Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Trying Magog again, eh? We'll see if something takes this time. I have nothing against the character, I'd perfectly willing to be grabbed, nothing has to this point though. Waid created him though so maybe he can do something interesting. This is oddly reminiscent to the Wonderstar idea from SM/WW. But it's definitely yet another in a line of hints that a KC sequel or something KC inspired is coming.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    From what I remember they both worked together on Magog’s design and character, making him the embodiment of everything they hated about 90s heroes, only to end up liking him and thinking he was kind of cool
    Ywah, I think they took a look at Cable and went from there.

I wonder if David as Magog could be used as a way to deconstruct legacy characters?

They did a teen cable recently. I guess we'll get Teen Magog now. Lol
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-21-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Yep it's years between the books present to the KC time when he kills the joker,so we might be in for years of build up with him.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wonder if David as Magog could be used as a way to deconstruct legacy characters?

Lowkey, Magog comes across like he would be an AMAZING rival for Jon Kent, the failed scion vs the nepo baby

Lots of potential character drama
    Last edited by Dagothoth; 12-21-2022 at 10:01 PM.

Less legacy heroes, more sidekicks. Clark took in Magog the same way Bruce took in Dick, and for the same reasons namely that he saw himself in the kid. But Clark was not able to give Magog the help he needed the way Bruce did for Dick, because Bruce made sure Dick got to take down the man who killed his parents. Dick got catharsis but David’s problems aren’t something Superman could provide a resolution for. Even though on the surface Magog seems like the perfect sidekick for Superman - they have the same origins, similar power sets - ultimately being a hero provided an outlet for Magog’s worst instincts instead of his best. Of course Joker entering the picture made sure it all ended as badly as it possibly could.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Lowkey, Magog comes across like he would be an AMAZING rival for Jon Kent, the failed scion vs the nepo baby

Sure.

Less legacy heroes, more sidekicks. Clark took in Magog the same way Bruce took in Dick, and for the same reasons namely that he saw himself in the kid. But Clark was not able to give Magog the help he needed the way Bruce did for Dick, because Bruce made sure Dick got to take down the man who killed his parents. Dick got catharsis but David’s problems aren’t something Superman could provide a resolution for. Even though on the surface Magog seems like the perfect sidekick for Superman - they have the same origins, similar power sets - ultimately being a hero provided an outlet for Magog’s worst instincts instead of his best. Of course Joker entering the picture made sure it all ended as badly as it possibly could.
    Don't the concepts overlap tho? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post

I'm curious how David decides upon Magog and gets the outfit etc.

Incredible Member

Don't the concepts overlap tho? Just curious.
    They overlap a little but it's not a 1:1 comparision.

Just how powerful is David as a kid and again as magog you think ,compared to superman?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Just how powerful is David as a kid and again as magog you think ,compared to superman?
    As an adult he thought he was strong enough that he could take Supes in a fight and win:

I think he works better if he does have the raw power to match Superman. As a kid… close but not there yet. Having a powerful loose cannon out there running around keeps things interesting if Waid wants to use kid Magog more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

As an adult he thought he was strong enough that he could take Supes in a fight and win:

I think he works better if he does have the raw power to match Superman. As a kid… close but not there yet. Having a powerful loose cannon out there running around keeps things interesting if Waid wants to use kid Magog more.

A lot of ppl think they can "hang" with superman,but they really can't

BANNED

I haven't read KC in a while, so maybe I'm wrong, but I attack Superman with everything, Superman doesn't take any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I haven't read KC in a while, so maybe I'm wrong, but I attack Superman with everything, Superman doesn't take any damage.

Thst what I remember,he took a direct shot from magog and nothing happened

Thst what I remember,he took a direct shot from magog and nothing happened
    That was Old Man Superman who had grown so powerful not even Kryptonite could affect him anymore.

That was Old Man Superman who had grown so powerful not even Kryptonite could affect him anymore.

Yep,but they were still aging,one wasn't frozen in amber,so David should have gotten more powerful too,if he could.

One way or another,he wasn't making a dent in the man of steel