be in the main continuity.

This was great. Also Kryptonians can time travel on their own now, like silver and bronze age. About time

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    This was great. Also Kryptonians can time travel on their own now, like silver and bronze age. About time
    Loved that "frosty" convo between SG and Robin, heh.

And this gem from Supes: "I'm well enough to defeat a guy named Felix." Great stuff.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    I loved that! I'm really enjoying this series. Between World's Finest and Action Comics, this is the most fun I've been having reading Superman stories in years!

Mora’s art is definitely increasing my enjoyment of this, but so far this book continues to be really good imo. I like the genuine nature of the Batman/Superman friendship expressed with stuff like Batman urging Clark to hold on through the surgery. I love the tension between Robin and Supergirl (how does Dick have such easy chemistry with any girl he meets ?) and I’m digging the main bad guy. We even get Shazam involved! Waid’s living up to his pitch of this touching on all the various corner of the DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Read this issue on my lunch break. Amazing! Am I the only one wanting an ongoing Doom Patrol by Waid and Mora after these two issues? Also loved the shade being thrown by Robin and Supergirl at each other. So many great little moments in writing and art. Hope this book lasts a very long time and with this specific creative team. Unless of course they want to do an ongoing Doom Patrol series.

Oh and can DC please make the costume in this issue Kara's costume moving forward? Pretty please.

Brilliant issue, the first 2 issues have been awesome.

Having Dick and Kara being strong and consistent supporting characters sounds like a great idea.

Another great issue! Why is it so rare for comics to be this much fun?!? I know Waid is a great writer but he’s not reinventing the wheel here. He’s just embracing the far out there superhero world with just the right amount of humor and darkness.

LOVED seeing the classic Doom Patrol!

Superman casually drinking his tea and telling Robin “it’s what happens when you put two men who hate not being the smartest guy in the room in the same room.” I literally LOL’d.

My only gripe is that I’m not a fan of Kryptonians being able to break the time barrier. Let Flash at least have that. Don’t want Supes to make every other hero seem completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Read this issue on my lunch break. Amazing! Am I the only one wanting an ongoing Doom Patrol by Waid and Mora after these two issues? Also loved the shade being thrown by Robin and Supergirl at each other. So many great little moments in writing and art. Hope this book lasts a very long time and with this specific creative team. Unless of course they want to do an ongoing Doom Patrol series.
    That would be a dream come true! Please DC, at least a mini series!
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-19-2022 at 06:44 PM.

Incredible Member

I'm not loving this as much as the others here, but I don't see a problem with the time-travel thing. Waid wants to create a Silver Age story (though with modern pacing and artwork) in the literal sense of the word, and he's priorizing tone over logic (hence he basically puts "high concept" scenes like Kryptonians showing new amazing powers in one scene and then the story will do like they can't use them later).

Is not that dissimilar to what he did in his JLA days (though that was slightly more grounded due to the characters' more modern characterization writing).
    Last edited by Zagre; 04-20-2022 at 01:53 AM.