Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah I seem to recall either Waid or Mora said it was not Cyborg Superman.
    Yeah, timeline-wise this is wayyyy before Doomsday.

Incredible Member

Well, this arc bored me to tears, but the next story looks much mroe promising.

Hah, Waid is actually going to use Magpie, like Byrne did? Thought for sure he’d be taking a radically different approach. Poor Waid, forever toiling in Byrne’s shadow despite how much he hates all the changes Byrne made. And is that Count Vertigo? Then next up we have the Riddler/Phantom Zone story, and after that Boy Thunder returns.

You know I’m honestly shocked at how little Waid has used the other Superman Rogues. Outside of Metallo in the Tec backups and a hallucination of Zod, he hasn’t used any, and at this point it looks like he might not ever do so outside of Magog which he created! Maybe he’ll use a surprise Superman Rogue for the Riddler story since the Phantom Zone is involved there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Well, this arc bored me to tears, but the next story looks much mroe promising.
    Final issue was actually enjoyable, not enough to salvage the arc for me, but Mora drew the hell out of it. I’m just bored with robots and Metamorpho isn’t a huge favorite of mine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I feel like everyone had collectively embraced Magpie's Beware the Batman design as her best look and suddenly they bring back the mohawk and Byrne design .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like everyone had collectively embraced Magpie's Beware the Batman design as her best look and suddenly they bring back the mohawk and Byrne design .
    I would say Waid’s nostalgia hard-on is to blame, but he hates Byrne and Post Crisis so it’s gotta be Mora’s fault
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hah, Waid is actually going to use Magpie, like Byrne did? Thought for sure he’d be taking a radically different approach. Poor Waid, forever toiling in Byrne’s shadow despite how much he hates all the changes Byrne made. And is that Count Vertigo? Then next up we have the Riddler/Phantom Zone story, and after that Boy Thunder returns.

You know I’m honestly shocked at how little Waid has used the other Superman Rogues. Outside of Metallo in the Tec backups and a hallucination of Zod, he hasn’t used any, and at this point it looks like he might not ever do so outside of Magog which he created! Maybe he’ll use a surprise Superman Rogue for the Riddler story since the Phantom Zone is involved there.

Final issue was actually enjoyable, not enough to salvage the arc for me, but Mora drew the hell out of it. I’m just bored with robots and Metamorpho isn’t a huge favorite of mine.
    I mean Waid's first villain was the DC version of a Monkey King character who was possessing other heroes. Then we got the Key and the Joker so an old JL villain and one Batman with the big reveal being Kid Thunder was a Kingdom Come villain of Superman. Then we got Metamorpho story which ended up being an Amazo story.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I would say Waid’s nostalgia hard-on is to blame, but he hates Byrne and Post Crisis so it’s gotta be Mora’s fault
    Mora trying to prove he can make any design work .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mora trying to prove he can make any design work .
    He truly would be a miracle worker if he can make that design work.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I mean Waid's first villain was the DC version of a Monkey King character who was possessing other heroes. Then we got the Key and the Joker so an old JL villain and one Batman with the big reveal being Kid Thunder was a Kingdom Come villain of Superman. Then we got Metamorpho story which ended up being an Amazo story.
    Only Newmazo has been a miss for me, I’m just surprised Waid hasn’t brought in more Superman villains.

finally caught up to this series very entraining loving the art and the guest appearances with each arc so far. really liking Supergirl in this I dont read much of her but I am enjoying her character
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I need to know Dan Moras secret to doing multiple titles. On time. With consistent art.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I need to know Dan Moras secret to doing multiple titles. On time. With consistent art.
    Waid is mystified by it as well, says he will turn the script into Mora in the morning one day, and by that afternoon he will get fully pencilled and inked pages back.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ah the good old "overload the robot by overtaxing him with what he fuels on." Can't beat that, thats why its a classic.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Sampere variant for WF #20

IMG_2110.jpg

And Mora

IMG_2111.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Maybe it is just me, but it doesn't feel like it is smart to go back to KC plots again.